Radio 2

happysack:
Radio 4 is the way.

This guy gets it. I had enough of radio 2 in the car on the way to school. Boring tripe.

Though I do listen to Radio 1 too much nowadays. Quite funny at certain times.

Some radio 4 is great . comedy , science , today , pm with eddie mair ( he sooo cheeky ) and some documentry .

But its all mixed up with utter rubbish : archers , plays , womens hour , the new farming program , great british quiz ( way too hard ) etc .

Makes it hard to listen for very long .

Listening to the Radio 1 breakfast show this morning was funny. They were trying to hold it together after coming back from the Brits.

boredwivdrivin:
Im well chuffed that talk radio is coming back .

Must get tommy boyd and ian collins on tho .

Ian Collins and the creatures of the night.

the nodding donkey:

boredwivdrivin:

Yup : tommy , peter deeley , whaley , mike dickens then the creatures of night with me as guest star .

Yes , im Roger from Bristol .

Fabulous .

boredwivdrivin:
Some radio 4 is great . comedy , science , today , pm with eddie mair ( he sooo cheeky ) and some documentry .

But its all mixed up with utter rubbish : archers , plays , womens hour , the new farming program , great british quiz ( way too hard ) etc .

Some of the plays are excellent, and I always say I’ll go back and catch up on the episodes I’ve missed.

But some are godawful. Also women’s hour, ■■■■■■■■. The frigging archers… :imp:

Nope .

U wrong dude .

The plays are total seddon atkinson with DAF sprinkles .

htmldude:

boredwivdrivin:

Some of the plays are excellent, and I always say I’ll go back and catch up on the episodes I’ve missed.

But some are godawful. Also women’s hour, ■■■■■■■■. The frigging archers… :imp:

I mostly listen to radio 4 there is some rubbish (gardners Qs for instance) but mostly interesting, and I get into most of the plays! If not it’s Talksport, radio X if nr the smoke or Manchester, or radio 1. I hate adverts on commercial radio (incl talksport) and at 42 I still feel to young for Radio2!

Vanessa is as annoying as Jeremy Vine, the woman literally makes me want to vomit when she’s blathering on.

Simon Mayo, Ken Bruce and of course Alex Lester are the best ones on that channel.

trapfour:
Does Jeremy Vine do anybody elses head in or am i getting old.His moaning voice and inane tone makes me drive in silence.Never in my life have i heard anybody so condescending…
out of ten i would rate the radio 2 daytime people like this.
Vannessa,8
evans…6
Bruce…10
vine…0
wright…1
mayo…4
Sara cox…10 when shes a sub
zoe ball…9…when shes a sub

8 for Vanessa are you a post menopausal house wife. :wink:
I’d give her 3 as I do like to wake up to her dulcet tones, the perfect cure for morning wood.

Ken Bruce is probably my favourite, love it when a trucker has a go at popmaster and scores ■■■■ all.

I’ve often wondered what age one has to be to switch from radio 1 to radio 2. For me it was late 30’s. Still like to hear a new disco tune now and then to keep in touch with the kids.
[DJ Joke removed after legal advice]

I prefered the old early morning line up, Alex Lester- Sarah Kennedy- Terry Wogan.

Found myself tuning to Smooth FM more these days.

the nodding donkey:

boredwivdrivin:

Bam! You’re not human.!..(Not on drugs btw, only the Creature’s diehards will know what I’m on about)

Can’t stand Evans, I listen to Chris Moyles on Radio X instead.

What’s the score with Talk Radio, is it re.taking over Talksport, or a new station. Who is on the line up?

Get the “talk2me radio app” Gaunty at his best daily 10am til 12. Can listen again anytime by podcast.

dericboy1:
Get the “talk2me radio app” Gaunty at his best daily 10am til 12. Can listen again anytime by podcast.

Gaunt would be the one reason that would stop me getting it tbh.
He has himself down as some kind of ‘Shock jock’ I just think he is a conceited over opinionated arse. Not a patch on James Whale, or the late guvnor, Mike Dickin.

I actually quite like Jeremy Vine and Chris Evans, Simon Mayo has surprised me, wasn’t happy when he first got the job, but really like him now despite him supporting Spurs. Ken Bruce just makes everything seem effortless you can tell he’s been doing it for yrs, and is still excellent, Sara Cox is superb and should be given the next vacancy that comes up. Hopefully in the afternoon.
Steve Wright however, he was one of the reasons I never listened to Radio 1 back in the day. I can’t stand the way he talk over the end of so many songs. All the “Love the show” messages he reads out. He never reads out the “Stop ruining the songs” messages i send him. And as for “Serious Jocking” with the g. I quite like the music as a lot of it reminds me of my late teens and early twenties, but his inane drivel really winds me up. Also though probably not his fault. Why is his photo on the website about 25 years old.

the nodding donkey:

boredwivdrivin:

I remember Ian Collins on Invicta as “The Yob” when I was at school.

Dipper_Dave:

trapfour:
I’ve often wondered what age one has to be to switch from radio 1 to radio 2. For me it was late 30’s.

Sure I heard Ken Bruce on about this the other day and some study says its 33. I’d had enough of that drivel on Radio 1 when I was about 25! Cannot even bare a few seconds of it these days. Still get shudders at the thought of Chris Moyles. Oh, and am I the only one who likes the Jeremy Vine show? Must be. :laughing:

dani1972:
I actually quite like Jeremy Vine and Chris Evans, Simon Mayo has surprised me, wasn’t happy when he first got the job, but really like him now despite him supporting Spurs. Ken Bruce just makes everything seem effortless you can tell he’s been doing it for yrs, and is still excellent, Sara Cox is superb and should be given the next vacancy that comes up. Hopefully in the afternoon.
Steve Wright however, he was one of the reasons I never listened to Radio 1 back in the day. I can’t stand the way he talk over the end of so many songs. All the “Love the show” messages he reads out. He never reads out the “Stop ruining the songs” messages i send him. And as for “Serious Jocking” with the g. I quite like the music as a lot of it reminds me of my late teens and early twenties, but his inane drivel really winds me up. Also though probably not his fault. Why is his photo on the website about 25 years old.

If you text steve wright you must include a comment such as great show or love the show. He always reads them ones out. Daytime on radio 2 is pretty good. Ken bruce is a great listen, everything stops when popmaster comes on. unfortunately “the big show” lets radio 2 down in my opinion. Had enough of factoids and over enthusiastic clapping when a guest does an interview.

So “Stop talking over the end of songs you egotistical ■■■■■ wouldn’t work then.

I used to enjoy Jeremy Vine’s show, when he was balanced and conducted intelligent debates/interviews.

I don’t know what has happened in the last 4 years or so, maybe his illness or maybe just the way the BBC are going, but his show has become very much more sensationalism and Jeremy Kyle…