Random thoughts

Not quite as random as Toby at the weekend, but even so:

Why do a lot of drivers park in the coach bays overnight, even when the hgv bit has spaces? Is it just to save a walk to the facilities? Do the parking bods give a toss, or don’t they care as long as you’ve paid?

Secondly, have just had a couple of days in the North-east and Scotland, and without fail, everybody I’ve met has been friendly, polite, and has cracked on with the tipping / loading without any issues. 3 of the places I’ve been to haven’t had any hi-viz requirement. Is it the further you get from London the happier people get?

And finally, the services up here seem much, much better than back home, unless I’ve just been lucky with the ones I’ve stopped at?

Gary

scaniason:
Is it the further you get from London the happier people get?

Yes. :smiley:

If that’s the case then people up here must be ecstatic.

No wonder everyone in my area is so ■■■■ depressed. :laughing:

scaniason:
Not quite as random as Toby at the weekend, but even so: Why do a lot of drivers park in the coach bays overnight, even when the hgv bit has spaces? Is it just to save a walk to the facilities? Do the parking bods give a toss, or don’t they care as long as you’ve paid? Secondly, have just had a couple of days in the North-east and Scotland, and without fail, everybody I’ve met has been friendly, polite, and has cracked on with the tipping / loading without any issues. 3 of the places I’ve been to haven’t had any hi-viz requirement. Is it the further you get from London the happier people get? And finally, the services up here seem much, much better than back home, unless I’ve just been lucky with the ones I’ve stopped at? Gary

they’re not DRIVERS :bulb: who park, well abandon in the coach park :question: because they can’t park when it’s a bit tight! WAYNE KERRS! :open_mouth: it’s like the long load bay, they’ll abandon it there too! :unamused: cockneys are miserable as sin! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

At Southwaite services last night, there were 3 or 4 in the coach bays, and only about 4 in the HGV bit. It was easier to drive into the HGV bit than reverse into the coach bit, so couldn’t see why they would?

The further north you get the more the locals realise you are the life line not like snotty darn sarf where a truck is just ‘in the way’.
Even sometimes to other truckers, much more relaxed way of life up here too.

@scaniason

Hey Gary, could it be that at the time these drivers parked up there were no HGV bays available, or is it always the case that they park in the Coach bays?

I don’t know, I got there at about 8pm, and had loads of space to choose from, most of the ones in the coach bays came in after me, when there was still loads of space. Doesn’t bother me either way, I was just curious why?

Well if they came in after you, then they must be inconsiderate barstewards and should be re-educated or taught to read.

Solly:
Well if they came in after you, then they must be inconsiderate barstewards and should be re-educated or taught to read.

Well if theres ever trucks parked in the coach bays I mysteriously develop an airleak and the engine stays on for 45 mins and accidently hit the horn when.reversing out of the bay…
Same as car drivers wonder why they get blocked in in a coach bay - pure laziness…:unamused:

scaniason:
Not quite as random as Toby at the weekend, but even so:

Why do a lot of drivers park in the coach bays overnight, even when the hgv bit has spaces? Is it just to save a walk to the facilities? Do the parking bods give a toss, or don’t they care as long as you’ve paid?

Its because when they arrived the HGV bays were full so they parked in the coach bays. It may come as a surprise to you but wagons are arriving and leaving all through the night and just because there are free bays when you arrive doesn’t mean there were any when they did.

Is it the further you get from London the happier people get?

Yes. Fresh air and not being overcrowded will do that for you.

DAF95XF:

Solly:

Well if theres ever trucks parked in the bus bays I mysteriously develop an airleak and the engine stays on for 45 mins and accidentally hit the horn when.reversing out of the bay…
Same as car drivers wonder why they get blocked in in a coach bay - pure laziness…:unamused:

And this is your place to ‘‘police’’ bus bays? Never mind the driver trying to get a nights sleep after a long days shift, ■■■■ him eh? As he has stolen your piece of tarmac - long as you’re ok! Notice how you don’t ‘‘accidentally’’ hit the horn whilst driving into the bay cause he would get out and crack your jaw!

Never mind lorries that park in coach bays because its not your responsibility it is the managements responsibility. And buses are allocated far too many bays in the first place!

I suspect they use the coach bays because they are nearer the door.

merc0447:

DAF95XF:

Solly:

Well if theres ever trucks parked in the bus bays I mysteriously develop an airleak and the engine stays on for 45 mins and accidentally hit the horn when.reversing out of the bay…

And this is your place to ‘‘police’’ bus bays? Never mind the driver trying to get a nights sleep after a long days shift, [zb] him eh? As he has stolen your piece of tarmac - long as you’re ok! Notice how you don’t ‘‘accidentally’’ hit the horn whilst driving into the bay cause he would get out and crack your jaw!

Never mind lorries that park in coach bays because its not your responsibility it is the managements responsibility. And buses are allocated far too many bays in the first place!

So we dont need stop either then?
And just because theres too many bays not being used when youre at the services then youve obviously been at the quiet times…
So next time then when the coach bays are full Ill park across the trucks parkex where coaches should be then just hope and pray that Im not taking my 45 hours off cause I aint moving it :wink:
Let the the truck driver crack me in the jaw, thats if he quick enough in the first place :wink:

Santa:
I suspect they use the coach bays because they are nearer the door.

Correct, same as the Highways lot park there :wink:

DAF95XF:
So we dont need stop either then?
And just because theres too many bays not being used when youre at the services then youve obviously been at the quiet times…
So next time then when the coach bays are full Ill park across the trucks parkex where coaches should be then just hope and pray that Im not taking my 45 hours off cause I aint moving it :wink:

How many buses stop in services for daily rest or weekender in the uk? You’re in and out in a hour 99.9% of the time. Park in the truck bays cause you know what most truck drivers arnt stuck up bus bastarts and wont slam the horn on.

People should just do their own thing, you’re a sad individual to try and get revenge on lorry drivers sleeping. Doesn’t matter if it is laziness it could just as easily be when they came in you couldn’t swing a cat in the truck park so had no alternative.

merc0447:

DAF95XF:
How many buses stop in services for daily rest or weekender in the uk? You’re in and out in a hour 99.9% of the time. Park in the truck bays cause you know what most truck drivers arnt stuck up bus bastarts and wont slam the horn on.

People should just do their own thing, you’re a sad individual to try and get revenge on lorry drivers sleeping. Doesn’t matter if it is laziness it could just as easily be when they came in you couldn’t swing a cat in the truck park so had no alternative.

Youll be surprised how many do take a daily rest at services - ive had my 48 off at Cheiveley before :wink:
Those that know me know that Im not stuck up at all!!!
Actually I dont get revenge on people at all, im actually not like that, if anything its car drivers who park in the bays that ■■■■■■ me off…

Some firms have a special agreement with the MSA, in case they are hauling vulnerable/valuble cargo so they can park in the coach bays.
I have noticed they are much friendlier and more helpful in Scotland, you are right about the health and safety, i was never asked to don a hi-viz or hard hat,like you said they craic on with the job, and get offers of a brew sometimes.
No evidence of anti truck Nimbies up there too, i parked for free in towns in LGV and coach areas.
Just look at those Nimbies spotting truck plates on the bridge at Bradford on Avon, Wiltshire, and how they like to brag to all the media and social networking sites how many they have fined and caught that week.

Don"t we get enough hatred from Joe Public without turning on each other?