Quick question

Hi how wide does a load have to be before it needs marker lights

You’re allowed a foot each side, or strictly speaking 305mm which is 12.007874 inches.

Harry Monk:
You’re allowed a foot each side, or strictly speaking 305mm which is 12.007874 inches.

That’s ok then as its 9" either side

Harry Monk:

Not exactly

hodgeR500:
That’s ok then as its 9" either side

Is that exact ■■? Your total width needs to be under 2.9m or 9’6 ish

You’re probably 2.55m wide or about 8’4" in old money. Add 9 inches per side (18 inches total) you are 9’ 10"

if my maths is right and I’m half ■■■■■■ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You need front and rear marker boards, lighting if it’s dark and above all a movement order for it :laughing:

It’s 3mtrs wide exactly 10ft and the trailer bed is 8ft5 ish

hodgeR500:
It’s 3mtrs wide exactly 10ft and the trailer bed is 8ft5 ish

More than 2.9 metres, but not
exceeding to 3.5 metres overall
width
ï‚· Two clear working days notice to Police (C&U schedule 12, para 4)
ï‚· Marker boards front and rear (C&U Schedule 12, para 3)
ï‚· Additional lights required during hours of darkness or poor visibility

As I said then. Do you have a movement order and correct marker boards ■■?

Just the marker boards I was told as I asked if I needed lights and was told no that’s why I asked

hodgeR500:
Just the marker boards I was told as I asked if I needed lights and was told no that’s why I asked

If it aint dark you don’t need em :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You DO need the notification though. If you get stopped you’ll be going no further :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

billybigrig:

hodgeR500:

You DO need the notification though. If you get stopped you’ll be going no further :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If my company said its ok to move that means they will of done the checks correctly i presume so if I get stopped who will it lie on or what will happen

hodgeR500:

billybigrig:

hodgeR500:

If my company said its ok to move that means they will of done the checks correctly i presume so if I get stopped who will it lie on or what will happen

If you do not have that paper in your cab, as it will have your route on it, then NO they have not :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

As has been said get a movement order!
Put as many lights and bells on your load as you want, no movement order, park you up and clamp you for 3 days.
PS Wetherby services is a good place to go without MO

Here’s the links to show your boss, next time he tries to con you :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

transportsfriend.org/abnorma … ction.html

assets.dft.gov.uk/publications/d … -guide.pdf

Why wetherby svs

hodgeR500:
Why wetherby svs

One of the areas they are hot on this :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Could be worse, my mate got nailed in a layby on the A180. Missed his ferry :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Did ur mate get a fine then

Interesting websites will be showing them to him

hodgeR500:
Did ur mate get a fine then

No, they knew he was chasing a boat so just parked him until the next afternoon when it was sorted. I think they figured that cost him enough :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: That was a few years ago though :smiley:

You have a PM mate :wink:

billybigrig:
Here’s the links to show your boss, next time he tries to con you :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

brilliant :laughing: :laughing:

So when I’m carrying a 32’x10’ office unit, I have rear markers on it showing width and rear over hang which is about 2m, (rigid 8x4 + hiab = bed is about 27 feet).

I need a movement order too?? !!! :open_mouth:

Saaamon:

billybigrig:

brilliant :laughing: :laughing:

To be fair, we’ve all been there in some way shape or form throughout our careers. Without the good old internet to seek fast answers it was a case of faith in the gaffer…who promptly denied it all when you got your collar felt :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: