R swain

If no cruise control makes the job that bad, perhaps it’s time for a change of career? :unamused: Some ‘drivers’ would do well to read Ashley’s Astrans book, take it all on board and then read it again… :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

It would also help if you listened to some of the older chaps because we are all still learning… no-one knows it all yet. There is a huge wealth of knowledge and experience on this forum, to those who offer it freely I salute you.

To those others, might I suggest you pick all your teddies back up and put them back in your pram? There will come a day when you REALLY are in the ■■■ and have a VALID reason to chuck them all out again :smiley: :smiley:

eddiehague.fh.:
i’d like to publicly apologize to knowall for what i said , i’d had a skin full of ale, worst of all i’ve got a full time job. :blush:

We’ve all done it. Top marks though for, as I put it, having the balls to say sorry to knowall. And I suppose there was no need for my post :wink:

eddiehague.fh.:
i’d like to publicly apologize to knowall for what i said , i’d had a skin full of ale, worst of all i’ve got a full time job. :blush:

same here Ian. of course your age has nothing to do with it

jessicas dad:

eddiehague.fh.:

fair play eddie, dont see members apologizeing on here much. :wink:

I`d just like to apologise for being a truck drver - sorry again !!!
:laughing: :laughing:

waynedl:
Aberdeen is quite a long run from Manchester without the cruise to be honest.

No it’s not.

maverick72:

waynedl:

waynedl:

tomsd1989:
cheers bjd do they have decent lorrys there

bjd:
went for an interview for the artics didnt take the job due to to money basic was something like 60 something a day then its all on millage bonus and you get so much if your held up on a job darke money ect ect ect the guy claimed they where earning between 400 and 500 a week but working it all out that seemed unlikly they do nights out which are paid at 22 pound but they dont pay any parking unless its high value load as i say i didnt think the wages where good but they seemed like a nice bunch hope that helps

I did Aberdeen for them in a Daf CF with no cruise control, so simple answer is NO, they don’t have decent wagons.

I was on agency, but the work was easy but varied, they do a lot of flat work, a little curtain work and a little port work.

No idea on wages though as I was on agency.

As you can now see (if you’ve put your specs on and the cataracts don’t star too much), it’s a simple answer to the questions he asked.

thats why your on an agency cos no one will give you a job you pompus [zb],just cos a truck doesnt have cruise control its not a decent wagon :unamused: all you new drivers are molly coddled today and couldnt handle a decent days work,i drive all over europe with NO cruise control,i find it keeps my mind on the job instead of sitting back and losing concentration the jobs going to the dogs with (and i say this loosely)drivers like you :unamused:

Once again, you fail to read. I WAS on agency at the time, not am on agency. MUPPET!

they now how Volvo s was next to one of there fh s at the dartford crossing this morning sure I’ve seen a swain topline to I had interview with but got something else they don’t pay that good if I remember rightly

Coffeeholic:

waynedl:

No it’s not.

Oh it is, I was watching a programme about a well-known British haulier the other day and journeys of 100 and 130 miles threw the narrator into a frenzy of astonishment, Manchester to Aberdeen must be over twice as far. :wink:

Chewyboy:
they now how Volvo s was next to one of there fh s at the dartford crossing this morning sure I’ve seen a swain topline to I had interview with but got something else they don’t pay that good if I remember rightly

Even on artic work, they still use a few of the old X reg Daf CF’s. Why not though if they work and pass mot’s etc.

Harry Monk:

Coffeeholic:

waynedl:

No it’s not.

Oh it is, I was watching a programme about a well-known British haulier the other day and journeys of 100 and 130 miles threw the narrator into a frenzy of astonishment, Manchester to Aberdeen must be over twice as far. :wink:

Suggested route
M6
350 mi 6hrs 26 mins.

Yeah, give or take :laughing:

knowall:
I’m 54 years old, been in the job man and boy, as they say.

Still run a large ish fleet and think every day that ‘fings aint wot they used t’be’
as they song goes.

Now I really have had enough - when drivers condemn a job because the truck
hasn’t got a cruise control.

Mate - have you just passed your test ? Well you sure sound like it!

I sure hope you never come to me for a job - and before you ask my motors
do have cruise.

God, what is it coming to?

K

We had cruise control back in the 70s on AEC and Leyland ergonomics, night trunking from Colney Heath to Fenwick. It was a lump of 2x4 jammed under the dash and against the throttle pedal!

Tone

waynedl:

maverick72:

waynedl:

waynedl:

tomsd1989:
cheers bjd do they have decent lorrys there

bjd:
went for an interview for the artics didnt take the job due to to money basic was something like 60 something a day then its all on millage bonus and you get so much if your held up on a job darke money ect ect ect the guy claimed they where earning between 400 and 500 a week but working it all out that seemed unlikly they do nights out which are paid at 22 pound but they dont pay any parking unless its high value load as i say i didnt think the wages where good but they seemed like a nice bunch hope that helps

I did Aberdeen for them in a Daf CF with no cruise control, so simple answer is NO, they don’t have decent wagons.

I was on agency, but the work was easy but varied, they do a lot of flat work, a little curtain work and a little port work.

No idea on wages though as I was on agency.

As you can now see (if you’ve put your specs on and the cataracts don’t star too much), it’s a simple answer to the questions he asked.

thats why your on an agency cos no one will give you a job you pompus [zb],just cos a truck doesnt have cruise control its not a decent wagon :unamused: all you new drivers are molly coddled today and couldnt handle a decent days work,i drive all over europe with NO cruise control,i find it keeps my mind on the job instead of sitting back and losing concentration the jobs going to the dogs with (and i say this loosely)drivers like you :unamused:

Once again, you fail to read. I WAS on agency at the time, not am on agency. MUPPET!

mmmm large vocabulary aswell,as a job,but have you got cruise control for that big trip upto scotland from manchester MUPPET :unamused:

Allways amazes me how a simple question gets blown out of all proportion

bjd:
Allways amazes me how a simple question gets blown out of all proportion

lol makes for fun reading tho :smiley: