Question?

SOC Code:8211 Wage£9.54 PER HOUR
Hours54 PER WEEK, MONDAY-FRIDAY BETWEEN 5.30pm-5.30am
Location Wellingborough, Northants NN8
DurationPermanent
Date posted05 January 2012
Pension detailsNo details held
Description
Must have a full LGV C+E licence with no more than 6 points. If you have any driving offences that are over 8 years old you may be considered. Previous experience is essential. Tachograph knowledge/experience is essential. Duties include trunking work, bringing product to base for sorting and taking back to the distribution depot. An immediate start is available for the right applicant. This vacancy is covered by the Working Time Regulations. For advice on this regulation you should see the businesslink.gov.ukOpens new window (unless Javascript disabled) website or contact the Pay and Work Rights helpline.
How to apply
You can apply for this job by telephoning 01782 568910 and asking for Nicky Arnold.
Employer

Under the regulations, working time for mobile workers must not exceed:

an average 48-hour week, calculated over a reference period - this is normally 17 or 18 weeks, but can be extended to up to 26 weeks provided a collective agreement or workforce agreement is in place
60 hours in any single week
ten hours in any 24-hour period, if working at night

Now is it me or is the only way this job is covered by the working time directive is if you opt out of it?

P O A all the way…

FedEx, I know for a fact. :imp:

10-08:
Now is it me or is the only way this job is covered by the working time directive is if you opt out of it?

You can’t opt out of it, the night work opt out only removes the 10 hour night working time limit, not the 48 hour average or 60 hour week maximums.

There is already 6 hours of break in there looking at the shift length so throw in another 6 or POA and it will come down to 48. Probably trunking with a couple or so hours wait before heading back, that would do it. If you advertised my job it would be a 47.5 hour week, yeah I know that’s within the average, but I only have a total duty time of 40 - 43 hours and only about 20 - 22 hours count for the WTD so the start and finish times in an advert don’t tell you much as to whether it will be within the WTD regs or not.

Coffeeholic:

10-08:

You can’t opt out of it, the night work opt out only removes the 10 hour night working time limit, not the 48 hour average or 60 hour week maximums.

so we’re all working illegally? That will displease the Europeans.

10-08:

Coffeeholic:

10-08:

so we’re all working illegally?

No.

10-08:

Coffeeholic:

10-08:

so we’re all working illegally? That will displease the Europeans.

Total hours worked Minus ALL breaks (paid or unpaid) Minus POA = WTD

has anyone ever been questioned about wtd ? I’ve never heard of anyone being checked up on, I’m self employed so it doesn’t matter to me but it’s all a big load of crud anyway, you’re working day starts at the time you put that card in and ends when you take it out, a break is not a finish and technically you are still at work, the EU is a joke with some of the things they come out with.

Kerbdog:
has anyone ever been questioned about wtd ? I’ve never heard of anyone being checked up on,

No one has been ‘done’ for it yet and very little enforcement takes place.

Kerbdog:
I’m self employed so it doesn’t matter to me

I wouldn’t be so sure about that.

Coffeeholic:

10-08:

There is already 6 hours of break in there looking at the shift length so throw in another 6 or POA and it will come down to 48. Probably trunking with a couple or so hours wait before heading back, that would do it. If you advertised my job it would be a 47.5 hour week, yeah I know that’s within the average, but I only have a total duty time of 40 - 43 hours and only about 20 - 22 hours count for the WTD so the start and finish times in an advert don’t tell you much as to whether it will be within the WTD regs or not.

So is it best to book break or poa? In a week can you work say 65 hours in total, take off poa/breaks and still be legal?

tootman318:

Coffeeholic:

10-08:

So is it best to book break or poa? In a week can you work say 65 hours in total, take off poa/breaks and still be legal?

yea everytime i was on a bay or being tipped id be on p o a

Just read the government leaflet on the direct gov website… we all better stop working folks ! A maximum of 60 hours work as long as a 48 hour working week is averaged. So basically 5 days driving at 9 hours a week and 3 hours unloading. If you are on bays all the time or driving containers then you will be alright but whatever happens…don’t try and make a living, just put up with the shhhhh it you do and have a rubbish life outside of the job. God help me when they find out about my weekend job :laughing:

whats poa ? :blush:

Noworries:

i hope thats not a serious question :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

wildfire:

Noworries:

i hope thats not a serious question :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

poauk.org.uk/index.php?home
there you go googled it

10-08:

wildfire:

Noworries:

poauk.org.uk/index.php?home
there you go googled it

llf :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I have not used POA for seven years :wink:

cliffton 27:

tootman318:

Coffeeholic:

10-08:

yea everytime i was on a bay or being tipped id be on p o a

Everytime? So you knew when they’d be finished/had been given a finish/departure time every tip?? :grimacing:

Better organised than most if so!!

“If you have any driving offences that are over 8 years old you may be considered.”

That’s thrown me. Is this their way of putting off candidates with serious convictions?
Surely they wouldn’t be bothered by a speeding offence from 7 years ago, would they?
And just how much would DVLA tell them if there were convictions no longer on your licence?

Coffeeholic:

Kerbdog:
has anyone ever been questioned about wtd ? I’ve never heard of anyone being checked up on,

No one has been ‘done’ for it yet and very little enforcement takes place.

Kerbdog:
I’m self employed so it doesn’t matter to me

I wouldn’t be so sure about that.

At one place I “worked” 6hr 14min without a break once.

Was summonsed to a driver trainer, had to sign for this infringement and swear never to do it again.

I’m a rebel…