Re: Morgan Mclernon

Lets try again without the rubbish and the stuff that could get us sued- if you want to post publish rubbish about a company go else where to do it, either show us hard proof or keep your mouth shut

There is no there is no other option, My mate told me doesn’t count , I also suggest that folks realise we can trace the IP addresses of where folks post from and also registering from your work e-mail gives us a hint you may have an ulterior motive… think on before you post next time you fools

So first hand testimony from an employee doesn’t count then?

The last post was apparently from someone who worked there…

No it doesn’t- a random post from an anonymous person on the internet counts for zilch- we are the publishers and unless proof is provided that will stand up in court any such comments will be removed

Rikki-UK:
No it doesn’t- a random post from an anonymous person on the internet counts for zilch- we are the publishers and unless proof is provided that will stand up in court any such comments will be removed

In that case, you will need to remove every single disparaging post that gets made about a person, company or product…

Why delete the whole thread? I didn’t make any disparaging comments about them, in fact I pointed out how slow they were compared to my old firm - whom I didn’t name either. What’s wrong with saying they were keeping within the law?

DonutUK:
In that case, you will need to remove every single disparaging post that gets made about a person, company or product…

+1^^^^
I have asked before who’s side ‘Rikki-uk’ is on, it certainly isn’t ours by the look of it…

but isn’t the whole point of a forum people posting their own opinions etc not that trucknet is personally responsible for what individuals write? some people have very dim views of certain companies but it is their own opinion.

also if that is the case why do so many posts exist regarding agencies being nothing more than scumbags who rob drivers etc?

war1974:
but isn’t the whole point of a forum people posting their own opinions etc not that trucknet is personally responsible for what individuals write? some people have very dim views of certain companies but it is their own opinion.

also if that is the case why do so many posts exist regarding agencies being nothing more than scumbags who rob drivers etc?

It’s the difference between saying all agencies are scumbags and one particular agency are scumbags.

If everybody is scum that’s fine if one is scum you can’t say that.

Funny how the reverse is true of ethnic groups, religions, races, tribes etc.

Now I know what you’re thinking… Actually I don’t, but it won’t be long before the thought police are a reality.

Mind how you go.

I always miss out on the juicy threads before they get chopped :angry:

Meanwhile on the O/D forum, a large haulier is being discussed in some quite derogatory terms by some of the posters.

They’re quoting rates, workload, planning abilities, relationships, payment terms with gay abandon and no sanction, not even the suggestion of such.

Maybe there’s a residual fear of people from other parts of these islands.

If you go on Trip-advisor and post remarks about a certain hotel etc saying it was dirty, poorly run etc, the website doesn’t get sued. If you go onto Parker’s for a car review, there are negative as well as positive posts. Here is a completely random review I picked.

Peugeot 306.

“Poorly insulated against road noise…”
“Build quality not good…”

(parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/o … view/1221/)

And yet Parkers as far as I know have not been sued. The point I’m making is what is the difference between saying these cars are badly made, and some of the stuff posted on here?

Why the worry over being sued??

bazza123:
If you go on Trip-advisor and post remarks about a certain hotel etc saying it was dirty, poorly run etc, the website doesn’t get sued. If you go onto Parker’s for a car review, there are negative as well as positive posts. Here is a completely random review I picked.

Peugeot 306.

And yet Parkers as far as I know have not been sued. The point I’m making is what is the difference between saying these cars are badly made, and some of the stuff posted on here?

Could be wrong, but i imagine it’s to do with all those links at the bottom of Rikki-UK’s posts.

Commercial Moaner journalists aren’t known for having a print-and-be-damned approach to things. Their idea of risky is asking the wife if they can order a Ford Focus in metallic instead of solid beige.

You agree to abide by the gaffers rules when you sign up to be a member on here so…

‘Think on before you post next time you fools’

? Is that not derogatory?

Just my own opinion. :wink:

Well obviously some of the stuff that was said was from a competitor, hence not cricket. We all agree to not slag firms unless we have proof when we join the forum.

Scanner:

bazza123:

Peugeot 306.

Could be wrong, but i imagine it’s to do with all those links at the bottom of Rikki-UK’s posts.

Commercial Moaner journalists aren’t known for having a print-and-be-damned approach to things. Their idea of risky is asking the wife if they can order a Ford Focus in metallic instead of solid beige.

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: That’s pretty much on the money as I see it. I know Rikki has to walk a fine line but it would be nice if we had a publication and a forum that stuck up for drivers sometimes. Its all good and well saying ‘we’ll get sued’ but you know it works both ways. To sue you the company would have to prove that the poster is lying. Forums are the only place to find out about companies because the likes of T&D and Commercial Motor are basically promotional brochures for various companies. Some decent investigative journalism would go a long way in my opinion and may make some of us buy magazines again for the first time in years.

O.M.G. im sorry, I didn’t think asking about Working for a company would cause so much trouble. Thanks for the replies anyway.

Scanner:
Meanwhile on the O/D forum, a large haulier is being discussed in some quite derogatory terms by some of the posters.

They’re quoting rates, workload, planning abilities, relationships, payment terms with gay abandon and no sanction, not even the suggestion of such.

But if the posters have invoices, schedules, payment terms, hard copy off actual terms, and hard copy (emails etc) of relationship issues with company X, and as O/D’s they would, then there is the hard evidence to back up posts made on that forum if said company wished to persue Trucknet through the courts.

Having said that, if to much censorship takes place, then the whole point of the open forum will be lost.

But Rikki has a fine line to walk and I dont wish to add to his troubles :wink:

wont somebody think of the children in all this!

war1974:
wont somebody think of the children in all this!

Classic :exclamation: :exclamation: :grimacing: