R/bouts on training and test

i,ve just started my training, with a brilliant instructer and he,s a lot cheaper than
the rest, terry sargent & sons mobile 07789556216 sunderland, he has a couple of stops for cuppa & a ■■■. i,ve mastered the slapover gearbox straightaway
he says my drivings excellent, but r/bouts need to work at. he said straight on first round/bout right second round/bout so i used left lane 1st then i had to split the narrow lanes for 2nd, then right next round/bout so i got in right lane as only one for turning right but as i was going round he said you need to cut across into left
lane for your exit rather than wait. when traffics really busy like it was i found it awkward to get across and some round/bouts awkward as he says (( if you go straight on always use left lane unless road says otherwise, if i say right at next
round/bout use right lane and get across to left just before exit. this is my 3rd day
doing great just some of round/bouts awkward, and remembering to use no car lanes round gosforth byker wallsend . im pleased i picked it up on my first day done very well, done 2 reversing perfect, useing the peg i thought that was easy
he,s got me for 7 days as dole paying, so another 4 days, i reckon i should pass test first time but but you can only get one major fault and fail. today for example
(((i was at the bluehouse round/bout, very very busy round/bout, i was waiting with parking brake on in 3rd gear saw 2 cars coming straight over the roundbout so i knew the cars on the right could,nt come out so i went for it, i got
about 12 feet across and someone blasted their horn, he said i would have failed for that, which i said thats a bit harsh as the car just put her foot down quick she got behind me no bother, so not sure bout that.
now i feel like waiting a lot longer than taking a chance of a fail, but then probally fail you for sitting too long. what should i do wait i think.

Work out where everyone is ‘likely’ to be going and how it will affect everyone else - NOT EASY - you will then be able to make the correct decision.

[quote="gothika"now i feel like waiting a lot longer than taking a chance of a fail, but then probally fail you for sitting too long. what should i do wait i think.[/quote]

Mt 2nd test I was not in the right frame of mind and went into it with zero confidence, I failed as I expected,
I left it a few months, changed job, got my confidence back, paid for a refresher and test and wallop I am now driving the things I passed my test for last month :sunglasses:

You can go for it and be 50 50, or wait, learn to drive out there on your own, know what you can and cant do and get your self confidence up, after my experiance I will advise the latter.

Hi Gothika i know the routes you are on about as i just passed C+E today with the 8 15 test and had the blue house roundabout and yes it is a VERY busy roundabout :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: .
If it makes u feel any better i struggled with roundabouts too (dont know why)■■
but it just seems to click after a while, anyway good luck m8 you will do it :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

thanx lads, i had a great day today not 1 fault been over loads of r/bouts today
walker, gosforth, wallsend, kingston park, byker, sunderland, benwell, ect
i listened to terry instructor but used my inicative more just got to time it right, one r/bout i thought i,ve got it clear i put foot down fast straight from 3rd 4th to 5th and a car come flying round but because i did,nt slow that car down it was alright. i have 2 days left next week, i must say this instructor is brill, i have been driving one on one approx 3 to 4 hrs a day next week 2 on 1 for 2 days then he,s going to let me drive to test centre gosforth for test, he says my drivings excellent should pass no bother but im 100% confident i,ll pass first time but anything could happen as unforseen as you only get one chance

ROG. Is there something new in the test that teaches drivers to overtake other trucks on the approach to roundabouts? or is it just that once they have passed the test they know it all anyway :open_mouth:

Im amazed at how many times it happens now and cars and trucks get forced up the kerb as numptie continues squeezing other vehicles

gothika:
thanx lads, i had a great day today not 1 fault been over loads of r/bouts today
i listened to terry instructor but used my inicative more just got to time it right, one r/bout i thought i,ve got it clear i put foot down fast straight from 3rd 4th to 5th and a car come flying round but because i did,nt slow that car down it was alright. i have 2 days left next week, i must say this instructor is brill, i have been driving one on one approx 3 to 4 hrs a day next week 2 on 1 for 2 days then he,s going to let me drive to test centre gosforth for test, he says my drivings excellent should pass no bother but im 100% confident i,ll pass first time but anything could happen as unforseen as you only get one chance

You went through Benwell and still have your wheels :unamused:

I know where you went and yes Blue House roundabout is busy made even worse by the lane structure

The test centre is easy to get in to not so easy if you want to turn right out of it was there today

animal:

gothika:

You went through Benwell and still have your wheels :unamused:

I know where you went and yes Blue House roundabout is busy made even worse by the lane structure

The test centre is easy to get in to not so easy if you want to turn right out of it was there today

your right there m8 done it had to wait for someone to flash me out mega busy,
the problem is most motorists if you can call them that have no respect for lorry
drivers as some of them just fly up ya arse and impatient to pass especially r/bouts come flying round you have to watch like hell get your timing right. done spot on yesterday. just hope nowt goes wrong on test day

Rog will have the difinitive answer I hope, but the way I look at entering a roundabout is that anyone behind the line of an entry before mine is not on the roundabout, and if I block them because they are faster once on the roundabout I am not cutting them up.

That doesn’t sound very clear, but I hope it makes sense :laughing:

gardun:
Rog will have the difinitive answer I hope, but the way I look at entering a roundabout is that anyone behind the line of an entry before mine is not on the roundabout, and if I block them because they are faster once on the roundabout I am not cutting them up.

Thats driving for ‘REAL LIFE’ but the DSA do not accept that - they say that you should be able to work out if a faster motor from the other side will catch you up, even if you enter it first - go figure :exclamation:

best tip was not luck at the first junction to the right of you but the junction after…look were traffic is doing on that junction to find your gap
if that makes sense lol

ROG:

gardun:

Thats driving for ‘REAL LIFE’ but the DSA do not accept that - they say that you should be able to work out if a faster motor from the other side will catch you up, even if you enter it first - go figure :exclamation:

I suppose that just about sums up the DSA! In fact, anything but another truck will be faster, so you just wait at the roundabout for a couple of hours until it’s empty :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: