Queues At Dover & Calais

Winseer…do you partake in crack cocaine on a saturday night?

msgyorkie:
Winseer…do you partake in crack cocaine on a saturday night?

No, that`s his night OFF of it !

Mazzer2:

Franglais:

Mazzer2:
On the subject to queues and delays how much of it is down to the French being well French, a full load of multi-drop beef being tipped across Holland,Belgium and Germany that is loaded in Ireland and transits the UK on T2 forms to Harwich and enters the EU through the Hook is waved straight off the boat and on it’s way. The same load going via the Tunnel will be sent to SVP checks where it can spend up to 6 hours despite being sealed and the seal being unbroken on one occasion last weekend there were 6 Irish lorries in SVP and 3 GB ones all the Irish had loaded in Ireland yet were subject to checks. Loaded yesterday in Lyon with yoghurts (for Ireland) a sign on the wall said all UK loads will take 3 hours to get customs paperwork yet load the same product in Germany and it may take up to 15 minutes.
So do the French know the difference between the UK and Ireland? And are the Germans really that much more efficient?

Because of Brexit, administration is now necessary that wasn`t necessary before.
It takes time and money.

Mazzer:" SVP checks where it can spend up to 6 hours despite being sealed and the seal being unbroken on one occasion last weekend there were 6 Irish lorries in SVP and 3 GB ones all the Irish had loaded in Ireland yet were subject to checks."
Just like EU goods transiting Swiss then? Subject to checks for country of origin etc.
This is an absolutely inevitable result of the deal the UK has with the EU.

All countries have civil servants and customs officers. Some do more for their salary than others.
Give officials more chance to act officially, and guess what? Maybe this is a surprise to you: they will!

What did you think would happen when you give officials more work to do?
This red tape (which adds what to the economy anywhere?) costs money, and is due to Brexit.
And dont worry: when the vet opens in the UK in the summer* the UK can start more checks. The UK WaterGuard might be beaten by some, but arent the laziest at officialdom.
If those sheds and lorryparks (paid for by our taxes) open as promised do you think they will be waving you through all the time?
Red tape is a pain in the ■■■■ no matter who administers it. Brexit has created more.

We in the UK can point to other countries enforcing these rules, but why did we give them theses new rules to enforce?
This was the deal we negotiated and signed!

The French have always been French. They didn`t change. The rules changed!

" Lyon with yoghurts (for Ireland) a sign on the wall said all UK loads will take 3 hours to get customs paperwork yet load the same product in Germany and it may take up to 15 minutes."
Youve already told us it takes 3 or 4 hrs for your German papers? It would appear that those papers would have been made up before loading, but one change and it is back to the beginning. Your German load was doing a good job for you by doing papers before loading. It seems the Lyon company loads first, and does papers afterwards. Maybe they dont want to risk doing docs twice?

No matter how long it takes…before Brexit this would not have happened.

Sod`s law states “If it can go wrong, it will go wrong”
Why have more admin? It will go wrong

The one with the change in Germany was for a load of bread not yoghurt so cannot be compared to loading yoghurt out of France, can you explain why the under the exact same rules the Dutch are waving you through without so much as a seal check yet the French are not? You are correct in saying that the French have not changed they have always been obstinate and follow the rules to suit rather than as they should be.

The point is:
Brexit has caused extra documents, which cost money and take extra time.
You have given examples of this in both Germany and France.

Simple as that!

Franglais:

Monkey241:

Franglais:

Monkey241:
But Brexit has happened - for a number of reasons.
It’s time you adapted.

It has happened and we have adapted.
Our company is doing OK.

We now pay more staff to do more paperwork.
We now expect more delays at borders.

The company has adapted by increasing rates, which will of course be paid for by the end user.
The public will adapt by paying more taxes to pay for the extra staff and facilities we are having built.

The company is doing OK?

And yet… that doesn’t fit the predictions.

You EXPECT more delays? Let me know when a subjective expectation becomes verifiable fact.

