R swain

Can any one tell me what are r swains like to work for and whats the money like thanks dan

went for an interview for the artics didnt take the job due to to money basic was something like 60 something a day then its all on millage bonus and you get so much if your held up on a job darke money ect ect ect the guy claimed they where earning between 400 and 500 a week but working it all out that seemed unlikly they do nights out which are paid at 22 pound but they dont pay any parking unless its high value load as i say i didnt think the wages where good but they seemed like a nice bunch hope that helps

cheers bjd do they have decent lorrys there

bjd:
went for an interview for the artics didnt take the job due to to money basic was something like 60 something a day then its all on millage bonus and you get so much if your held up on a job darke money ect ect ect the guy claimed they where earning between 400 and 500 a week but working it all out that seemed unlikly they do nights out which are paid at 22 pound but they dont pay any parking unless its high value load as i say i didnt think the wages where good but they seemed like a nice bunch hope that helps

looked like the average was 52 to 55 reg daffs but he said and i quote you start off in an older lorry and go from there think they have a cpl of x reg daffs but they look clean and looked after as i say he wasent the firm just the cash that put me off they have recently taken over a cpl of other companys so they seem busy

i used to like working for swains its an interesting job not the best paid job but no two days are the same you would be unlucky to get worse than a cf daf and they are clean tidy and well maintained if your after something different dont be to quick to knock them

tomsd1989:

bjd:

I did Aberdeen for them in a Daf CF with no cruise control, so simple answer is NO, they don’t have decent wagons.

I was on agency, but the work was easy but varied, they do a lot of flat work, a little curtain work and a little port work.

No idea on wages though as I was on agency.

I did Aberdeen for them in a Daf CF with no cruise control, so simple answer is NO, they don’t have decent wagons.

I was on agency, but the work was easy but varied, they do a lot of flat work, a little curtain work and a little port work.

No cruise control OMG what ever next , don’t tell me manual window winder , can it get any worse :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

CRISPY:

No cruise control OMG what ever next , don’t tell me manual window winder , can it get any worse :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
[/quote]
I know a bloke who defected a rental truck last week, the drivers window would`nt come down ■■?, that was a manual winder :open_mouth:

TBF, you do miss cruise control, when you ain`t got one :blush:

I’m 54 years old, been in the job man and boy, as they say.

Still run a large ish fleet and think every day that ‘fings aint wot they used t’be’
as they song goes.

Now I really have had enough - when drivers condemn a job because the truck
hasn’t got a cruise control.

Mate - have you just passed your test ? Well you sure sound like it!

I sure hope you never come to me for a job - and before you ask my motors
do have cruise.

God, what is it coming to?

K

eddiehague.fh.:

knowall:

Still run a large ish fleet and think every day that ‘fings aint wot they used t’be’
as they song goes.

do have cruise.

K

its pricks like this why theres so many poles taking all the jobs can’t wait for the day when all the old f###### retire

No cruise control isn’t a big deal, going back to roping and sheeting flats is hard work , unless you want the experience !

personally i dont mind how old a truck is as long as its road worthy and up to the job dont need all the bells and whistles never had an issue roping and sheeting just need a leval of income that pays the bills and leaves a bit over

eddiehague.fh.:

knowall:

as they song goes.

do have cruise.

K

its pricks like this why theres so many poles taking all the jobs can’t wait for the day when all the old f###### retire

eddiehague.fh.:

Nice post Eddie :unamused:
It’s a shame your edit didn’t work :laughing:

If you don’t mind tipper work give gh bromely in ashford a bell they took me on with no tipper experiance. I come off there last month very easy to work for max 5 loads in mid Kent. I only left coz they could only garuntee a three day week. Pm me for more details

sorry Ian I don’t know old you are or what pile of ■■■ foden or erf you used to drive but this is 2010 and if im driving up and down the country 9 or 10 hours a day I will regard my cruise control as a must in my pile of crap old fh. just as some of you will regard your i drive auto boxes are in your modern pile of crap fh’s. surely its not unreasonable to expect the night heater and cruise control to work in a truck.

knowall:

as they song goes.

do have cruise.

K

I had just passed my test at the time yes.

Aberdeen is quite a long run from Manchester without the cruise to be honest.

The truck had an electric passenger window and passenger mirror, manual on drivers side.

At no point did I condemn the job because of it, I just stated the facts of the job for the person who asked the question.

Now go and change your nappy gramps, you seem to have made a mess… :imp:

waynedl:

tomsd1989:

bjd:

As you can now see (if you’ve put your specs on and the cataracts don’t star too much), it’s a simple answer to the questions he asked.

joedwyer1:
sorry Ian I don’t know old you are or what pile of ■■■ foden or erf you used to drive but this is 2010 and if im driving up and down the country 9 or 10 hours a day I will regard my cruise control as a must in my pile of crap old fh. just as some of you will regard your i drive auto boxes are in your modern pile of crap fh’s. surely its not unreasonable to expect the night heater and cruise control to work in a truck.

I’ve had cruise control fitted to every single vehicle I’ve ever driven. It’s a size 10 and can be found on the end of my right leg.

I wasn’t knocking having a cruise control or not. If you look at the bits I quoted it was highlighting a classic case of opening your gob and then regretting what you have said or not having the balls to stand by it. It’s very big calling someone a p— and an old f----- and then coming back to delete your post.

What has my age got to do with anything?

i’d like to publicly apologize to knowall for what i said , i’d had a skin full of ale, worst of all i’ve got a full time job. :blush:

eddiehague.fh.:
i’d like to publicly apologize to knowall for what i said , i’d had a skin full of ale, worst of all i’ve got a full time job. :blush:

fair play eddie, dont see members apologizeing on here much. :wink:

waynedl:

waynedl:

tomsd1989:

bjd:

As you can now see (if you’ve put your specs on and the cataracts don’t star too much), it’s a simple answer to the questions he asked.

thats why your on an agency cos no one will give you a job you pompus ■■■■■■■■■ cos a truck doesnt have cruise control its not a decent wagon :unamused: all you new drivers are molly coddled today and couldnt handle a decent days work,i drive all over europe with NO cruise control,i find it keeps my mind on the job instead of sitting back and losing concentration the jobs going to the dogs with (and i say this loosely)drivers like you :unamused: