Radio 2 axes midnight to 3am shows

Stumbled across Ms Longs last half hour the other night, she blubbed announcing the last but one song. No loss to me as I couldn’t stand the sound of her bunged up nose, Scouse drivel. And Lester Mumbles like a ■■■■■■ up chimp. They won’t starve neither of them with their huge redundancy packages. Goodbye.

All of radio 2 output is dross to me. I just listen to radio 4 as some interesting bits on there. Even then I have to mental ear plug some of the “unbiased” BBC hobby horsing on some subjects. It’s funny when they do self study bits though like the other week “do you think the BBC has become too liberal poised in its output rather than objective”?

Er hello? Mcfly! :smiley:

Went to bed last night, and woke up just as the last “shoe” was starting, and listened to it right until the end. Now when I was on earlies around 2001, I found Alex to be very good, but I somehow thought he had lost his way a little last night. Don’t get me wrong, I still think he is a good presenter, but maybe it was because it was his last show, that he didn’t give two hoots.

I believe BBC Radio Kent have secured some of his services, and he has done a bit for BBC Radio Oxfordshire, but remember this to those who did/would/ listen to Radio 2. You pay your licence fee, and now all you are going to get is pre records. That tells me that the BBC reckon because you are not on days, your opinions won’t matter. Sad state of affairs.

Ken.

I’d like to see the dark lord do overnights on BBC London. There’s been nothing of interest since Big George topped himself

Hi waiting for johnny walker earlier and elaine paige was waffling on about her new hour long show on sunday 03.00 WHO THE F**K wants to listen to god awful show tunes at that time of the morning jesus H f in christ the bbc have really lost it getting rid of live overnight shows what a joke commercial radio / radio 4 for me

Quinny:
Went to bed last night, and woke up just as the last “shoe” was starting, and listened to it right until the end. Now when I was on earlies around 2001, I found Alex to be very good, but I somehow thought he had lost his way a little last night. Don’t get me wrong, I still think he is a good presenter, but maybe it was because it was his last show, that he didn’t give two hoots.

I believe BBC Radio Kent have secured some of his services, and he has done a bit for BBC Radio Oxfordshire, but remember this to those who did/would/ listen to Radio 2. You pay your licence fee, and now all you are going to get is pre records. That tells me that the BBC reckon because you are not on days, your opinions won’t matter. Sad state of affairs.

Ken.

Not any more. I’ve always been a big fan of the Beeb and believed it to be great value but I’m certainly not going to indulge their high-handedness by parting with my hard earned any more. If they have a change of mind then I might too.

Alex is going to be doing a show on bbc radio kent… so you can probably get it on iplayer or radioplayer app.

I only just discovered that Janice Long is Keith Chegwins sister.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex on radio kent at 5pm sunday for 4 hours…