Radio 2 music

Is it just me oras anyone else noticed that a lot of the songs on radio 2 seem to be skipping as if the cd is scratched or mp3 file is corrupted. It’s been happening for the past week or so

I think you’ll find thats Evans and Wright - they can’t bear more than 37 seconds without hearing their own voice.

I no longer tolerate radio 2. However I’m thinking the problem you are describing is perhaps regional transmitters being a little out of sync with each other.

RDS radios are continually scanning the band for the clearest signal. This takes place even if your radio is in one place add well as when driving.

I am now hooked on radio 4, 5 live, or I use my unlimited data and use tune in app for BBC Manchester, LBC, or some other internet radio stations.

As a test, try turning the RDS function off and see if the problem persists.

Socketset:
I think you’ll find thats Evans and Wright - they can’t bear more than 37 seconds without hearing their own voice.

Exactly, some great classic numbers just ruined by their incessant jawing.
It should be a criminal offence to talk over tracks like Fleetwood’s Go Your Own Way, Skynryd’s Freebird,
and The Who’s Teenage Wasteland or Won’t Get Fooled Again.
At least Ken Bruce generally shuts the ■■■■ up when playing something decent.

This must have happened at exactly the same time I got my new motor, just thought it was my Actros, as I’d never noticed in my MAN.

I must admit I’m spending more and more time with my tunes on, Sundays there is not a ■■■■ show on worth listening to, with the exception of Johnnie Walker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I listened to radio 2 for years but when Sir Terry move on that was the end for me, the only show that’s worth the licence fee is Ken Bruce so I know listen to Absolute Radio they have adverts but anything is better than listening to Steve Wright.

Driving a merc sprinter the other day and the same was happening , looking at the display it kept changing between frequencies constantly making it sound like it was skipping :cry:

noticed it some time ago,radio2 need to sort their cd machines out

Given up on the BBC…Period.
The agenda coupled with deteriorating technical capability is dire, my life is too short to be plagued with amateurs and yoghurt weavers combined.

TV is rubbish anyways, so DVD`s and I listen to my tunes through CD or USB…The news is boring and one sided, papers are rubbish, not bought one for years…My bubble is nearly complete :smiley:

Thank ■■■■ for that. Thought it was just me! :blush:

My Premium does that.

It’s probably RDS but to be that bad you must be getting a weaker signal that you should be. Not many areas in the UK where that should happen, north of Perth, south of Hamilton to Carlisle, North Wales etc.

5 Live for me mostly though.

I’m a fan Alex Lester and Vanessa Feltz when she’s on. I’ll only listen to Feltz in the morning though, can’t stand the Vine Show format, it’s not debate it’s just s*** shirring.

Evans isn’t too bad but he’s certainly no Wogan. He does ruin his fair share of classics as stated above but at least some of his show is entertaining and his co-presenters are worth listening to.

Wright on the other hand needs a bullet, and so do Smith and Lee Grace. His jokes and his pathetic signature ‘crap singing along’ aren’t even funny. His co-presenters are as witless as he is and the guest interviews are a shambolic waste of money, basically massive adverts in exchange for the ability to host uninteresting ‘interviews’ regarding whatever’s popular right now. No doubt because his shows so crap. Serious Jockstrap!

Vine’s just a t***.

Don’t listen or watch the biased broadcasting corporation since their coverage of brexit. If I can’t get LBC, Heart or Kiss, on goes the iPod

The Steve Wright show is getting worse all the time, I emailed a complaint to the BBC about him ruining songs by singing or talking over them at the beginning and end of the song.
Their reply was that his style of his presentation is popular with the audience.
I also told them that the BBC are not allowed to advertise but their guests come on flogging a book, album,CD, tour,magazine,theatrical play or any other event.
They said the guests would not come if they couldn’t flog stuff.
Steve Wright fans that email, phone in or text him to say " Love the show ! ".

Classic FM for us or sometimes Smooth

Butcher:
As a test, try turning the RDS function off and see if the problem persists.

this ^^^

I thought Smooth had a similar ‘skipping’ problem when i first got my MAN (coincidence of getting the lorry didn’t ring any bells :blush: ), then finally realised the RDS was switching between 105.7 and 106.6 frequently along the M1/M6 midlands section, confirmed with RDS off.

Radio 2 has gone the same way as the rest of the state propaganda broadcaster for me, it no longer exists.

Bring back Atlantic 252.

vikingpete:
Bring back Atlantic 252.

. Now there was a good radio station just a shame it wasn’t on FM

Does anyone else agree that most commercial music stations are now just virtual jukeboxes. There is no originality anymore.
Gold used to be a decent listen, but it seems to play whiter shade of pale every couple of hours.

Smooth is listenable, but not all day.

The original ILR stations were a great listen back in the day, but they are now really one station with local opt outs for commercials and traffic. The others just became Heart. That’s not a good listen.

As others have said, once Wogan went, radio 2 went down hill. It started with Jimmy Young’s departure, then Johnnie Walker leaving drive time. Now, him and Sally Boatman were a great act together!! Used to have me laughing as much as Wogan and his Janet and John stories!!

DAB tuner from Halfords plus aeriel £60ish plays thru existing system. Planet Rock all day!