Re: Holland

Hi guys
Talking to someone today who has just retired from the industry
Says he did continental work a long time ago and how things have changed
How he used to spend upto 2 month a time out in Europe
How the Brits ruled the euro haulage over there
Bringing over belly tanks of red dev and driving for 14 hrs a day
But now its all done by the eastern block and you wont see a Brits lorry over the water anymore

Still he said if you want to get a start on euro work said your best bet is Holland for some reason
Any English men hear working for a Dutch firm living in England that could share there experience please

I did a bit for a Dutchman, was glad to see these on red, time for a sleep!

TRAFFIC LIGHTS.png
(this was a few years ago, i think its a bit better nowadays thou)

The heyday of Brits working in Holland peaked about 10 years ago. Best bet now is Irish

Still a fair few brit motors go over.

Do ptm and whites still do alot of Euro work

As luke said there’s plenty of irish company’s that do Europe

Whites still do a fair bit of Euro work, if you mean Whites the removals company.
See their lads on the ferries quite often. Mainly still on forces removals.

Is that Ray white

Ray whites still do plenty of Europe.

kindle530:

Who was that with, how long where you away for, uk runs or europe, where did you park the wagon at the end of the trip?

switchlogic:
The heyday of Brits working in Holland peaked about 10 years ago. Best bet now is Irish

The problem with Irish is the likes of Dixons, mc Burry, derry morgen is you do a two week trip, 24hrs off on route and bring the lorry back to Ireland for a 2 day rest

I enjoyed working for a foreign company but they do things differently and not always for the best, work ethic, expectations, rules and regs etc… And just remember YOUR the foreigner and more so if you can’t speak the language.

mc thackeray:
The problem with Irish is the likes of Dixons, mc Burry, derry morgen is you do a two week trip, 24hrs off on route and bring the lorry back to Ireland for a 2 day rest

Not all. I take the lorry to wherever I want to take my 45.

mc thackeray:

kindle530:

Who was that with, how long where you away for, uk runs or europe, where did you park the wagon at the end of the trip?

switchlogic:

Do hannon and kelly flowers not do one week trips

irish lorries:

mc thackeray:

kindle530:

switchlogic:

Do hannon and kelly flowers not do one week trips

No in the main they do two weeks away a ta time

O’Neills of Tralee are away 6 to 12 weeks with w/end rest taken in the country you end up in. Except Belgium & France for the 45hr weekly rest then you must either stay in Holland, Germany or the UK, or anywhere else that isn’t going to fine you for holidaying in the cab. :grimacing:
Germanys my favourite as the facilities are better.

it is quite naive to think that the french won’t fine you for having the weekend rest in your cab in germany, if you are not driving a truck registered in germany. same as driving 12 hours straight in bulgaria, the french will still care.

milodon:
it is quite naive to think that the french won’t fine you for having the weekend rest in your cab in germany, if you are not driving a truck registered in germany. same as driving 12 hours straight in bulgaria, the french will still care.

They are fine with 45s being taken in the cabs as long as its not taken on French soil (their words not mine)

whose words?

chester1:
You can still have a 45 hr break in the cab in France and Belgium but only if you don’t have a reduced break available .

this puzzles me as well

To be honest I was looking for some names of Dutch companies doing 6 weeks stunts or a firm which has A yard in the UK

Well looks like I’m not going to get any number off hear then
Guess I will just have to take my car down to the ferry and go over myself
fetch some cheap booze back and sit in a laybuy and take notes of all the trucks coming out
over a bottle of rum and smoking one of those funny things from Holland

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/sho … highlight=

search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=batista230&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

J Heebink had/has a yard in Newport Pagnell.

Foto_97248200865046_jpg_590x590_q85.jpg

Heijboer transport do regular UK runs.

109-7-xf106-sc-460-heijboer-58-bbx-4-1.jpg

PS. photo’s are not mine…