rant.........................

Ok, i was tootling down the 420 last night at about 1am. New firm and all that, they have a tracking device so they know where i am etc etc. So anywayz it’s a single carriageway and it’s 40 mph. I’m happy pootling along and concentrating on me driving. Another artic pulls up behind me, flashing his headlights causing a [zb] at the fact that i value my license and i’m doing 40 mph.

““now i know some people are going to slate me for this and others will most probably say i was in the wrong”” accepted.

Ok, yeah i could have speeded up but on the 420 with the camera’s you could only get away with a few extra mph so it wasn’t worth it to me.

Anyway gets to the roundabout and the little [zb] goes round me horns blaring fist going all lights flashing and dancing! Royal mail need to employ safe drivers not ■■■■■ that use size to intimidate and [zb] people off.

If i was to get stopped and he was behind me, and i said the the rozzers here mate he was right up my arse giving it large and making me speed, it would still be me that gets the fine and points not him. I will not take any risks with my licence.

rant over… criticise all ya like.

tiggz

Stick to your limit and [zb] him then when he passes flip him the bird :sunglasses:

simon

Rant fully justified Tiggz…

I was travelling home the week b4 last, up the M11 between j7 and j8 at a very steady 70mph (in my car!) and low and behold, a big red ‘Royal Mail Parcel Force’ artic came thundering past me…!!

I would understand if it was a long downhill stretch, but no, it was as flat as flat could be and he was still pulling away into the distance as I eased up to 75mph…

Brainless or what?

Terry

Tiggz i always obey the limits and like you when i drive i am paid by the hour, but whether thats the case or not i still stick to the limits as that little squashed up and dogeared bit of pink paper ( my licence) belongs to me and i think it would be pretty hard to replace it if i lost it.

However no doubt you will come under criticism from some members on this site who seem think they are above the law and can drive at whatever speed they want as it is apparently their porogative!!!..

Like you say the 420 is laden with cameras so theres no point in taking the risks, its kinda funny but when i go home frome Grantham to Newark there is a temporary speed limit of 50 mph between the A1/A52 and the A1/B1174 ( Gonerby ) but nearly every morning when i go home i either see a truck or a car being flashed by the camera, i personally think this is pure stupidity on their behalf, as the camera is visible for at least 1/2 a mile but yet they still get done !!!.

Dont “flip him the bird” Tiggz blow him a kiss:):), then just sit back and enjoy the drive.

send the royal mail an e-mail,but knowing them they would loose it in the post :laughing: :laughing:

Nothing wrong in what you did, Tiggs… only complaint i have about drivers that want to obey the limit is they don’t always allow people that are being norty the chance to overtake

fair play to ya tiggz…you stick to your guns :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: of all the drivers i have come across royal mail are the worst by a long shot :exclamation: :exclamation: no regard for anyones saftey even their own which i find incredible :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

thats what “job and knock” does to some people
its the same round here royal mail hard charging everywhere
i would have slowed down and watched him going purple with rage :laughing:
then let him past and blown a kiss at him :wink:
jon

Ive been saying this a good while, lorry drivers are even worse than car drivers when it comes to this point, they are a selfish ■■■■ pain in the arse, arrogant bullying ■■■■■■■■■■ I swear to god im gionna knock one of the ■■■■■■■ out one of these days. there, ive had a rant an all.

Mal:
Ive been saying this a good while, lorry drivers are even worse than car drivers when it comes to this point, they are a selfish [zb] pain in the arse, arrogant bullying [zb], I swear to god im gionna knock one of the [zb] out one of these days. there, ive had a rant an all.

cant argue with that ,mal
jon

They are too many truckers in a rush!

calm down dears its not a commercial!

Well what a bunch of do-gooders :angry:

The 420 wasn’t at the top of the list when God was giving out lay-by’s I grant you that, but I’ve no doubt that even if there had been a lay-by every 200 yds you would have still held the wagon up because [ZB] EVERYONE ELSE, I’m doing the speed limit AND I’M GOING TO ENFORCE IT UPON YOU TOO.

There are plenty of long straight stretches along there too where you could have flicked your left indicator and eased off slightly so that s/he could have overtaken. Everyone’s happy then. S/he’s off hassling your rear bumper getting you wound up and they can continue driving at whatever speed they like.

It’s not your job to enforce the speed limit and the highway code clearly states you should allow faster vehicles to pass, IRRESPECTIVE OF THE CIRCUMSTANCES.

language edit - too obvious Rob!!.. D

I don’t know how you can complain with limiters set at 56mph :question:
Yesterday AM I was southbound on I-95 near the I-90 junction, I was in the second form right lane due to the line which normaly forms to leave there, this is a 4 lane section with a 55mph limit and a truck ban on the 2 left lanes, I was doing 65mph, so 10 over the limit which is acceptable on most interstates, a Canadian came down in one of the left lanes doing about 80mph, then pulled right across my lane, the far right lane and onto the I-90 ramp without slowing or signalling, he caused major problems for a lot of guys and attracted a lot of abuse on the CB but ignored everyone, he could have caused a major pile up.
I have never seen anyone driving so wrecklessly in the UK, but I see this sort of thing 2 or 3 times a day here :exclamation:

sorry rob i gotta disagree with ya there…and expect to get plenty back from you too being a new driver an all. but the drivers on royal mail are dangerous ■■■■■■ dimwits that risk not only their lives but everyone else who is in their vicinity at the time.

