R.I.P SAVIEM

RIP drives.

A sad day indeed…
My condolences to his family and friends…

Patrick

Well I am in shock at the news of John Goodried aka Saviem’s passing, what has already been said of this man on TNUK is a token of respect of the vast knowledge always readily shared with us all but with added humour, his memory was fantastic especially when jogged by fellow posters and I am sure he enjoyed every minuet of reliving those memories.
Never did meet him in person but like many on here I suspect you felt like you had known him all your life, a very sad day and great loss to his family so my condolences to them may he RIP and I am sure there is a top job above waiting for this real top man just hope they got the Bollinger chilling in the fridge. JD.

Never commented on one of these before. I really enjoyed reading his posts
Sincere condolences
Regards
Andy.

R.I.P. John

A true gentleman and his thorough knowledge as well as his sound sense of humor will be
remembered and were a milestone in various threads. His expertise on the transpotation-
industry was superb and always nicely described. We’ll miss a contributor/poster like him.

Our condolences to his wife Norah, his daughter Anne Marie, beloved family and friends

Luc & Marianne

Very sad news, RIP, Saviem Im sure you will be missed by everyone on TNUK, Along with your family & friends,Regards Larry.

Very sad ,3 times I should of met up with John and I couldn’t make it , Rip .

Very sad to hear. I never met SAVIEM personally, but feel I knew a little of his character from his posts. Knowledgeable, interesting, enthusiastic, without being at all overbearing or over the top. If he was half as nice in reality, as on line, then a real gentleman. Condolences to his family.

In the short time I have been contributing to TNUK I have been amazed at the knowledge Saviem had of the haulage industry. I found his posts both inspirational and helpful. It is truly sad we shall no longer be able to read new posts from him but I look forward to reading all his old ones.
R.I.P SAVIEM.

I learned more from John’s posts than I ever did in my 66 yrs on this earth. And I loved every word. RIP - You made us wiser and better men. Jim.

Such sad news - R.I.P Saviem . My Condolences to his family and friends.

I’m having trouble coming to terms with this shattering news. We’ve all got to pass sometime but John was one of those chaps who ought to have been here forever. He was a real pleasure to know, with that grin and his laid-back attitude.A first class chap in every way- his memory and knowledge were almost beyond belief at times. Someone only had to mention a haulier or manufacturer and John could share chapter and verse about the subject. And all with a gentle sense of humour.
I shall miss reading his wonderful posts and I’ll certainly miss the banter concerning agricultural and horticultural subjects.
RIP, Saviem. Heartfelt condolences to the family.
Casey

Farewell Saviem .

As shocked as others to read your time with us is now over .

Thank you for your postings , your time taken to write them , your wealth ofknowledge & experiences , which were relayed to us in a way which only you could , your very own inimitable way of conveyancing every detail to the reader .

As with others , I only knew you through your posts on TN , but always looked forward to you next instalment .

Your passing will leave a void in very many ways , & your knowledge & stories will be missed here on TN .

Your posts on here certainly brightened up many a day , & we are all the poorer for your passing .

RIP John , & condolences to all your family.

Farewell Saviem

As with everyone saddened to hear of his passing. His posts were the most insightful and enjoyable to read on TNUK the depth and knowledge of the industry amazed me, and TNUK will be a lesser place without his posts.
My condolences to his family and friends.

Hiya,
Rip John “Saviem” I didn’t contribute very much to your pages but I was an avid reader.
And there will be no more from the great man who’s knowledge was unbelievable and
held me enthralled with all his posts, RIP John and condolences to your family.
thanks harry, long retired.

Such sad news the good ones going Dave the renegade ,Saviem good contributors to trucknetuk ,they will both be having good chats up in the highway in the sky RIP both :frowning: :frowning:

RIp Saviem , a very informative gentleman ,condolences to your family . Dennis

RIP Saviem. So sad to learn of his passing away. His encyclopaedic knowledge of the industry was truly amazing and will be sorely missed as will his humour.
Johnny Sutherland

Sent from my Hol-U19 using Tapatalk

Stop all the clocks…

Among all the banter and some petty arguments, Saviem’s wise comments, explanations and histories have been a joy to read.

Impossible to replace. We’ll miss you.

RIP.

John.

can I just put my little bit in,

I never met or spoke to John, but am truly saddened by the news in this post - it is a great loss of knowledge and humour and I personally think the world is a bit poorer now,

slightly drunk, a bit saddened and that’s all I can say

Dean