Raoul Moat

I know what he done was pretty screwed up but many questions need to be asked. Police and prison gaurds knew what he was planning he even wrote it on Facebook so why was nothing done sooner? Why was he even released from prison, obviously he was unstable?

His ex didnt really help matters either, come on you are sitting banged up in a cell and you can see the coppers face who put you there and then your misses informs you that she is now with a pig. I am not saying what he done was right or anyone deserved to die but this is just another example of where the british justice system has messed it up big time.

I do sort of feel sorry for him but at the same time I think he has acted very stupidly his little girl is going to grow up without a father and possible without a mother if that happens she will more than likely hate him for the rest of her life.

RIP Raoul Moat

training day for emergency services springs to mind
and all that lovely overtime

i wanna know where all these extra police have come from?? cus you never see them when old ladies are getting robbed by smackheads etc,
also amazing the effort going into the search, the speed in which they got landrovers from ireland… shame they cant spring help for the forces in afganistan so fast.

once again no doubt the social services will learn from this incident, :unamused:

They never learn though. The probation service, the justice system, social services are all a joke, I mean how is right when a ■■■■■■■■■■ can serve less time than someone who commits an armed robbery.

With (reportedly) 10% of the Police Armed response teams marching up and down Rothbury. !00s of plod scouring the countryside kitted out better than the troops out in Afghanistan. Half the Northern Ireland Heavy Duty Armoured car teams parked up along the main street. Tornado fighter planes scouring the countryside, armed with Sidewinder missiles and Christ knows what else. With a Polaris submarine probably parked up in the river Coquet ready to fire an Inter-Continental Ballistic missile onto his tent. MR.(as the copper on tele kept referring to him) Moat, was able to live on the outskirts of the village. Enter a number of houses to replenish his grub stocks. Probably have a crap and a shower, and a fry-up while he was in there. With that Assistant Chief Constable with the dodgy hair-do Hot on his trail. Then end it all, where he had probably been all ■■■■■■■ week, outside an allotment on the edge of the village. He is now dead. It is a pity that a man who was so obviously in need of psychiatric help for a number of years, due to his steroid addiction, did not get that help, before another man got killed;2 other people got seriously injured; and he shot himself. He had apparently been in and out of that village all week. He had not hurt anyone else.

Meanwhile. 2 Bent coppers in the same County were found guilty of flogging handed in/confiscated shotguns to anyone who fancied having one. They have resigned from the Plod, in order to ensure that they get their Gold-Plated and Bomb-proof pensions. And let of with a stern telling-off from the judge.

Sir Robert Peel will be spinning in his grave. Me. :grimacing: I,m just spitting ■■■■■■■ feathers. :grimacing:

Still there is bound to be an up-side to all of this. Anytime now. we will be told " Lessons have been Learned". :wink: :wink: Yeah!! :angry: :angry: Pull the other ■■■■■■ boss. It,s got bells on. :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

This has only been blown out of proportion because one of there own was shot in the face… FACT… How much attention do the shootings in London get with all these so called gang wars etc get? Maybe a page 4 or 5 in the paper for a day… ■■■■ the ROZZERS…

I agree above posts, a nutter and probly a bully but a sad tale his bird sounds like a tart who wernt worth the hassle. More than a few blokes will be thinking tho “But for the grace of god go I”. Raol Moat RIP

So your saying Moat bore no responsibilities for his action & downfall.

Lets review the events

His girlfriend broke up with him whilst he was in prison, & He could see the copper face who put him there. Well the question is why was he in prison ? Because HE committed a crime (assuming he wasn’t fitted up).
For all you know it was the final straw for his gf, & why whine about a policeman arresting you for a crime. That’s the idea of the Police. if you cant do the time, don’t do the crime.

Unfortunately you cant arrest people for what they might do, or what you think they might do. It can hard enough arresting people for things they have done. His Facebook entry was made after he left prison.

This man shot the mother of his child, & murdered her new bf. You might argue a crime a passion. People break up from partners everyday, & some get ■■■■ on. It’s the risk you take when forming relationships. It doesnt give the right o go on a psychotic rampage. Then he cold bloodedly shoots a copper at random, for being a copper. Using his logic, if a lorry driver runs off with your wife, you have the right to shoot lorry driver

The only other people to blame for Moat’s actions, where whom ever gave him the gun. they knew his intentions. They might as well pulled the trigger themselves.

I cant understand some people trying to turn him into some kind of unlucky hero. He was just a murdering thug.

scottishcruiser:
This has only been blown out of proportion because one of there own was shot in the face… FACT… How much attention do the shootings in London get with all these so called gang wars etc get? Maybe a page 4 or 5 in the paper for a day… [zb] the ROZZERS…

Very, very true.

It was mentioned yesterday if they had not got him before Sunday they were increasing the reward money from 10’k t0 20K so it would have been RAOULOVER

This is one more example, if one were needed, that “care in the community” does not work. We used to have facilities, some secure, for those that had mental health issues. That has all gone and the prison system has to deal with people it has had no training for.

The staff do what they can but they are not psychiatrists. The prison governor is not allowed to detain a prisoner beyond their release date without either, a warrant from a court or an order from the Home Office. If they do then, compensation claims, human rights etc. come into play. Never mind the “right to life” that both Derrick Bird and Raoul Moat’s victims had.

pavaroti:
Raol Moat RIP

You say RIP for the murdering ■■■■■■■■■■■■■ and not for the bloke he killed ? …strange world you live in

The ■■■■ only did one thing right and that was to top himself and save us having to pay to keep the murdering ■■■■ in luxury for the rest of his life

scottishcruiser:
This has only been blown out of proportion because one of there own was shot in the face… FACT… How much attention do the shootings in London get with all these so called gang wars etc get? Maybe a page 4 or 5 in the paper for a day… [zb] the ROZZERS…

This.

pavaroti:
Raol Moat RIP

Yeah, right. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Secretelephant:
So your saying Moat bore no responsibilities for his action & downfall.

Lets review the events

His girlfriend broke up with him whilst he was in prison, & He could see the copper face who put him there. Well the question is why was he in prison ? Because HE committed a crime (assuming he wasn’t fitted up).
For all you know it was the final straw for his gf, & why whine about a policeman arresting you for a crime. That’s the idea of the Police. if you cant do the time, don’t do the crime.

Unfortunately you cant arrest people for what they might do, or what you think they might do. It can hard enough arresting people for things they have done. His Facebook entry was made after he left prison.

This man shot the mother of his child, & murdered her new bf. You might argue a crime a passion. People break up from partners everyday, & some get [zb] on. It’s the risk you take when forming relationships. It doesnt give the right o go on a psychotic rampage. Then he cold bloodedly shoots a copper at random, for being a copper. Using his logic, if a lorry driver runs off with your wife, you have the right to shoot lorry drivers.

The only other people to blame for Moat’s actions, where whom ever gave him the gun. they knew his intentions. They might as well pulled the trigger themselves.

I didnt say you should whine about a policeman arresting you for a crime, but he aint going to be your favorite person in the world. The girlfirend certainly didnt do any good buy saying she was with a police man did she. Consider your mental state when you are banged up for the majority of the day, doing the same routine over and over again. I agree with if you cant do the time, dont do the crime but he done his time so has payed for what ever he done to put himself there.

While in prison you are monitored and before being released you are accessed are you telling me nothing was picked up, well they didnt need to him told gaurds what he was going to do. After being released you are monitored or supposed to be so you would think something openly put on the internet may of been picked up and maybe the police could of took the girlfriend away of stopped it before it came to death.

I said that his actions were not the right thing to do, if it was you in that situation what would you do. I think you would do the same as me and feel hurt maybe annoyed but I would do what he did so to me that tells you something about his mental state and he obviously needed help.

Unfortuantly there are people out there with no morales and money rules their brains, if you go to someone who sells guns do you think they care what you do with it. Well to me its bloody obvious what you want a gun for. Maybe the old bill should put a little more recourses into getting these weapons of the streets, getting these drugs of the streets. But they know they are fighting a losing battle so instead to make figures look better they spend there time setting up check points to get easy convictions against motorist.

Please dont mis understand what I am saying anyone who gets caught by the police for anything deserves what they get. My point is that situations like this shouldnt happen it could of and should of been avoided instead 2 men are dead and 2 other people are lying in intensive care.

Easy to be judgemental and high handed. he was a murdering scumbag deserved what he got and yes saved the hard pressed tax payer a few quid, but still a sad tale, nobodys posted in support of the guy so calm down girlys… but i still say Raol Moat RIP… Coppers wud of been loving the excitement anyway…

can’t even be bothered reading all the police bashing above - he was bad, not mad - good riddance :exclamation:

jj72:
can’t even be bothered reading all the police bashing above - he was bad, not mad - good riddance :exclamation:

Not saying he wasnt bad, you are of sane mind would you of acted the same?

scottishcruiser:

Exactly, its sad when anything like this happens, but its worse when its not police at the recieving end and it doesn’t get this sort of attention.

EVERY murder should be treated like this untill the people responsible are found.

My opinion is that he’s done us all a favour by shooting himself.

He takes an innocent life, seriously injures 2, and at least by killing himself he’s saved me, a tax payer, from keeping him in jail for a long time at my expense.

Good riddance to him.

Ken.