Radio 2

I have radio 2 on from midnight till 4 am. Listen to Janice long, then the dark lord till 4. Then it’s turn over to radio 1 for dev.

SLOGAN :wink:

jormoja:
richard allison replaced steve wright yesterday,wish they’d give wrighty the middle of the night slot and kept allison for the afternoons.

Sod off, then we’d loose the Dark Lord! Lesters about the only person on any BBC radio worth listening too! Chris Evans has got a bit better too, especially since Radio1 dropped Moyles for that plank Grimshaw.

My usual night is from midnight to about 7, Janice > Alex > Dev @ 5, Chis Evans. Sometimes a CD is Janice has a guest on though.

alex lester is ok, then i try listen to dev aslong as i can but getting bored of him now, grimshaw and evans are a no no… found myself listening to radio4 :open_mouth: and simon bates on smooth radio… then its banging drum and bass tunes till jezza vine, i love how he pretends he doesnt know stuff hes told or what people text in!! come on jezza you do really! :unamused: then i might flick channels in the afternoon, if all else fails its back to some dj andy c, chase and status or a touch of pendulum :laughing:

I can’t understand why so many people like Richard Allinson - I think he’s the most irritating presenter I’ve ever heard. He can’t say anything without trying to make it funny - which he never is - and he sounds like he’s got a permanent sickly smirk on his face. IMHO he thinks he’s way better than he is.

Like Alex Lester and Ken Bruce

Did I mention my thoughts on Richard "aren’t I clever’ Allinson?

Bring back Jimmy Saville, they need to attract a younger audience.

Not much been said about Simon Mayo, I think he’s one of the best, gets good content and good ‘sidekicks’ in Matt and Rebecca. I liked him in his radio 1 mid morning days and was glad of his move from five live, and more so when he resurrected ‘confessions’. Simon and Jo Whiley should have longer slots.

Chris Evans is alright, I can understand how others find him a bit too much. Having Moira Stewart included is great. We can’t comment comment on his choice of music, because it isn’t his.

Regarding daytime music, they have a set playlist bbc.co.uk/radio2/music-events/playlist/ which gets mixed in with the random older stuff. I generally don’t like it and find the items in ‘A’ are played far too often. Even reading Robbie Williams makes me want to chop my ears off.

I liked Terry, but he’s getting on now and isn’t coming back, same goes for his regular stand in Johnny Walker.
Richard Madely on breakfast is great.
Hate the Steve Wright ‘play my own jingles’ show.
Claudia Winkleman in for Ken is cringeworthy.

Jeremy Vine does a good job, but the discussions are boring and predictable, with an aim to being be ‘unbiased’ as it’s the bbc.

Radio 2 used to be the ‘intelligent music channel’. It ceased to be when Chris Evans took over the breakfast slot, its just too raucous for that time of the day and I for one detest his egocentrical personality. I have no interest whatsoever in his Ferraris!

Like most people, I like Alex Lester. Unlike most, I like Vanessa Feltz. Ken Bruce is proper ‘old school’ Radio 2 and is one of the best things on. Jeremy Vine can be okay, depending on the subjects being discussed. Steve Wright plays terrible music in the main and is too chaotic for me. Simon Mayo is very good, as is Bob Harris.

Chris Evans usually, and Steve Wright often get turned off in favour of Radio 4.

Steve

repton:
Vanessa Feltz is terrible on the early morning slot, but having said that I think she does a decent job of sitting on for Jeremy Whine when he’s off.

Agree she was pretty good last week.

Forgot earlier to mention Janice Long, I used to do nights a few years ago and she used to get me through it its just a shame I don’t get to hear her anymore.

Let’s have full time DOCTOR MOSH.

You know it makes sense.

Ken.

Bring back Hells Bells :stuck_out_tongue:

Brilliant:Alex Lester,Simon Mayo,Johnny Walker

Good: Richard Allison,Chris Evans,Ken Bruce, Jeremy Vine,Jamie Cullum,Zoe Ball

Barely Ok: Steve Wright,Vanessa Feltz

Truely and completely intolerable,inducing wretching and heaving: Elaine Paige

On a slightly different note i used to love listening to Annie Nightengale 19.00 hrs Sunday night.

bald bloke:
On a slightly different note i used to love listening to Annie Nightengale 19.00 hrs Sunday night.

She is better when you are laid in bed listening :laughing: I don’t care how old she is, she still sounds filthy :wink:

Wheel Nut:

bald bloke:

She is better when you are laid in bed listening :laughing: I don’t care how old she is, she still sounds filthy :wink:

Mmmm say no more :wink: :sunglasses:

bald bloke:

Wheel Nut:

bald bloke:

Mmmm say no more :wink: :sunglasses:

I think Lynn Bowles has a ■■■■ voice,and from her pic she’s not bad looking.

SteveR:
Radio 2 used to be the ‘intelligent music channel’. It ceased to be when Chris Evans took over the breakfast slot, its just too raucous for that time of the day and I for one detest his egocentrical personality. I have no interest whatsoever in his Ferraris!

Like most people, I like Alex Lester. Unlike most, I like Vanessa Feltz. Ken Bruce is proper ‘old school’ Radio 2 and is one of the best things on. Jeremy Vine can be okay, depending on the subjects being discussed. Steve Wright plays terrible music in the main and is too chaotic for me. Simon Mayo is very good, as is Bob Harris.

Chris Evans usually, and Steve Wright often get turned off in favour of Radio 4.

Steve

exactly my thoughts. I tune into R4 when Evans & Wrighty are on. Ken Bruce & Simon Mayo are brilliant, I like Vine & Feltz too.
I’ll add that Chris Tarrant is a good stand-in .

Seems like radio 2 is just a retirement home/income for ex radio 1 now?Think it used to have more of a distinctive appeal?Dave Pearce ‘dance anthemns’ wtf on a Sat night■■?

Well, I hope the BBC read this thread and act on it!!
Im in complete agreement with the majority on here regarding Fatty Feltz (jeez) get her off. Also, Steve "Hi Steve, love the show" Wright, hes just ran out of ideas I`m afraid and his shows are so boring, and his so called interviews are just a crawleyarse sycophantic cringey embarrassment.

Maybe if Zoe Ball could get through a show without mentioning her dad it would be a step in the right direction. (It aint gonna happen tho`)…

The Dark lord and Richard Allinson, yes, get them on daytime radio.

Ken Bruce, very quick and funny with it. One of the GREAT ad-libbers. Oh and naughty at times!

I think there`s a definite consensus on here.