Like it or not a majority of voters appear to have disliked the political machinations of the EU. The political aspect is a take it or leave it component of any perceived economic benefits.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

We expect more delays than we had before Brexit, because we have already had more delays.
That is our real world experience. Im sorry if you didnt understand that from my post. Y`know a fact.

I am not sure what predictions you are referring to?

Monkey241:
Evidence please.
Sweeping generalities are never helpful

I repeat the question.
What predictions are you referring to?

Franglais:

Mazzer2:

Franglais:

Mazzer2:
On the subject to queues and delays how much of it is down to the French being well French, a full load of multi-drop beef being tipped across Holland,Belgium and Germany that is loaded in Ireland and transits the UK on T2 forms to Harwich and enters the EU through the Hook is waved straight off the boat and on it’s way. The same load going via the Tunnel will be sent to SVP checks where it can spend up to 6 hours despite being sealed and the seal being unbroken on one occasion last weekend there were 6 Irish lorries in SVP and 3 GB ones all the Irish had loaded in Ireland yet were subject to checks. Loaded yesterday in Lyon with yoghurts (for Ireland) a sign on the wall said all UK loads will take 3 hours to get customs paperwork yet load the same product in Germany and it may take up to 15 minutes.
So do the French know the difference between the UK and Ireland? And are the Germans really that much more efficient?

Because of Brexit, administration is now necessary that wasn`t necessary before.
It takes time and money.

Mazzer:" SVP checks where it can spend up to 6 hours despite being sealed and the seal being unbroken on one occasion last weekend there were 6 Irish lorries in SVP and 3 GB ones all the Irish had loaded in Ireland yet were subject to checks."
Just like EU goods transiting Swiss then? Subject to checks for country of origin etc.
This is an absolutely inevitable result of the deal the UK has with the EU.

All countries have civil servants and customs officers. Some do more for their salary than others.
Give officials more chance to act officially, and guess what? Maybe this is a surprise to you: they will!

What did you think would happen when you give officials more work to do?
This red tape (which adds what to the economy anywhere?) costs money, and is due to Brexit.
And dont worry: when the vet opens in the UK in the summer* the UK can start more checks. The UK WaterGuard might be beaten by some, but arent the laziest at officialdom.
If those sheds and lorryparks (paid for by our taxes) open as promised do you think they will be waving you through all the time?
Red tape is a pain in the ■■■■ no matter who administers it. Brexit has created more.

We in the UK can point to other countries enforcing these rules, but why did we give them theses new rules to enforce?
This was the deal we negotiated and signed!

The French have always been French. They didn`t change. The rules changed!

" Lyon with yoghurts (for Ireland) a sign on the wall said all UK loads will take 3 hours to get customs paperwork yet load the same product in Germany and it may take up to 15 minutes."
Youve already told us it takes 3 or 4 hrs for your German papers? It would appear that those papers would have been made up before loading, but one change and it is back to the beginning. Your German load was doing a good job for you by doing papers before loading. It seems the Lyon company loads first, and does papers afterwards. Maybe they dont want to risk doing docs twice?

No matter how long it takes…before Brexit this would not have happened.

Sod`s law states “If it can go wrong, it will go wrong”
Why have more admin? It will go wrong

The one with the change in Germany was for a load of bread not yoghurt so cannot be compared to loading yoghurt out of France, can you explain why the under the exact same rules the Dutch are waving you through without so much as a seal check yet the French are not? You are correct in saying that the French have not changed they have always been obstinate and follow the rules to suit rather than as they should be.

The point is:
Brexit has caused extra documents, which cost money and take extra time.
You have given examples of this in both Germany and France.

Simple as that!

