RE:Fagan and whalley burnley

mm1988:
Before I left last year the wages for class 1 got put up to £8.50/hr and £9.50/hr overtime.

The pay isn’t great but the jobs not bad and as said above Graham is a top bloke

If Graham was a top bloke, surely he’d pay a decent wage and not pish… :question: :question:

andy12:
tenner an hr for nites is rubbish

£10 per hour on days is cac.

£8hr class1 pure dung lads no matter how “good” job is or how decent the bossman is either! !!!

so what is a fair wage class 1 days

SHYTOT:

And apart from agency, where are the jobs with significantly higher pay? I didn’t see any when I was searching, other than agency, and we all know the pro and cons of that. To be honest when I was looking for a job between £8.50 and £9.50 per hour and days seemed the average rate for days. So whilst that puts fagans at the lower end of the average that I saw, it’s still not a huge difference.

SHYTOT:

Should be min £10hr for dayshift but I admit NOBODY here in NI is near that except direct for the supermarkets.or ADR tanker work.
Companies here can get derv@ 68ppl ex Vat in The South atm and its a disgrace that wages haven’t moved up a bit as a consequence!!![emoji26]

Crap stay clear but what doesn’t suit one may suit another £8.50 ph run ragged unless you are blue eyed boy.

No wonder the gaffer is friendly paying that much an hour

£8 an hour is pretty normal in my part of the world in fact some are paying slightly less but you do have a big shiny motor to drive/pose in !!! . One problem which nobody seems to have thought of is the higher you earn the more the tax system takes from you . At the moment !!! there is a driver shortage but you can be sure in the event of a downturn the first people to be shown the door with their P45s in their pocket will be todays high earners ■■?.

shugg:
£8 an hour is pretty normal in my part of the world in fact some are paying slightly less but you do have a big shiny motor to drive/pose in !!! . One problem which nobody seems to have thought of is the higher you earn the more the tax system takes from you . At the moment !!! there is a driver shortage but you can be sure in the event of a downturn the first people to be shown the door with their P45s in their pocket will be todays high earners ■■?.

Well, there obviously isn’t a driver shortage if you can get one for £8 an hour. My boy is 18, he earns exactly £8 an hour working in the local hospital, mopping floors and emptying bins. He didn’t need to spend £3,500 to get a licence to do it.

shugg:

Think the “higher tax” bracket truck driver would be in the minority about the country,
the 40% income tax don’t kick-in until your earning in the high £30ks!!![emoji52]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Work to live not live to work nobody should be forced to work 60 plus hours a week to survive.my son also works at the local hospital and if both done 40 hours he comes out with more he’s 20 years old haulage company’s take the ■■■■ crying there’s no money to be made then jump in there 50 grand cars,drive to there million pound houses.
Life’s a ■■■■■

It really is time for me to look for another job away from driving altogether. It’s pretty poor when all that’s on offer in certain parts of the country is £8/£9 per hour, insulting. When I was 19 I was earning £8.00 per hour!! (And that’s 20 years ago).

Just spoke to an agency 13ph