Radio 4 tuesday

I heard that chap this morning on the radio I just couldn’t believe what he was admitting too. I think if I saw anybody driving & watching TV I would also phone the old Bill…Hands free of course. :wink:
I also heard a rumour today that they are thinking of dropping the age limit from 21 to 18yrs old for class one driving because of the driver shortage.

Arfa Job:
I also heard a rumour today that they are thinking of dropping the age limit from 21 to 18yrs old for class one driving because of the driver shortage.

What’s the point if you can’t get a driving job until 25 for insurance reasons.

Seems quite reasonable. Makes a point about it being mainly Eastern Bloc drivers running for dodgy firms.

Conor:
BBC NEWS | Wales | Concern over truckers' long hours

Seems quite reasonable. Makes a point about it being mainly Eastern Bloc drivers running for dodgy firms.

NO NEVER NO i dont believe it not those innocent nice poor people who have come from abroad to do our jobs for more hours and less money?.

Please dont say its the Polish drivers too as i will just not believe it after all the nice thinbgs i hear on here about them. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Arfa Job:

Not a rumour, it’s EU legislation due to take effect in September 2009.

mrpj:

Arfa Job:

Not a rumour, it’s EU legislation due to take effect in September 2009.

the 18yr old will need to pass the drivers CPC first

Robert Weismans over in Bristol have mostly Polish drivers working over there, one forgot to put the handbreak on & the truck rolled into a building! :open_mouth: Im not saying that its just Poles who are forgetful, but my mate (who isnt Polish) drives for them says that they are the ones who have the most accidents…most of them can hardly speak English! :open_mouth: If this is the case, then how the hell can they be adequately trained?!? :open_mouth:
T.■■

jammymutt:
NO NEVER NO i dont believe it not those innocent nice poor people who have come from abroad to do our jobs for more hours and less money?.

Please dont say its the Polish drivers too as i will just not believe it after all the nice thinbgs i hear on here about them. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Was that a hint of sarcasm i heard there jammy :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

simon

Davey Driver:
My answer to Mr Annonymous is simple, if your forced into working 20 hrs then your the idiot for doing so NO EXCUSES :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

agreed! i refused to go out 300KGs overweight last week so they have no chance of getting me working over my hours :imp:

SimonRS2K:
Was that a hint of sarcasm i heard there jammy :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

simon

Jammy Sarcastic :question: :question: :question: :question:

fancy even suggesting such a thing, :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Fella on the Radio One news today was saying he brushes his teeth driving along as he doesn’t have a chance otherwise in his 21 hour day.

What a load of bUllocks.

There was a big thing on Five this morning as well, other than the idiots (like the guy watching TV whilst driving) truckers seemed to come out quite well from the parts that I heard. Tesco’s got a slagging off for their RDC’s and criticism of foreign drivers for running bent… … …

Davey Driver:

SimonRS2K:

simon

Jammy Sarcastic :question: :question: :question: :question:

fancy even suggesting such a thing, :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yes apparently so if any of you seem to know when i am being sarcastic or funny about things could you please P.M. Brit Pete as he doesnt seem to know when it happens :slight_smile::).

well i did listen and the driver who did 20 plus hours brushed his teeth and watched telly while driving was the same man and he worked for keymark services of kent ,vosa got given a hard time aswell as agencies and large hauliers and supermarkets it actually wasnt the driver bashing i thought it would so i stand corrected

Fair comment Carl, I might have a listen now on the site.

I downloaded and listened this afternoon and thought it was a reasoned and well put together investigation. Not at all like the usual guff.

Shocking though :frowning:

Salut, David.

I,ve had a look and cant find it on the listen agaun site if anyone can post alink to it i would appreciate it.

jammymutt:
I,ve had a look and cant find it on the listen agaun site if anyone can post alink to it i would appreciate it.

Here: news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/file_on_4

Youre right David it is shocking and it aint new either, but the hours some of these geezers are putting in is atrocious! And the one agency driver that killed the cyclist will have to live with the price of greed, unless the ■■■■■■ just dont care anyway. I mean, it’s no problem to just tell the agency to get stuffed, therse people are doing it for cash nothing else.

The traffic copper was honest, they dont pull the big boys, and they should!

Davey Driver:
and it is common practice to drive down the M4 with a TV Mounted on his dash watching the latest films

That is just downright stupid, everyone knows the old films are better than the latest ones. :wink: