Quick reminder Top Gear Patagonia special is on

waynedl:

sweepster:
He’s a very intelligent man and the Top gear producer know’s exactly what’s going on.

Andy Wilman said (rough quote) “What are the chances of us finding a vehicle with that registration that fits into the programme agenda? There was only ‘so many’ of them in the world, or did we plan a full show around a number plate?”

I’d say the second one Andy, and you’re convincing nobody that it was an innocent misunderstanding :unamused:

Speak for yourself. I, for one, accept their version of events.

BillyHunt:
I tried watching these prats once, I lasted about 3 minutes, 3 minutes of my life I’ll never get back. I would rather ■■■■ a turd through a tramps sock than watch any of it again.

We don’t agree on some things Billy, but i’m right there with you on this drivel.

They do have a useful function though, if you go through your motoring life avoiding buying anything the three stooges like or suggest is a good car, you won’t go far wrong.

Absolute crap as anticipated…

Juddian:
if you go through your motoring life avoiding buying anything the three stooges like or suggest is a good car, you won’t go far wrong.

Ive always liked and wanted a 928 when I was younger just something about them I like.

bald bloke:

Juddian:
if you go through your motoring life avoiding buying anything the three stooges like or suggest is a good car, you won’t go far wrong.

Ive always liked and wanted a 928 when I was younger just something about them I like.

A later 944 would make a good practical everyday classic if you want to go Porsche, haven’t seen a 928 for years, what happened to them.

There was a lot of talk of eating beaver ! :smiley:

cliffystephens:
Absolute crap as anticipated…

Yep.

Damned unsporting behaviour from the Argies if you ask me. Sore losers, you don’t see the Germans behaving like that, and we beat them twice! :wink:

nice scenery but barring the last
5 minutes boring

the maoster:
Damned unsporting behaviour from the Argies if you ask me. Sore losers, you don’t see the Germans behaving like that, and we beat them twice! :wink:

Yeah the Argies obviously have no sense of humour !!

James May followed me in to the BP at Buck services on the A303, he had a white Porsche 911, it was a tad grubby.
The middle aged ladies loved him, and signature signing was going on, he had the trademark floral pattern shirt, and just woken up style hair do.

sweepster:
He’s a very intelligent man and the Top gear producer know’s exactly what’s going on.
Remember when they were doing the bike ride, I think around Cambodia and Japan and if whoever’s bike broke down, they’d have to ride the one emblazoned in the American flag with “Born in the USA” blaring from the loud speaker.

Yeah,agree.
They were abroad somewhere and had slogans painted up the side of their motors. Camera shot of car with front/rear door open to reveal the word ‘arse’ :wink:

the trouble with some argies is they cannot accept defeat at the hands of a superior force [at the time]a lot were conscripts and I did feel sorry for them but they were the aggressors not Britain,they were all smiles and cheery until the tide turned and our task force turned up,those argentinians on top gear were idiots,but at the same time someone in top gear must have known about the plate on the Porsche,maybe they wanted to cause problems,

truckman020:
the trouble with some argies is they cannot accept defeat at the hands of a superior force [at the time]a lot were conscripts and I did feel sorry for them but they were the aggressors not Britain,they were all smiles and cheery until the tide turned and our task force turned up,those argentinians on top gear were idiots,but at the same time someone in top gear must have known about the plate on the Porsche,maybe they wanted to cause problems,

Some of the regulars were very good, professional soldiers and were annoyed that things didn’t go better. Some of them had hidden shards of glass in their uniforms before being captured/(forced to)surrender and were willing to have a go if they spotted a chance. If you are passionate about something, you can become dangerous to an opponent. Historical “wrongs” have a habit of staying in the consciousness, even centuries later.

Argentine culture accepts being unfaithful to your partner.
They have nightclubs specifically for people looking for an affair.

Sumsmeister:

truckman020:

Some of the regulars were very good, professional soldiers and were annoyed that things didn’t go better. Some of them had hidden shards of glass in their uniforms before being captured/(forced to)surrender and were willing to have a go if they spotted a chance. If you are passionate about something, you can become dangerous to an opponent. Historical “wrongs” have a habit of staying in the consciousness, even centuries later.

I remember reading that one conscript ran off chased by an officer,the young conscript ran into a barn and locked himself in,apparently the officer could not be bothered to get him out and according to the story he threw a grenade in instead and killed the young fella,disgusting,but I agree with you about some of them being professional soldiers,so you can understand why they were like that with the glass wanting to fight to the last

toby1234abc:
Argentine culture accepts being unfaithful to your partner.
They have nightclubs specifically for people looking for an affair.

is that not just any nightclub that you don’t take your misses into with you? :confused:

Kaistar:
Not a clue, but this interview is worth watching…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LfZtRH7icY&feature=youtu.be

Just watched Guy Martin on channel4& laughed all the way through, ain’t got a clue what he was on about. Could watch him all day lol :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

tango boy:

Kaistar:
Not a clue, but this interview is worth watching…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LfZtRH7icY&feature=youtu.be

Just watched Guy Martin on channel4& laughed all the way through, ain’t got a clue what he was on about. Could watch him all day lol :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

If you look on mick moodys twitter page hes flogged that 143,dont know who to though,theres just a picture of a kid next to it saying hes the new owner :neutral_face:

m1cks:
Has anyone bothered to check if the Porsche was actually in the UK under that registration? That would be one way to see if it was innocent or ‘coincidence’

id bet on it that top gear have an insider at the DVLA who gave them that registration number