Radio 2 0500 to 0700am

Sir Terry has asked listeners to give Chris time, he said he had 27 years at the top and not everyone liked him. Chris Evans has only been there 6 weeks so needs time to fit in.

Tel also said he is struggling with his listening figures on Weekend Wogan.

Totally agree that Sarah “Oh God I’m absolutely destitute, I’ll have to see a play and holiday in Dubai with the cats” Kennedy should be axed.

You start early morning to Alex Lester then at 5 o’clock its Snoozetime with Sarah !!

Chris Evans is OK very lively keeps you alert he just needs a bit of time to settle down and get in his stride. 6 weeks is too soon to be making judgements.

Ken Bruce is OK on the Lynn Bowles show good bit of banter between those two.

Jezza Vine can be a tad annoying but at least it gets you shouting at the radio…Why does every member of the public that gets through always say…“as i told your researcher”…

Steve wright should be put out to pasture now hes been doing the same stuff for years…replace him with Mark Radcliffe teamed up with Emma Forbes or Lisa Tarbuck.

Simon Mayo not too bad possibly needs a bit more time like Chris Evans.

Evenings and weekends are completely a waste of time on Radio 2

Glad Johnathon Woss is going cant stand the bloke.

When I was stopping at our kid’s place a few weeks ago, I stumbled into the kitchen for my early morning cuppa to find my dear sister, a Radio 4 stalwart, listening to that dozy Kennedy cow.
It’s a girl thing, apparently… :confused: :confused:

Are you all talking about the Sarah Kennedy that was absolutely gorgeous on GAME FOR A LAUGH back in the early 1980s.

alamcculloch:
Are you all talking about the Sarah Kennedy that was absolutely gorgeous on GAME FOR A LAUGH back in the early 1980s.

Yep!

5-7 is good for her I leave the house at 7:05 !!! I did sort of get used to her but Chris Evans is a new light on R2 for me I like the guy BONG.

Alex lester the best!
Sarah Kennady is crap
Chris evans needs more time
Ken bruce is ok
Jeremy Vine I turn on Radio 7 (Got a DAB radio, claasic comedy hour is much better than listening the that sneering b*!)
steve Wright needs to ditch the old lady and jamie lee grace
Simon Mayo needs time too
Jonathan Ross is a deadloss
Richard allinson is fantastic
Dale winton on pick of the pops is a great replacement fior fluff
aled jones is tolerable
Terry Wogan was right to go when he did, he is beginning to show his age, he was the master, but needed to slow down a bit!

she really does my head in. Lester should’ve been moved to a slightly later slot, not bloody earlier! Not listened to Evans, I tend to switch over to Radio 1 for Moyles. I know he’s not everones cup of tea, but I enjoy the banter. can’t stand the music though :imp:
I don’t mind Bruce, and i’ve always like wrighty, but like a few others, I’d like to see Mark Radcliffe with a day time slot. Loved him on Radio 1 with ‘Lard’ :smiley:
As for Jeremy Vine, I much prefer his brother ‘Tim’ :sunglasses:

Oh well, Guess I’d be the only trucker who can’t abide Alex Lester then!

I think he has some great ideas and notions along with a rebellious cynical streak. I like all of those things But I just that I can’t do 3hrs of the guy constantly telling me over and over again what the programme is doing to-nite (like it was exciting or something). I get bored after about half an hour and then he tells us to write things on the back of trucks in a patronising (aren’t we special us night workers only knowing this) way.

Must be hard tho filling up 3hrs of the night with content for zombified night shifters

Thank God for podcasts!

Jim

i listen to radio 2 all day apart from 0500-0700 because i cant stand her :exclamation: so i listen to cheesy pop music on the local heart fm station still 7am :exclamation: :exclamation:

Past 3 weeks been listening to Talksport between 1am and 6, what a ■■■ Adrian Goldberg is :confused:

Wheel Nut:

alamcculloch:

Yep!

Harsh Malc,harsh! She used to be well fit with a lovely set of chesticles!
Oh yes…Sarah Kennedy sitting on that high stool at the beginning of Game For A Laugh. I would have quite happily crawled underneath and drunk the ■■■■ streaming from her quivering hairy ■■■■…

[/quote]
Harsh Malc,harsh! She used to be well fit with a lovely set of chesticles!
Oh yes…Sarah Kennedy sitting on that high stool at the beginning of Game For A Laugh. I would have quite happily crawled underneath and drunk the ■■■■ streaming from her quivering hairy ■■■■…
[/quote]
LMFAO! :laughing:

Could anyone be more down to earth than 44 tonne.

Blissy:
And dont even get me started on that Janice Long :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: maybe im just sexist and i dont realise it :open_mouth:

Bring back Dave Lee Travis I say. What about the Radio 2 newsreaders, does anyone have a favourite? mine is Fenella Fudge. Her maiden name was Hadingham and she has to be the best as she is a cousin of mine originating from near Halesworth in Suffolk. Regards to all, Haddy. Gt. Yarmouth.

Sarah kennedy always harping on about her beloved the guy shes shacked up with…
Kennedy towers where she lives
Her poxy african safaris paid for by the licence payers which should start another thread, who does the least work for the most money?
That old witch only does 1.5 hrs work a day

Steve Wright i love me who do you love
not forgetting sunday love songs, the guy only has 1 day off a week, cos he loves the sound of his own voice, not forgetting the money.
I think the ol woman is his mother…and is absolutely useless, cant even read script properly

Stewart and marconi
Got to be the most boring presenters ever

Johnny Walker should be on the breakfast show

jeremy Vine would be ok as a chat show/current affairs only

Janice Long
Shoot her

Chris evans
should be moved back to drive time

I listen to LBC when around the london area, and the rest of the time to R4

Say what you want about Chris Evans, but he is pulling in a million more listeners a week than Wogan did.

truckyboy:
Stewart and marconi
Got to be the most boring presenters ever

I think you mean Stewart Maconie and Mark Radcliffe.
I dont think they are that bad.

Ben9:
I think you mean Stewart Maconie and Mark Radcliffe.
I dont think they are that bad.

The absolute best programme on Radio 2.

Two Northern blokes purveying rock nerd banter with top tunes.

What’s not to like? :wink:

I wish Radcliffe and Maconi were on 5 days a week. Finaly some presenters who talk like there north of Watford Gap with Northern Humour. Chris Evans is OK but everyone is comparing him to Terry Wogan who you wont get better than, (cant stand the Hello/Goodbye c**p though). Simon Mayo is a real suprise I’m realy impressed by how well his show is. Can’t stand “love the Show!” Steve Wright though, he talks over songs (he talked over Dire Straights Sultans of Swing ■■■■ him!), wastes time when the traffic report should be on or forgets, (a right pain if your waiting in traffic) and has that useless Tim Smith and everyone is their “freind” including Hollywood stars?!? And Sarah Kennedy who is off sick AGAIN! I bet if I had that many days off sick I’d be sacked. Anyway I’ve had my rant