Radio 2 0500 to 0700am

killsville:
Say what you want about Chris Evans, but he is pulling in a million more listeners a week than Wogan did.

Not quite true to the thread title, but one of my favourite TV programmes is Saturday Kitchen. Todays programme has Chris Evans cooking with James Martin which are both amazing cooks.

The reason why Chris Evans earns his money is that he is so quick witted, whether it is rehearsed or not, he really does hit the spot!

I love cooking. I love Chris Evans, but not in a “knocking up a souffle type of way.”

Chris Evans must be doing something right the way he gets Moira Stewart laughing :wink: .

Vanessa Feltz. Whose ■■■■■■■ idea was that?

That stupid cow Sarah Kennedy does my head in with her early morning show , all she ever goes on and on and on about is her poxy cats , her ailments and as for her stupid accent impressions :blush: …she talks over nearly every ■■■■■■■ record she plays and what the ■■■■ is all that SWs about …I think I only listen to her now coz it gives me a chance to moan and shout at the radio :angry: :angry: maybe its just me being a grumpy old ■■■■ and everyone else likes her but I personally wish she would ■■■■ off and take Hector the cat sound effect with her :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

you aint alone mate i cant stand her and evans and vine and wright and mayo as matter of fact radio 2 has lost the plot i think

kennedy needs the boot along with Steve wright, Evans is ok on breakfast bruce and vine are ok but wright is a idiot with all his “love the showw” comments. There are some really good part time presenters on R2 like richard allinson, zoe ball and evan alled jones that should be given full time slots please get rid of kennedy and wright!

Blissy:
That stupid cow Sarah Kennedy does my head in with her early morning show , all she ever goes on and on and on about is her poxy cats , her ailments and as for her stupid accent impressions :blush: …she talks over nearly every [zb] record she plays and what the [zb] is all that SWs about …I think I only listen to her now coz it gives me a chance to moan and shout at the radio :angry: :angry: maybe its just me being a grumpy old [zb] and everyone else likes her but I personally wish she would [zb] off and take Hector the cat sound effect with her :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Your spot on i cant listen to that show what a load of ■■■. I would like the bbc to axe sarah kennedy , Ken Bruce and the whole of the Vine show i want more music and lots more traffic up dates and i would like to run over hector the cat in my truck :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Alex Lester is the only R2 show i listen to, absolutely mad as a badger. Brilliant. :smiley:

The SW’s are the stupid cows way of taking the ■■■■ out of Love the show Steve Wright.

I agree with most, get rid of her and most of the other tossers. Chris Evans will survive, he just needs a little time. Ken Bruce is a good presenter and knows a lot about music. Jeremy vine should be moved to Alex Lesters slot and the lunchtime show should either be serious politics or serious music, not the crap he gets wound up about.

My favourite Radio 2 presenters.

Chris Evans
Ken Bruce
Paul Jones
Johny Walker
Bob Harris
Marc Lamarr
Trevor Nelson
and Richard Allinson can sit in for them all

And dont even get me started on that Janice Long :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: maybe im just sexist and i dont realise it :open_mouth:

Bring back the Mad Irish Man!!!

blissey i agree GET RID OF SARAH KENNEDY she is crap give zoe ball her show

kennedy and mayo would be my ones to go shes hopeless when she is actually there and he was crap 20 years ago and doesnt seem to have improved wish wogan was still on i think chris evans is too lively for the morning show he would be better in the dinner slot!!

Thanks to the old drunken ■■■■■ I’ve become a political bore as I just zip over to wireless 4 & listen to that load of manure instead :confused:

Wrighty is ■■■■■■

Tried the new drivetime southern plank but he makes me feel travel sick.

& what the [zb] Desmond Carrington all about?

Alex Lester, Bob Harris & Dicky Allinson should have loads more air time & whats with Whining Vine he’s never in the idle scrote :laughing:

I’m tired now

All things have to change so it seems. but the recent change on R2 has made me turn it off altogether. I cannot stand Chris Evans, his so called zany brand of contrite ‘humour’ is not my cup of tea at all.

Steve wright is old hat, the show is the same as it was when it used to be on R1. Ken Bruce’s show is the same one every day, except for the travel and news. Jeremy Vine is a complete idiot, his ability to make a three act play out of a drama is unreal.

I got into listening to Arrow rock Radio from Holland on the medium wave until they switched to FM and the signal went. Bring back the pirate radio stations in the North Sea, that was the last time I heard decent radio programming :neutral_face:

She does my head in too, the only time I’m unluck enough to catch her show is if I’m still indoors after 6.45am and the Mrs alarm radio switchs on, it soon goes straight back off again pretty sharpish :stuck_out_tongue:
Evans and Bruce are the only decent DJs left doing week daytime, Zoe Ball 12-2pm please :grimacing: Radcliffe is a wasted talent on so late, he should be doing 2-5pm :slight_smile:

Okay so I’m the odd one out here i don’t mind her first thing. it’s quiet and gentle and that suits me first thing. Don’t like the cats or the show tunes, used to like the newspaper reviews but she doesn’t do them anymore.
I prefer listening to a female voice more than a male voice so that might have a lot to do with it.
What gets me with R2 is all the fuss and the money they pay Wogan and Evans and Richard Allison can do the show as well if not better than the pair of them and i bet they don’t pay him any where as much.

And thats why I listen to Radio 1… Use must all be golden oldies… :smiley:

Steve Wright is not out dated i for one love to hear his wit on radio2, Evans for me i hated at radio1 so no change there,Janice is cool,and well king Alex Lester need i say more. But why Richard Allinson is not on drive-time ill never no this guy is cool, bring back Wogan sack the fool Evans.And get rid of whingy Sarah Kennedy for my favourite Lynn Parsons…Long Live Wrighty :smiley:

get rid of kennedy, and wright. put evans back on drive time and mayo on 5 live. they’ve totally messed my day up. and give alex lester a longer show. love the shoe