Radio 2

Radio 4 can be brilliant at times. It does get a bit turgid at times, so I just pop on a CD or pull faces at passing motorists :laughing:

Get rid of fat feltz

Quinny:
I must be one of the few people who actually like Clare. She’s had a stonking year in her career, what with both Olympics, and her knowledge of horsey type stuff is second to none. She does come from a horsey background though.

Haven’t heard her on radio yet though, but she has got to be one of the best female presenters out there, dyke or not. She’s definitely the butch one though.

Ken.

Oh yeah, I bet she’s got all sorts of strap ons.

I listen to my iPod most of the day now, apart from the archers then the afternoon drama of R4!

Grimmy has to go! We need chris moyles back, nick grimshaw is draining. All he bangs on about is “1 direction” I can’t stand it.

Alex lister is a good presenter, fatty felts is annoying.

Radio 4 is alright for “the today show”

Cant stand Vanessa Feltz - patronising soppy cow - Depending on work hours - Its the dark lord then onto 5live until Ken starts on R2 then switch to R4 or 5live for rest of day.

att:
Radio 4 can be brilliant at times. It does get a bit turgid at times, so I just pop on a CD or pull faces at passing motorists :laughing:

Absolutely!
Its R2 in the very early hours then at 6:30 its R4 for me in the daytime except for a trip back to R2 for Ken Bruce, Jeremy Vines & Simon Mayo

dukeofdirt:
I listen to my iPod most of the day now, apart from the archers then the afternoon drama of R4!

I knew I wasnt the only fan of the afternoon drama !

triple-tango:

dukeofdirt:

and the comedy half hr from 11.30-12.00

triple-tango:

dukeofdirt:

Well that makes at least 2 of us! Some of them are brilliant but others are proper pants. But I still have to listen right until the end just to see what happens!

Quinny:
I must be one of the few people who actually like Clare. She’s had a stonking year in her career, what with both Olympics, and her knowledge of horsey type stuff is second to none. She does come from a horsey background though.

Haven’t heard her on radio yet though, but she has got to be one of the best female presenters out there, dyke or not. She’s definitely the butch one though.

Ken.

So what’s that got to do with playing music.

Does anyone know why Mike Harding (folky show on Weds nights ) has disappeared ? Sacked/dead or anything ?..not heard owt :question:

Baggie:
Does anyone know why Mike Harding (folky show on Weds nights ) has disappeared ? Sacked/dead or anything ?..not heard owt :question:

Not dead, or anything. Andy Kershaw is mighty upset about the present BBC Radio management.

Dave Pearce does a good late night old school dance show on Saturday night. Must be around midnight as I listen to it early evening Saturday. If your in your 30s or early 40s its a good way to relive your youth.

Can Clare Balding come over to Radio 1 breakfast? I might even tune back in then :laughing:

Dieseldog66:

Quinny:

Ken.

According to Wikipedia, Clair Balding “was a champion lady rider in 1990”. Sounds like she still is.

Dieseldog66:

Quinny:

Ken.

Minorities :wink:
Seems to be a pc thing imo (tin hat ready)
Regardless of ability get the dyke/sausage jokey /ethnics on.
Bit like MOTD.presented by that oirish gimp and dont even mention Steve ■■■■■■■ Claridge(did i mention i played for Pompey and Miwall)in the ole days . . zzzz

damoq:

tootman318:
Spot on mate, used to listen to radio 1 but that ■■■■ Grimmy has finally worn me down. Only listen to Scott Mills now and was on rad 2 the rest but its getting crapper by the day :imp: :imp:

I actually think Grimmy is ok. Better than I thought he would be. Agree about Scott Mills though. He’s the best on Radio 1 just now.

24 years at the tap end <3

A digital radio is a must - Radcliffe & Maconie on ‘6 records’, 1.00 - 4.00!

I thought the first afternoon drama of the new year was great, the spy one set in Egypt. And I’m an obsessive Archers fan, thank god Vikki’s baby is ok!

As for rest of time its 6 Music as I’m sure many of you know. It is absolutly the best radio station out there filled with passionate presenters who really know their music and want to share their knowlege with you. And we have Radcliffe and Maconie! I say we because it feels like part of being a little community!

As for people saying Nick Grimshae should go I hate to break it to you but unless you’re under 25 thats what they want you to think. They don’t want you. Of all the stations 1 has the most fixed demographic. That was part of the problem with Moyles being there for so long, he was attracting the wrong sort of listeners in the end.

If you like great music listen to 6, I probably hear more new music than the standard radio 1 listener but never know a single track in the top 10, well apart from this week and the return of our Lord Bowie of Mars. My Pure Highway DAB is one of the best things I ever bought for the lorry