Radio 4 plays anyone?

I’ve been getting quite into these quite recently when in UK, not all are great, but been some crackers, the 14.15 to 1500 can often be an awkward timing for me but I have done a few drops with is blasting out as I load/unload as I didn’t want to miss the end- this was the GF Newman ‘The Corrupted’ series which I thought was ace.

I agree. Radio 4 has a few plays but if you can get the DAB radio, radio 4 extra has loads and will get you through the day.

I adore Radio 4 dramas, one of my biggest pleasures. Like said not all great but when they are they are wonderful. The have them on weekends too. One of my favourites recently was The Once And Future King. Radio 4 is a national treasure!

Play of the Week is available as a podcast to download.

Def a fan of most things radio 4 … Has to be Rumpole or the inspector stone series as a favourite though

dogthehunter:
Def a fan of most things radio 4 … Has to be Rumpole or the inspector stone series as a favourite though

+1

Heard one a few weeks ago called “tomb with a view” and one called “the bridge”
Superb,far better than listening to steve wright the sycophantic ■■■■■■

The BBC can still produce the odd gem instead of its usual banal crap.

Radio 4 is the only station I listen to now. Can be a touch repetitive through the early hours when it’s the World Service, but I like
the fact that you can usually get some sort of a signal throughout Europe.
The Archers is a National institution, but I also like the plays, Book at Bedtime, and the comedy shows, particularly Just a Minute.
I know the BBC keep talking about stopping the Long Wave service - that would be a tragedy! Would a DAB pick up the signal in Europe?

iguana:
I’ve been getting quite into these quite recently when in UK, not all are great, but been some crackers, the 14.15 to 1500 can often be an awkward timing for me but I have done a few drops with is blasting out as I load/unload as I didn’t want to miss the end- this was the GF Newman ‘The Corrupted’ series which I thought was ace.

+1 from me

No thanks not an old ■■■■ yet!!! :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Always worth a try, some good some bad
1100 to 1130 am usually comedy as well, there was a series with Bill Nighy in , he was an actor/investigater, also, dare I say it, there’s often a good series the last 15 mins of woman’s hour.
There, I’ve said it now !
Jim

The corupted was a good play. Desert island discs is one of my favourites too.

kr79:
Desert island discs is one of my favourites too.

Yes I like to listen to these on podcast, have played Brian moore’s one many times. John Humphreys is great to listen to on today.

Zetorpilot:
Play of the Week is available as a podcast to download.

They are also available on demand with the phone app, there are usually at least half a dozen to choose from. Personally, I love them. Also like some of the on comedies and spooky ghost stories. Don’t feel like an old ■■■■ though.

tango boy:
No thanks not an old ■■■■ yet!!! :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Your loss :stuck_out_tongue: give it time and your wonder why you didn’t convert sooner.
Makes a nice break from music all the time.

I always enjoy Radio 4 Farming Today, also The Archers & the afternoon Plays are a pleasure to listen to, it helps you escape from the world of driving and helps crunch those miles!

Anything has gotta be better than radio 2.

Radio 4 and 5 Live get me through the day.

puntabrava:

kr79:
Desert island discs is one of my favourites too.

Yes I like to listen to these on podcast, have played Brian moore’s one many times. John Humphreys is great to listen to on today.

That john humpries likes the sound of his own voice too much. He needs to listen a bit more and stop bloody talking over people!

one of my favorites,

Inspector McLevy.

Don’t want to hear about The Corrupted, i listened to the first series and have downloaded the second but not had time to listen to it yet!

Yup, had to pull over for ten minutes today or I would have got back to the yard too early and missed the ending.