R.I.P SAVIEM

Terrible news, never met the man but feels wrong that he won’t be on here again.

I didn’t always agree with his views on some subjects, but can’t deny his knowledge of lorries and companies were second to none,

Just one question, what was his families firm that he used to steer the old foden for called ?

We should raise a bollinger to him this evening.

Not much to add to the above but truly shocked at this loss to our forum. R.I.P John.

RIP John and condolences to your family. Friends, we should all raise a glass…

Very sad news. John had a passion for life and work. Last weekend he was working on the farm flat out as always.
His knowledge and personality will be missed here for sure.
Condolence’s to his family. RIP John.

I never met John, but I conversed with him through this forum many times. I’ve read most of the celebrated old vehicle writers and, to me, our mate’s knowledge was the equal of any of them. Thanks for sharing it with us, Monsieur Saviem.

This news was a shock …I felt I knew the man just by joining in the thread…he will be greatly missed …au revoir mon ami my condolences to his family …RIP

Very sad news to here the passing of “saviem” a man i never met but wish i had…rip my friend the world is a poorer place without your wit an knowldge…jamie

R.I.P. John, I am sure that you will not only be missed by all your family and friends but by hundreds of people who you never met because of your admired contributions, comments and thoughts that you wrote on Trucknet.
Condolences go out to all your family at this very sad time.

Steve.

Like others I am having difficulty coming to terms with this devastating news and whilst he has mentioned his health problems occasionally in his posts he never hinted at anything too serious. Here was a man who had a treasure trove of knowledge and he was more than happy to share that knowledge with us, gently chiding those of us who got it wrong. What a man, what a contributor to this forum, John is irreplaceable.

I can count myself lucky to have met John in person on a few occasions when on the rally circuit, and I have had the occasional telephone conversation with him. In person he was helpful, polite, courteous, encouraging and friendly. Never critical of others.

My most sincere condolences to John and his family. He will be sadly and greatly missed.

Pete, when the funeral arrangements are known, can you let me know please.

“In the midst of life, we are in death” RIP John

Graham Edge

Very Sad.RIP John.

R.I.P. John. His amazing knowledge of our industry was second to none,one only had to mention something and he would write a truly informative piece be it about a company,person,or vehicle.

He will be missed by all his many friends not only here in the U.K. but all over the World.

My condolences to his wife and daughter.

Richard

Hi all,
I was deeply saddened to read about john’s passing.i like many more shall miss his contributions to the South Wales and many other threads.my condolences to the family.
Regards andrew.

Sad news indeed, R.I.P. Saviem, deepest condolences to John’s wife and family. You will be sadly missed by all on TNUK. We raise a glass of Bollinger to you Sir.
Regards Cliff.

Very sad news.
I enjoyed very much reading his posts, his vast knowledge of our industrie, his witty style of answering questions…
“Monsieur” Saviem
I never met this man, but I wish I had.
My condolences to the family.
Regards
johan

Very sad news indeed,I along with everyone else on trucknet will I am sure miss reading his post R.I.P John you will be sadly missed.Condolences to all his Family & Friends

Very sad news indeed. A light has gone out. We have lost one of the last of life’s few remaining True Gentlemen.

There are so many questions we shall now never have answered. I never met John, but felt I knew him just a tiny bit through his writings.

My heartfelt condolences to the family whose loss is so much greater.

Sleep well Saviem,

Roy.

Lord above. What a shattering piece of news.

We have lost our best contributor and, I feel, a friend although I never had the pleasure of meeting the gentleman in person.

Condolences to John’s friends and family.

David

Wow. What a fantastic tribute to dear John are all the entries on this thread today.

He was indeed such a fount of knowledge which he shared so selflessly and with such wit and wisdom. His passing is a huge shock to all of us on Trucknet I’m sure.

I met him at Gaydon last year and would describe him as one of nature’s gentlemen. He was the true professional, unassuming and courteous but with a lifetime’s experience of our industry from so many different viewpoints.

We all feel that we have lost a dear friend and that is a fantastic legacy for someone whose personality shone through his posts. Such a pity that he did not write a book. I do hope that his jottings can be amalgamated into something more tangible.

May I add my condolences to his wife and daughter and I hope that someone closer to them than me can relay the contents of this thread to them so they can see the high regard in which this lovely man was held by his peers.

As somebody who doesn’t post to much on this site I always made a point of reading some of the very interesting comments on different subjects and always always would read Saviem’s - a man who’s knowledge was second to none and as many members have stated I felt as if I knew the man personally and the news of his passing is like losing a friend. He will be sadly missed for the informative posts and the site will be all the poorer at his loss. Can I just add my condolences to all his family and friends and may he R.I.P.

I always enjoyed all his posts which were very knowledgeable & very interesting.
I know they are only toy models but I expect he sold the real thing
RIP Saviem

regards
Jeremy