Radio 2 axes midnight to 3am shows

If you want a petition, there’s one at Save Live Overnight Radio on Radio 2 | 38 Degrees

No idea whether it will work - best we can do is try

Signed! Let’s see what happens…

There’s something not quite right,when you have to suffer the barrel scrapings like,Evans,leery,feltz ad nauseum on a regular basis,I’m convinced it’s a psyop from on high to demoralise the listeners at large,Christ even Brian Mathews has Tim ■■■■ Rice smug,peurile composer of dreary tuneless pap,extraordinare.

It’s getting out of hand lately,they’ve got that weapons grade cretin Blackburn back I see.God help us.I’d be happy to just have Huey Morgan, 24/7,limited waffle,just solid class music of all genres by a top jock.

Adonis.:
Hurry up and axe Chris Evans, literally if possible. The definition of a complete pollution.

Steve Wright needs to shut up and [zb] off too, you aren’t funny, you can’t sing and as for that gargantuan helmet Tim, please have bleach for breakfast.

That’s better.

A.

Yep Evans needs to go,Feltz and oleery,serious wastes of space,oh nearly forgot j whiley,nice woman sure but a charisma free zone living in a jaded nineties boden catalogue ■■■■■■■■■

People listen to the radio?

Radar19:

What do you do? Talk to yourself :laughing:

At this rate it’s Trappist FM,radio Marcel Marceau from now on,it all reeks of common purpose,a bona fide ‘right think’ philosophy that seeks to exterminate the random and individual from the mainstream,wants a nick clegg type brainwashed populace of bland androids to prevail,wouldn’t be at all surprised if arch_drone James Purnell,a real dodgy ■■■■■■■■■■ behind this as I believe it now controls BBC radio.

merc0447:

Radar19:

Spotify, welcome to the 21st century Grandad! :grimacing:

manalishi:
At this rate it’s Trappist FM,radio Marcel Marceau from now on,it all reeks of common purpose,a bona fide ‘right think’ philosophy that seeks to exterminate the random and individual from the mainstream,wants a nick clegg type brainwashed populace of bland androids to prevail,wouldn’t be at all surprised if arch_drone James Purnell,a real dodgy [zb],is behind this as I believe it now controls BBC radio.

Wow… are you on drugs drive??

Rich The Stag:
Well that’s it. No more Alex and Janice from February on Radio 2. Well done BBC, you’ve just killed off of what was left of overnight listening.

For me , radio 2 has gone downhill since the Ginger one came on board. Lets not forget, the beeb forced Johnnie Walker out to make way for shouty shouty Evans. The guy is a pillock!

How on earth could he replace Wogan, the king of morning radio?

Ken Bruce and Steve Wright are broadcasting from memory and Vine is just nauseating.

Walker should be on mainstream daytime line up along with Bob Harris and Tony Blackburn.

Blackburn should be on mid afternoons followed by Walker, where he used to be.

Oh, and don’t start me off on Vannessa! ! Sickly!!

Walker and Sally Boazmans’ exchanges on air were legendary.

RIP Wogan and Jimmy Young!! Two legends who no one can hold a candle to.

That only leaves Len Goodman. He gets a ten!!!

manalishi:
There’s something not quite right,when you have to suffer the barrel scrapings like,Evans,leery,feltz ad nauseum on a regular basis,I’m convinced it’s a psyop from on high to demoralise the listeners at large,Christ even Brian Mathews has Tim [zb] Rice smug,peurile composer of dreary tuneless pap,extraordinare.

It’s getting out of hand lately,they’ve got that weapons grade cretin Blackburn back I see.God help us.I’d be happy to just have Huey Morgan, 24/7,limited waffle,just solid class music of all genres by a top jock.

Are you serious about Tony Blackburn??

Legendary… knowledgeable and up to speed and top of his game.

This man launched radio 1, 50 years ago…

What are you smoking■■?

Last night was a series of tripe repeats .
It is enough to force me onto local advertising stations :unamused:

Rich The Stag:
Well that’s it. No more Alex and Janice from February on Radio 2. Well done BBC, you’ve just killed off of what was left of overnight listening.

