RE:Fagan and whalley burnley

Does anyone know what these are like to work for on here, and what the pay scale is?

cheers

I didn’t realise Fagan & Whalley went into on-line journalism…

the nodding donkey:

whats that supposed to mean

Never mind.

Can’t offer any advice about them but their trucks always look stunning on the road. Does it mean that they pay less because your driving around in a nice shiny truck, now I’m not trying to ■■■■■ about them but in my experience this has mostly been the case. On the other hand it would be nice to think that there is a transport company that looks this good AND pays good. The website looks fab and all the blurb seems to say that they are a traditional transport firm with morals and standards, is that too much to ask? ? ?

Batesy2014:
Does anyone know what these are like to work for on here, and what the pay scale is?

cheers

Hi

Ive worked for fagans and to be honest they are a good firm to work for,Family etc.

The main man Graham is a top bloke,If I am honest the best boss I have had(only been driving 3 years)reson being he seems to make it his duty to know everyones name and always makes the effort.

work wise well its good and its bad.i loved doing the paper rolls collection but I hated Palletforce hub work,Its a place that is marmite Like it or not

wages is about 8 quid a hour and 10 for nights.Top kit …New trailers and have own top notch garages at sites.

hope that helps.

buses:

Batesy2014:

cheers

Hi

Ive worked for fagans and to be honest they are a good firm to work for,Family etc.

The main man Graham is a top bloke,If I am honest the best boss I have had(only been driving 3 years)reson being he seems to make it his duty to know everyones name and always makes the effort.

work wise well its good and its bad.i loved doing the paper rolls collection but I hated Palletforce hub work,Its a place that is marmite Like it or not

wages is about 8 quid a hour and 10 for nights.Top kit …New trailers and have own top notch garages at sites.

hope that helps.

Nice one mate, is that palletforce hub work just trunking work?

I work for them currently. It’s my first driving job so I’ve nothing to judge them against but I love it, I think they are great to work for. Decent kit, well maintained, they won’t have you doing anything illegal in terms of hours or defects. The work is general haulage so you get different runs everyday. More interesting than just doing rdc to rdc all the time. They are part of pallet force so if your on class 2 you can get runs with 12+ drops in town centres and residential streets, but on class 1 your left alone from that side of it unless your on nights hauling one of the pallet force double decker trunk trailers to the depot, but that’s a decent run to be honest.

As someone has said graham is a top bloke and he really does seem to know every single persons name there.

I have no plans to go anywhere else to be honest! Let me know if you want to know anything more specific or pm me.

Batesy2014:

the nodding donkey:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The second quote above is why some drivers are happy chaps on 8 quid an hour…

(about as bright as an eclipse)

Truckulent:

Batesy2014:

the nodding donkey:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The second quote above is why some drivers are happy chaps on 8 quid an hour…

(about as bright as an eclipse)

:wink: :grimacing:

Any company thats always advertising for drivers cant be that good. but as everyone is different, you dont know until you try, and it seems at least someone is happy working there.

tenner an hr for nites is rubbish

i webt for a driving assessment with them. seemed decent enough. wages were 8 quid odd before 8hrs then another quid after that for class 2 class 1 is a couple of quid more. fagans seems to be a marmite place from what drivers have said to me

£8 an hour… My god. So it is a case of shiny truck = low pay. Why does transport think its ok to pay such poor hourly rates. I’d rather clean toilets for that.

sortca:
£8 an hour… My god. So it is a case of shiny truck = low pay. Why does transport think its ok to pay such poor hourly rates. I’d rather clean toilets for that.

Not good money, I got £8.50 an hour ten years ago driving a 8 wheel tipper, I didn’t think that was a great wage then.

National Minimum Wage rises to £7.20 an hour in april!!

Like I said I’m really happy there and don’t plan on moving, but I guess if you’ve got experience then you can move from company to company, then give it a go. If it’s not your cup of tea then go somewhere else!

If he’s happy, fair play to him, I’m sure when the time comes that he’s not, he’ll walk away, shaking hands to make sure that the path is clear to return, should the grass not be greener on the other side.

Before I left last year the wages for class 1 got put up to £8.50/hr and £9.50/hr overtime.

The pay isn’t great but the jobs not bad and as said above Graham is a top bloke

(shakes head in disbelieve and shrugs…) :unamused: