rant.........................

i can see both sides of the argument here,tiggz’s is right to stick to her guns and stay at the speed limit.that is her choice no one can take that away from her.robk’s point on having them in front of you is logical as well,this way you know what there up to and where they are in comparison to your road position.if they r behind you then you never know what they are going to attempt.now i don’t know this road that tiggz was on,but if there is bad bends and accident black spots etc and they try something on one of these 2 area’s,then it could lead to disaster.if there is layby’s then pull in let them belt off at x miles an hour and then you can carry on with your journey.if you are a newbie the last thing you need is a driver with the patients of bin ladden behind you, :laughing: .i am not telling people here that they should break the speed limits or drive like idiots,they will be idiots on the road weather they are behind tiggz or someone else,they don’t care as long as they get there 1st. :wink:

Rob K:
It’s not your job to enforce the speed limit and the highway code clearly states you should allow faster vehicles to pass, IRRESPECTIVE OF THE CIRCUMSTANCES.

i agree its not are job to enforce limits
but flashing your lights and trying to intimerdate other road users is not in the highway code ethier
the plain facts are the standard of wagon drivers is falling fast
how many times do you see
drivers drive up the backside of cars that have nowhere to go
pull out in front of other road users because they are doing 1 k faster
turn right round roundabouts on the inside lane
we have been let down by the few,but the fact is it has given us a bad name
you only have to listern to the traffic reports
wagon turned over at …
wagon lost its load at…
how professional does this sound.
jon

tiggz:

Rob K:
Well what a bunch of do-gooders :angry:

The 420 wasn’t at the top of the list when God was giving out lay-by’s I grant you that, but I’ve no doubt that even if there had been a lay-by every 200 yds you would have still held the wagon up because ZEBIDEE EVERYONE ELSE, I’m doing the speed limit AND I’M GOING TO ENFORCE IT UPON YOU TOO.

There are plenty of long straight stretches along there too where you could have flicked your left indicator and eased off slightly so that s/he could have overtaken. Everyone’s happy then. S/he’s off hassling your rear bumper getting you wound up and they can continue driving at whatever speed they like.

It’s not your job to enforce the speed limit and the highway code clearly states you should allow faster vehicles to pass, IRRESPECTIVE OF THE CIRCUMSTANCES

I was waiting for your god given reply rob… oh dear… i hope you never get behind me on the 420 cause i will certainly slow down to 20mph and sit in the middle of the [zb] road.

If you’d done that to me I would have come past you and put you in the ditch :angry:. If you want to think you’re above the law and enforce the law by using the size of your vehicle to obstruct others from making progress then you are the one that shouldn’t be on the road and I’d ■■■■ well make sure of it for you :exclamation:

Infact i bet the [zb] that was putting people’s lifes in danger by driving carelessly is very much of the same attitude to you.

I don’t use the size of my vehicle to deliberately obstruct other road users from doing what they want to do, so it is you who is driving carelessly and inconsiderately.

But hey it’s your opinion i except it… doesn’t mean i agree with it though.

I have just as much right as the next person to be driving down an a road and if i choose to obey the speed limit then [zb] that’s what i am going to do. If he wanted to be a prat and overtake then he had enough room, obviously had some sense knocking around in his tiny brain to realise that that would be pushing the boundaries of dangerous.

Perhaps he did have enough room to overtake but maybe he thought as soon as he started to overtake you would put your foot to the floor to ensure he stayed behind you, or you moved over to block him like just about every other 40mpher does.

Like someone has said on the forum, it’s bloody hard getting your license but so so easy to have it taken away. I will never put myself in a situation where i am in a position to lose it.

If the above is your attitude to driving then you shouldn’t have become a wagon driver if you can’t take the rough with the smooth. You want it your way every time.

Bear if he had wanted to overtake me, then being a professional driver who should be able to see the consequences should be able to do it on his own without the help of a flash of an inidicator. I don’t expect people to tell me when it’s safe to overtake, i could be just the same as him and tell him to go when somethings raging towards him.

So when you’re sat behind something slow moving and big enough to block your forward view you wouldn’t want them to signal to you that it’s safe to overtake :question:. Get real.

As for contacting the royal mail, what’s the point?

margatemafia:
all i care bout at the end of the day is getting home SAFELY to see my kids and wife mate.

noting wrong with that
stick to your guns and drive as a professional,leave the cowboy driving to somebody else
jon

rob k wrote

If you’d done that to me I would have come past you and put you in the ditch

jesus christ rob…THATS A BIT STRONG MATE :cry:

jon boy 100 wrote

noting wrong with that
stick to your guns and drive as a professional,leave the cowboy driving to somebody else

too right jon, i will no problem with that mate. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If you’d done that to me I would have come past you and put you in the ditch . If you want to think you’re above the law and enforce the law by using the size of your vehicle to obstruct others from making progress then you are the one that shouldn’t be on the road and I’d ■■■■ well make sure of it for you

rob, i don’t believe that you just said that.i know we have had words in the past,but surely a driver of your experiance and professionalism would stump this low and even contemplate saying this to another professional driver or even do this to another driver. :question:

i know your better than that rob,even if we don’t know each other personnelly :wink:

kitkat:
If you’d done that to me I would have come past you and put you in the ditch . If you want to think you’re above the law and enforce the law by using the size of your vehicle to obstruct others from making progress then you are the one that shouldn’t be on the road and I’d ■■■■ well make sure of it for you

rob, i don’t believe that you just said that.i know we have had words in the past,but surely a driver of your experiance and professionalism would stump this low and even contemplate saying this to another professional driver or even do this to another driver. :question:

i know your better than that rob,even if we don’t know each other personnelly :wink:

If wagon drivers wanna [zb] about like that on the roads then that’s the best place for them.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

ROB K wrote

If wagon drivers wanna [zb] about like that on the roads then that’s the best place for them

That is a shocking attitude rob, i know your outspoken but even that for you was OTT :open_mouth:

Rob K:
If wagon drivers wanna [zb] about like that on the roads then that’s the best place for them.

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

this thread is getting to close to being binned be very careful

pam

Site Admin

Why? i cant see a reason please explain?.

KW:
I don’t think it’s just Royal Mail that chase about like the end of the world is coming.
I find most of the big parcels carriers are as bad as one another,speed limiter?
what’s one of them then??
I had on of Target’s come past me this week on the M1 and I thought I was going backwards! :open_mouth:
The guys on nights seem to be worse.

Yes, like the BUSINESS POST Scania that had the cheek to come past a Northern Irish wagon on the M6 :open_mouth:

Rob & Bear, As far as im concerend it aint a question of folk forcing the speed limit on others, for ■■■■■ sake its been FORCED ON ALL OF US, by the bloody govt!! So, whats the point in trying to ■■■■ another drivers day up just because YOU want to drive fast, if you cant see how hypocritical you sound?? its amazing! Others should do this, others should do that, no lads, YOU shouldnt tailgate others, its bollox and you know it! But i’ll say this, nowt changes on the road, its been dog eat dog for over 24 years ive been on it, so I shouldnt really be shocked, drivers dont give a ■■■■ about each other when the chips are down, thats a fact.

Mal:
Rob & Bear, As far as im concerend it aint a question of folk forcing the speed limit on others, for [zb] sake its been FORCED ON ALL OF US, by the bloody govt!! So, whats the point in trying to [zb] another drivers day up just because YOU want to drive fast, if you cant see how hypocritical you sound?? its amazing! Others should do this, others should do that, no lads, YOU shouldnt tailgate others, its [zb] and you know it! But i’ll say this, nowt changes on the road, its been dog eat dog for over 24 years ive been on it, so I shouldnt really be shocked, drivers dont give a [zb] about each other when the chips are down, thats a fact.

sounds about right to me n all mal…
to many people interested in every one else in my bok… just get on with ur own job, why all this ooooh grass him up to the old bill mlarky for my liking… ring his boss,ban him , shouldnt be on the road ■■■■…do gooders eh… ive ■■■■ em

By the way, the 420 has barely any straights and is a horrible road.
There are signs as you come down the 34 saying for swindon use the 34 then M4, something which i always do, only takes an extra 10 minutes and its alot less hassle.
I travel at 40 on single carriage ways, and if im holding a wagon up, i stop as soon as i can.