UK radio, amongst other area’s of our lives, is changing.

My suggestions are get yourselves a good mobile phone contract with unlimited or large amounts of data.

I really enjoy what BBC radio Manchester has to offer. I have it on all day streamed from my phone into the trucks sound system. I have 10 gigs available but only use about 5 gigs per month and I’m streaming most days.

Depending on your music tastes I can recommend fox oldies from the US.

Also there are plenty of adult Rock orientated stations online.

But if you need to use FM or dab try radio 4 , LBC, talkradio.

Radio 2 is no longer the truckers first choice for radio anymore. I used to live it, but again, the suits and accountants Got involved.

Radio 2 has gone from a really good station to a dumping ground for the washed up and unemployable.
It’s a modern blankety blank with those still on BBC contracts getting a wheel out for a few quid.

I can’t listen to Feltz, Rice, Wright and Cox to name but a few.
When did DJ’s need a theme tune it’s about 5 minutes in before they actually stop playing their own name and play a bloody record.

I try and scout about now to find the channels that just play records with no DJ’s to spoil them.
Overnight the lad on Classic FM does a good job and plays a trucker tune about 04:00

Butcher:

manalishi:
There’s something not quite right,when you have to suffer the barrel scrapings like,Evans,leery,feltz ad nauseum on a regular basis,I’m convinced it’s a psyop from on high to demoralise the listeners at large,Christ even Brian Mathews has Tim [zb] Rice smug,peurile composer of dreary tuneless pap,extraordinare.

Are you serious about Tony Blackburn??

Legendary… knowledgeable and up to speed and top of his game.

This man launched radio 1, 50 years ago…

What are you smoking■■?

Could be the tricyclics I’m taking I guess,but I won’t yield on Blackburn, a naff cultural bed_blocker,shallow,crass retread still dining out on his ‘swinging’ sixties notoriety IMHO .sure he’s an icon but one best left interred in his smashey and nicey sixties mausoleum to make way for genuine talent exemplified by Stuart Maconie for example

Radio 2 is now a middle class luvvie station with awful presenters that are out of touch with working class folk…feltz,micheal ball etc etc…
Ken Bruce is the only bloke on there now worth listening to and if the suits get there way I bet he will be replaced by some annoying sod.
I reckon all the axed radio 2 presenters should get there heads together and form there own station,I’m sure that could be a winner.
Richard allinson,Janice long,Alex Leicester etc all know how to broadcast

yorkshire terrier:
Radio 2 is now a middle class luvvie station with awful presenters that are out of touch with working class folk…feltz,micheal ball etc etc…
Ken Bruce is the only bloke on there now worth listening to and if the suits get there way I bet he will be replaced by some annoying sod.
I reckon all the axed radio 2 presenters should get there heads together and form there own station,I’m sure that could be a winner.
Richard allinson,Janice long,Alex Leicester etc all know how to broadcast

Invariably I suspect by that other symbol of cultural decay,Zoe ■■■■ Ball,there has to be fresh original talent in the UK,so why do we end up with crud like Ball,Cox and ye gods!!_Mark ■■■■ Goodier ffs.Can only be a matter of time before the carcass is sufficiently rotted before Bruno Brooke’s and Gary Davies join the sinking ship that radio Two is becoming.

Radar19:

merc0447:

Radar19:

Spotify, welcome to the 21st century Grandad! :grimacing:

Spotify ? what’s that a sat-nav voice of a teenager with zits ?

Suggestion…

Just play records back to back with announcement of artist and song title only. An eclectic mix of 60s 70s 80s 90s.

This what radio used to do before DJs and their ‘posses or sidekicks’ became the focus and the music (which is why we tune in in the first place) was put firmly on the back seat.

Radio Manchester Bbc is very good with late night phone with How Do Alan Beswick who speaks his mind to drunk callers .
I like radio Berkshire , lots ex Radio one dj,s on there along with Anne Diamond.