Varadkar was given assurances by Macron and the EU that Ireland would not suffer due to Brexit yet Macron’s custom officers obviously didn’t get the message as to your comparison of transiting Switzerland with transiting the UK the checks coming out of Switzerland into the EU are at the best minimal and nothing like the ones at Calais and a bit more like the Dutch approach.
It also shows different EU countires approach to Brexit the Germans can sort out a fastball in the same time the French sort out a load that has had at least 24 hours notice guess which country is more likely to get UK trade in the future the one that is efficient or the one that is difficult for no reason

Mazzer2:
Varadkar was given assurances by Macron and the EU that Ireland would not suffer due to Brexit yet Macron’s custom officers obviously didn’t get the message as to your comparison of transiting Switzerland with transiting the UK the checks coming out of Switzerland into the EU are at the best minimal and nothing like the ones at Calais and a bit more like the Dutch approach.
It also shows different EU countires approach to Brexit the Germans can sort out a fastball in the same time the French sort out a load that has had at least 24 hours notice guess which country is more likely to get UK trade in the future the one that is efficient or the one that is difficult for no reason

Different controls between EU borders with UK or CH? Yes.
But for what reason?
Switzerland is a member of EFTA, and recognises EU standards and laws that the UK doesn`t. It is in Schengen too.
Because it is much closer to the EU it seems obvious that the UK border with the EU will have stricter controls than with Switzerland.

We chose to have fewer ties than the Swiss have.
It seems obvious that comes with more checks.

Franglais:

Mazzer2:

Different controls between EU borders with UK or CH? Yes.
But for what reason?
Switzerland is a member of EFTA, and recognises EU standards and laws that the UK doesn`t. It is in Schengen too.
Because it is much closer to the EU it seems obvious that the UK border with the EU will have stricter controls than with Switzerland.

We chose to have fewer ties than the Swiss have.
It seems obvious that comes with more checks.

Yes if the product has come form the UK but as far as I’m aware Ireland complies with EU standards so is no different in that aspect to Switzerland check the seal and if it has been tampered with then scrutinise the load by all means but unloading Irish meat onto a bay in SVP to check it?
When we transit the UK for Ireland at most we will have a seal check carried out in Dublin seal ok carry on seems the Dutch don’t bother with a seal check yet the French subject it to the same rules as GB meat, The French have been particuarly difficult with Irish meat imports since Brexit simple solution if you don’t want food imports from other EU countries then you could always leave and impose tariffs to support your meat and poultry producers, or accept the rules of the organisation that you are in even if at times they do disadvantage home producers

Franglais:

Franglais:

Monkey241:

Franglais:

Monkey241:
But Brexit has happened - for a number of reasons.
It’s time you adapted.

It has happened and we have adapted.
Our company is doing OK.

We now pay more staff to do more paperwork.
We now expect more delays at borders.

The company has adapted by increasing rates, which will of course be paid for by the end user.
The public will adapt by paying more taxes to pay for the extra staff and facilities we are having built.

The company is doing OK?

And yet… that doesn’t fit the predictions.

You EXPECT more delays? Let me know when a subjective expectation becomes verifiable fact.

Like it or not a majority of voters appear to have disliked the political machinations of the EU. The political aspect is a take it or leave it component of any perceived economic benefits.

We expect more delays than we had before Brexit, because we have already had more delays.
That is our real world experience. Im sorry if you didnt understand that from my post. Y`know a fact.

I am not sure what predictions you are referring to?

Monkey241:
Evidence please.
Sweeping generalities are never helpful

I repeat the question.
What predictions are you referring to?

What predictions?

Seriously- we’ve covered how context is important.

Give up Monkey - you clutch at straws to Polish the Brexit Turd.

You know Brexit makes life harder for everyone - get over it and adapt.

getting rarer to see a foreign number plate here now. i got very nearly diddled by an injun last year and the next one i ran across who wanted summat delivering i said its got to be cash up front-every penny ,anyhoo he declined. i believe the worm has turned time to shout thru the letterbox- immigration! get em running

on subject of foreigners any of you know maria fuggle? old bill were battering on her door friday night had me out of bed

whisperingsmith:
Give up Monkey - you clutch at straws to Polish the Brexit Turd.