And for the record…

Edited for personal attack and language. Please abide by the rules you agreed to when you joined this site. Coffeeholic

LOL well maybe I would put it another way but I agree with you Gurner!!!

Yesterday I was travelling from Leicester to Norwich down the 47. Straight away I was behind a truck I knew for sure would be doing 40. Nothing wrong in that you may say but when it’s all the way to Peterboro and then he toes it on the dual carriageway is just plain inconsiderate if you ask me.

It didn’t faze me at all but I did feel all the other drivers gestures on the way past (the ones that did manage to get past) were justified.

On the way back I pulled into a lay by four times to allow other vehicles past. Now why couldn’t the other truck have done likewise? Yes, you’re sticking to the limit obeying the law but are you being professional? Not IMO you’re not… you’re just being a (zb)

I’m not saying don’t do 40… that’s the law of course, but do look in your mirrors now and again and have a bit of consideration.

If another truck wants to pass me I’ll always try to help out. It may take a while but we’ll get there eventually. I’ve never had anybody blazing their lights at me… although I’ve only been driving 15mths.

Heading back home before Tugby there’s a couple of steep hills and I was being caught by a 50’er(?) as I was just cruising after a hard day. I was fully laden and by the look of it he was too as he made no attempt to pass on the first but as I was loitering anyway I knew he’d be gettin’ impatient on the other side of the hills so on the second I gave a quick tappety tap and he was away.

You might think he appreciated that but on seeing the radar van in Tugby I’m not so sure :blush:

edited for language mrs mix

Mal:
So, whats the point in trying to [zb] another drivers day up just because YOU want to drive fast, if you cant see how hypocritical you sound?? its amazing! Others should do this, others should do that…

No Mal, it works both ways. Why should we be forced to do whatever speed the wagon in front wants to do. Like you say, it’s a free country so be fair and let us pass. The atittude is unmistakably, “this is the speed WE are going to do. I don’t care if you know where the speed cameras are and where the pigs hide, you’re NOT getting past me”. Don’t say that isn’t the attitude because it wasn’t so long ago that Allikat even admitted to deliberately driving slowly just to hack off other drivers :exclamation:. Now here’s another one saying she would also deliberately slow down even more and block the road so you couldn’t pass at all just because you’ve given your intentions to want to get past :exclamation:. Unless Tiggz deliberately stopped the Mail wagon from passing (very likely judging by her later post) then there was no need for the Mail wagon to flash and toot and I doubt that the driver would have done so unless Tiggz had done someone stupid like eased off to 20mph or blocked the road.

I’ll bet you any money you like that when Tiggz got to the dual-carriageway bits she floored it to the limiter rather than sticking to 50mph and this is most likely what the Mail wagon was hacked off about.

There are two sides to every story and I believe Tiggz is only telling the bits that make her look like the angel. I would like to hear the Mail drivers side too.

Messing about like that on the roads at that time of night is asking for trouble. She’s lucky the Mail driver didn’t bring her to a halt and drag her out of the cab.

When you decide to be a trucker for a living you have to take the rough with the smooth. Wagon drivers in this country choose to drive on the limiter on roads that can safely take it (for example the A420). This is the norm in this country; if the GATSO sees you before you see it then you pay the price and get on with it but if you choose to go against the flow and stick to the ridiculous speed limits then you have to be prepared for other drivers to give you zebidee about it. The best thing you can do is get out of their way and let them get on with it :exclamation:. It’s that simple :exclamation:

If you choose to ignore that advice and carry on as you are doing then expect a very stressful time on the roads and watch your opinion of every other driver on the roads rapidly change to “they’re ALL zebidee’s”.

Gurner:
There are signs as you come down the 34 saying for swindon use the 34 then M4, something which i always do, only takes an extra 10 minutes and its alot less hassle.

That depends on which part of Swindon you want to be in, for me its about 1 mile from the A420/A419junction so it makes sense to go the 420.