Rants about "professional" drivers.... Troll alert?

I’ve noticed recently there is an increasing number of complaints about “professional” driving standards.

In most of these threads either someone has been cut up, not let out, kept back, driven off the road, or otherwise offended. Of course, there is always a response and a discussion, long or otherwise.

But has anyone noticed most of these posts are by people with less than say, 100 posts. Often far less than that. And generally speaking, all the posters profiles list them as a “Driver”.

I don’t know who is or who isn’t a driver, and maybe they are all from concerned pros complaining about others, but somehow I doubt it.

An easy and quick example: Professional drivers - mobile phones (Professional drivers - mobile phones - THE UK PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS FORUM (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK) posted by madmackem with a total of 6 posts…and a occupation listed as “driver.”

It’s nothing personal, and maybe all of these posts are from genuinely concerned drivers, but call me a cynical, “old school”, time served, sceptic, but something doesn’t gel about the number of critical posts, or have we all simply started criticising every other driver on the road?

671 posts neely 3 yeers and whos a troll

I agree, seems to me that any one who has been driving for more than five minutes takes all the nonsense in thier stride.
They also understand that grizzling about it on a forum aint going to change a thing.

EastAnglianTrucker:
I’ve noticed recently there is an increasing number of complaints about “professional” driving standards.

In most of these threads either someone has been cut up, not let out, kept back, driven off the road, or otherwise offended. Of course, there is always a response and a discussion, long or otherwise.

But has anyone noticed most of these posts are by people with less than say, 100 posts. Often far less than that. And generally speaking, all the posters profiles list them as a “Driver”.

I don’t know who is or who isn’t a driver, and maybe they are all from concerned pros complaining about others, but somehow I doubt it.

An easy and quick example: Professional drivers - mobile phones (Professional drivers - mobile phones - THE UK PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS FORUM (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK) posted by madmackem with a total of 6 posts…and a occupation listed as “driver.”

It’s nothing personal, and maybe all of these posts are from genuinely concerned drivers, but call me a cynical, “old school”, time served, sceptic, but something doesn’t gel about the number of critical posts, or have we all simply started criticising every other driver on the road?

I have had my licence and been driving since 1999, but as you so rightly point out i am new to this forum.

We pride ourselves on being professional drivers, yet there are always those amongst us or feel they are above the law. Yes, other posters are also right, there are other idiots who drive while talking on phone.

bazstan009:
I agree, seems to me that any one who has been driving for more than five minutes takes all the nonsense in thier stride.
They also understand that grizzling about it on a forum aint going to change a thing.

I have only been driving an hgv for a month but other lorrys are very respective of each other which is nice, makes you feel part of a club, but car drivers seem to act like Kamikaze trainees in relation to when im driving tractors. when in a tractor they hit the brakes, keep well away, stop in their tracks, i dont like car drivers as a lorry driver :open_mouth:

bazstan009:

Correct, I meet my fair share of idiots on the road but never moan about them on here it’s never going to solve anything.
It’s best to just chill out and move on you’re a long time dead.

Professional drivers my ■■■■,10 minute drive across my town today listening to Sally Traffic’s report,2 rollovers and someone had become detached from their trailer,Sally can report
anything up to a dozen rollovers each day,professional my ■■■■ seems most of you couldn’t even spell it.

LET THE ASSES BRAE…THATS WHAT I DO

Armagedon:
Professional drivers my ■■■■

all the same then. i been drivin 32 years and no bump at all :unamused:

Armagedon:
Professional drivers my ■■■■,10 minute drive across my town today listening to Sally Traffic’s report,2 rollovers and someone had become detached from their trailer,Sally can report anything up to a
dozen rollovers each day,professional my ■■■■ seems most of you couldn’t even spell it.

So you know all the details as to why these rollovers happen do you??
The reason why you hear about trucks all the time is because when it goes wrong it’s normally a catastrophe but what about the hundreds of thousands of car accidents that happen every day which we don’t hear about.

FarnboroughBoy11:

Armagedon:
Professional drivers my ■■■■,10 minute drive across my town today listening to Sally Traffic’s report,2 rollovers and someone had become detached from their trailer,Sally can report anything up to a
dozen rollovers each day,professional my ■■■■ seems most of you couldn’t even spell it.

So you know all the details as to why these rollovers happen do you??
The reason why you hear about trucks all the time is because when it goes wrong it’s normally a catastrophe but what about the hundreds of thousands of car accidents that happen every day which we don’t hear about.

Agree with you there maybe the rollover occured because he had to avoid an idiot in a car!!!

I dont tend to much much silly driving but thats probably because i dont look for it and i also let people get on with what ever they want to do, ie backing off early to let someone past if their not much quicker. Alot of these people that make threads about bad driving never seem to make mistakes themselfs which i really admire.

eezeer:

Why are you attacking me? All I asked was a reasonable question. I wan’t accusing anyone of being a troll, but you seem to have taken it personally. If the cap fits fella… :unamused:

madmackem:
I have had my licence and been driving since 1999, but as you so rightly point out i am new to this forum.

We pride ourselves on being professional drivers, yet there are always those amongst us or feel they are above the law. Yes, other posters are also right, there are other idiots who drive while talking on phone.

And I have no doubt you’re a professional driver madmackem. In fact, we have more in common than you might expect…

I just can’t quite reconcile the numbers of threads complaining about “professional” drivers with what may be a surge in drivers criticising drivers.

I hate seeing other drivers with a phone held to their ear, be they car or truck drivers. And it ■■■■■■ me off when drivers on a slip road expect me to automatically make way for them instead of them adjusting to my speed before entering a motorway. But actually complaining about it on an internet forum, presumably some time after the fact, seems a bit pointless to me.

As to why so many professional drivers insist on driving whilst on their mobiles and steering with their elbows? I have no idea, and even if I did, I don’t expect it would make any difference at all.

Armagedon:
Professional drivers my ■■■■,10 minute drive across my town today listening to Sally Traffic’s report,2 rollovers and someone had become detached from their trailer,Sally can report
anything up to a dozen rollovers each day,professional my ■■■■ seems most of you couldn’t even spell it.

you are a utter bell end. do you work for the emergency services or highways agency and see these accidents 1st hand■■? anyone can listen to sally traffic and make their own mind up what has happend,plenty do it on here ffs! until you know the in’s and outs of why an accident on sally traffic has happend and have the cheak to slate us who keep the country moving on here then i suggest you keep you’re opinions to yourself f–k–g gobs–te!

EastAnglianTrucker:

what you saying then
unless you have made over a hundred posts on this forum
you are a crap driver

EastAnglianTrucker:

eezeer:

Why are you attacking me? All I asked was a reasonable question. I wan’t accusing anyone of being a troll, but you seem to have taken it personally. If the cap fits fella… :unamused:

Surely the ‘point’,if there is one,that you were trying to make is,anyone with less than a certain number of posts on here is a timewaster,that word ‘troll’ what a load of rubbish,when perhaps its the people who post endlessly,but posts a load of inconsidered rubbish who are just as bad,besides if you aren’t interested in summit,dont reply/bother about it,complaining about it is just as bad as complaining about supposed inconsiderate driving?s

villa:
what you saying then
unless you have made over a hundred posts on this forum
you are a crap driver

lynchy:
Surely the ‘point’,if there is one,that you were trying to make is,anyone with less than a certain number of posts on here is a timewaster,that word ‘troll’ what a load of rubbish,when perhaps its the people who post endlessly,but posts a load of inconsidered rubbish who are just as bad,besides if you aren’t interested in summit,dont reply/bother about

No, neither of these interpretations come anywhere near what I was asking! So I’ll try and make it really really simple.

I was asking, perhaps not simply enough, if it was possible there were people coming onto this forum with the express purpose of starting threads to deliberately wind people up? There are a couple of threads that have created [zb]storms over days/weeks with thousands of posts from people all generally discussing the professionalism or otherwise of drivers.

I was NOT saying that people with fewer than a specific number of posts were trolls. Or were bad drivers, or were timewasters.

Just have a look at some of the current and recent threads that have run and run, way beyond their natural life.

I just asked if it was possible there were wind-up merchants deliberately provoking members on here! Is that simple enough for you?

There are definitely wind-up merchants on here, trolls whatever you may wish to call them.
But be happy in the fact that they have failed :sunglasses:
As the members of this forum offer no real challenge to a troll of standing and experience.
Too easy to get a rise from too many.
Trolling on aircraft forums, gun forums is far more challenging and entertaining :laughing: The american forums are a particular fave of mine, as they pull the plug on you very quickly, so you have a fine line to tread in order to keep the troll alive :sunglasses:

I do not troll on here, as it seems the wrong thing to do, I love my driving and I would feel like a cannibal of sorts.

eezeer:

Armagedon:
Professional drivers my ■■■■

all the same then. i been drivin 32 years and no bump at all :unamused:

is it seen lots behind me though