You know Brexit makes life harder for everyone - get over it and adapt.

Certainly hasn’t made my life harder…but has arguably seen my pay increase by over 4 grand this year.

Perhaps you can show how it’s made everybody else’s life harder?

And people go on at me and Carryfast for dragging ‘debates’ on! Carry, we’ve lost that crown it seems!

switchlogic:
And people go on at me and Carryfast for dragging ‘debates’ on! Carry, we’ve lost that crown it seems!

Gotcha…we accept the premise its crap then?

Looks like EU membership isn’t the only thing you can’t hold onto [emoji6]

Today:

"Huge lorry queues building up at the Port of Dover have been blamed “entirely” on extra controls which have come into force from Brexit.

It comes as port chiefs urged the UK government to hold talks with the EU on ways to ease further checks set to come in later in 2022 which could cause “disastrous” disruption to trade.

One courier told The Independent he had been caught up in queues of up to 15km (9 miles) since full customs controls came into force at the beginning of January.

The British haulier said it was taking 15 to 20 minutes for each driver to clear checks needed for the UK government’s new Goods Vehicle Movement Service (GVMS) system and other export paperwork at Dover.

“It’s entirely Brexit – you can’t blame it on anything else but Brexit,” said the driver, who has had to push back some deliveries."

Us Northern Monkeys will show the haulage industry how to run a business when Immingham Killingholme & Stallingborough are fully open. It will save the monotonous drag down to Dover with goods loaded in the Midlands. Lancashire and Yorkshire. :laughing:

whisperingsmith:
Today:

"Huge lorry queues building up at the Port of Dover have been blamed “entirely” on extra controls which have come into force from Brexit.

It comes as port chiefs urged the UK government to hold talks with the EU on ways to ease further checks set to come in later in 2022 which could cause “disastrous” disruption to trade.

One courier told The Independent he had been caught up in queues of up to 15km (9 miles) since full customs controls came into force at the beginning of January.

The British haulier said it was taking 15 to 20 minutes for each driver to clear checks needed for the UK government’s new Goods Vehicle Movement Service (GVMS) system and other export paperwork at Dover.

“It’s entirely Brexit – you can’t blame it on anything else but Brexit,” said the driver, who has had to push back some deliveries."

‘Brexit to blame’: Huge lorry queues at Dover as port bosses call for talks on EU checks | The Independent

Funny that, a pal of mine crosses twice a week and says there’s relatively few delays, certainly not 9 miles of queues

Night-and-day:
Funny that, a pal of mine crosses twice a week and says there’s relatively few delays, certainly not 9 miles of queues

It is odd…

Isn’t it. On the 12th January there were 4 day delays apparently. Yet drivers were saying on here that they were shipping in and out as normal. Once again I look on Google maps and see no red anywhere in Calais.

yourhavingalarf:

Night-and-day:

It is odd…

Isn’t it. On the 12th January there were 4 day delays apparently. Yet drivers were saying on here that they were shipping in and out as normal. Once again I look on Google maps and see no red anywhere in Calais.

Im taking January off (part of retirement run-down) so no personal experience this year, but those reports arent inconsistent.

A “queue” will come and go. They can build up very quickly, but generally wont clear as quickly. 9 miles isnt too unusual for Dover at busy times, but it is only January, and there are fewer passengers.

A “delay” as in a few days wont be lorries stopped on the roadside. Thatll be a truck parked in a customs area or truck-park awaiting clearance.

Even if there are no queues and the roads show green, trucks who are held for checks will have trips “delayed” but won`t be in “queues”.

Wheel Nut:
Us Northern Monkeys will show the haulage industry how to run a business when Immingham Killingholme & Stallingborough are fully open. It will save the monotonous drag down to Dover with goods loaded in the Midlands. Lancashire and Yorkshire. :laughing:

Ferries from places north of Dover to the foreigns on the Continent? Madness. It’ll never catch on