why should people who stick to the speed limits slow down and let these dangerous ■■■■■ pass, if the speed limit is 40 then you drive at 40. there is no excuse to speed. holding idiots up that speed could save lives.

speed limits are there for a reason, and when your driving a 38 ton truck fully loaded or running back empty your a ■■■■■■ idiot if you don’t stick to the speed limit. when these people end up losing their licence and they got to go and stack shelves in tescos and want everyone to feel sorry for them my attitude would ■■■■ em. they know the law so stick to it. i fully support tiggz as i think she was 100% in the right…good on ya TIGGZ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

now rob this is the first time i have had a disagreement with you, so please go easy on me, i do have my tin hat on ready :grimacing:

if the royal mail are so much in a rush y don’t they meet there targets which they set :question:

margatemafia:
sorry rob i gotta disagree with ya there…and expect to get plenty back from you too being a new driver an all. but the drivers on royal mail are dangerous [zb] dimwits that risk not only their lives but everyone else who is in their vicinity at the time.

why should people who stick to the speed limits slow down and let these dangerous [zb] pass, if the speed limit is 40 then you drive at 40. there is no excuse to speed. holding idiots up that speed could save lives.

CHEP, IT’S NOT YOUR JOB TO ENFORCE THE SPEED LIMIT :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:. If you fail to see why they’re better in front of you than behind you then get a few more years wagon driving under your belt and you’ll soon agree.

speed limits are there for a reason, and when your driving a 38 ton truck fully loaded or running back empty your a [zb] idiot if you don’t stick to the speed limit. when these people end up losing their licence and they got to go and stack shelves in tescos and want everyone to feel sorry for them my attitude would [zb] em. they know the law so stick to it. i fully support tiggz as i think she was 100% in the right…good on ya TIGGZ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

now rob this is the first time i have had a disagreement with you, so please go easy on me, i do have my tin hat on ready :grimacing:

How much did ‘they’ offer you to jump on the do-good bang-wagon :question:

I’m with Rob on this… it is NOT our job to enforce the speed limit!!!
ain’t we got enough to contend with without being traffic cops ■■?

Rob K:
Well what a bunch of do-gooders :angry:

The 420 wasn’t at the top of the list when God was giving out lay-by’s I grant you that, but I’ve no doubt that even if there had been a lay-by every 200 yds you would have still held the wagon up because [ZB] EVERYONE ELSE, I’m doing the speed limit AND I’M GOING TO ENFORCE IT UPON YOU TOO.

There are plenty of long straight stretches along there too where you could have flicked your left indicator and eased off slightly so that s/he could have overtaken. Everyone’s happy then. S/he’s off hassling your rear bumper getting you wound up and they can continue driving at whatever speed they like.

It’s not your job to enforce the speed limit and the highway code clearly states you should allow faster vehicles to pass, IRRESPECTIVE OF THE CIRCUMSTANCES.

language edit - too obvious Rob!!.. D

I was waiting for your god given reply rob… oh dear… i hope you never get behind me on the 420 cause i will certainly slow down to 20mph and sit in the middle of the ■■■■■■■ road. Infact i bet the ■■■■ that was putting people’s lifes in danger by driving carelessly is very much of the same attitude to you. But hey it’s your opinion i except it… doesn’t mean i agree with it though.

I have just as much right as the next person to be driving down an a road and if i choose to obey the speed limit then ■■■■ that’s what i am going to do. If he wanted to be a prat and overtake then he had enough room, obviously had some sense knocking around in his tiny brain to realise that that would be pushing the boundaries of dangerous.

Like someone has said on the forum, it’s bloody hard getting your license but so so easy to have it taken away. I will never put myself in a situation where i am in a position to lose it.

Bear if he had wanted to overtake me, then being a professional driver who should be able to see the consequences should be able to do it on his own without the help of a flash of an inidicator. I don’t expect people to tell me when it’s safe to overtake, i could be just the same as him and tell him to go when somethings raging towards him.

As for contacting the royal mail, what’s the point?

I don’t think it’s just Royal Mail that chase about like the end of the world is coming.
I find most of the big parcels carriers are as bad as one another,speed limiter?
what’s one of them then??
I had on of Target’s come past me this week on the M1 and I thought I was going backwards! :open_mouth:
The guys on nights seem to be worse.

i aint on the do good wagon at all matey :exclamation: i don’t mind you having a pop but don’t patronise me either :wink: :laughing:

as lgv drivers and i am sure tc will back me up on this nearly being an examiner, we are supposed to be proffesional drivers and set an example. if you wanna run around and race about, buy an f1 car. your not enforcing the speed limit, you as the driver are just following the rules of the road.

and as you so rightly put it rob, i aint been a driver that long…but i have been stuck behind some irrating drivers that are not even going the speed limit let alone breaking it, but it is safer to stay behind them till they turn off and that is exactly what i have done…so if you wanna call me ■■■■ for sticking to the speed limits then fine, all i care bout at the end of the day is getting home SAFELY to see my kids and wife mate.

if thats wrong in your opinion then so be it mate, no worries here :laughing: :laughing: