Question For The EuroDrivers COming Back To The UK

You know what you said is pants. Can’t go back on it now. :wink:

weeto:

bigvern1:
Shutting the port is a stupid idea. Tons of food comes into this country from Europe, fancy doing without? Thought so. :unamused:

How does shutting 1 port until the French sort the problem stop the rest of Europe coming, Calais isn’t the only exit point.

They’ve managed to make it from North Africa & Asia to Calais, do you think if we stopped the Dover to Calais crossing they’d just give up rather than move on to Caen, Dieppe, The Hook or any other ports that were still crossing to the UK?

I would like to know what exactly are the going to do with the 7million to solve the problem? Probably to pay more suits(both uk and frog) to sit round a table and talk bollox.

Malky80:
Border control should be doing more to deal with these parasites.

Maybe the Border Agency guys on the ground should be given the tools for the job, last time I used euro tunnel, about 2 weeks ago, queued for 3 hours to get into the ternimal. When I got to the border agency check, they were sending every truck into a search bay, but despite having plenty of search bays, 6 I think. They only have one search team. The moment they find a truck with stowaways they have to deal with it and the searches come to a halt. Despite the queues I ended up on a train with about 5 other trucks. Not really a way to clear queues and provide a high level of security.

hedg70:
markets authority made my ferry link sell up, which ended up with the french being out of a job, If I was in the same boat (Excuse the pun) as them, I would kick up a stink just like them, at least they stick together.

My understanding of the situation is that eurotunnel won the latest appeal against the CMA. but decided to get rid of the ferrys anyway as they weren’t making money and didn’t want to fight a continued legal battle. The ferry workers were part of a workers co-operative, mostly ex sea france and they had put their redundancy money into My Ferry Link, so not only have they lost their jobs, but also all their redundancy money, so they feel they’ve been stiched up by the UK governments CMA, Euro tunnel and DFDS.

weeto:

bigvern1:
Shutting the port is a stupid idea. Tons of food comes into this country from Europe, fancy doing without? Thought so. :unamused:

How does shutting 1 port until the French sort the problem stop the rest of Europe coming, Calais isn’t the only exit point.

And you think that by closing Calais then all the migrants will just go back to where they came from? You dont think maybe they’ll figure out which port all the Calais traffic will go to and then storm that one?

The-Snowman:

weeto:

bigvern1:

And you think that by closing Calais then all the migrants will just go back to where they came from? You dont think maybe they’ll figure out which port all the Calais traffic will go to and then storm that one?

They would soon get bored walking from one to the other.

bigvern1:
You know what you said is pants. Can’t go back on it now. :wink:

What’s your suggestion then?

Dfds have took on two ferrys from myferry the freighter nor pas de calais is still owned by eurotunnel with these 3 ferrys out of action two of which are sitting in calais which have been wrecked its one of the main causes of operation stack in a week them ferrys would carry over 2.000 trucks.
The immigrants then make the most of the qs to get on the trucks.
Some people are starting to say use other ports this isnt possible hull to zeebrugge ferrys are booked with tourists they have trucks on there aswell but they are booked solid the crossing is only once a day and takes 12 hours if your lucky enough to get a booking we cross that way regular and at £400 a truck its not cheap

I don’t have any. So rather than say stupid things, I’ll say nowt.

bigvern1:
I don’t have any. So rather than say stupid things, I’ll say nowt.

good idea.

Unlike your fabulous idea!

Bit pointless making an arse of yourself then on a discussion forum if you dont join in like everyone else!

been over to France twice in the last month on the tunnel and only saw 1 migrant the first time and none the second! We were in a car though, from the time we got into the terminal on the French side we were on the train within 30mins! we couldn’t work out what all the hype in the media was about although we was coming back off holiday so probably driving with blinkers on :smiley:

Making an arse of myself? Was I the one with the genius idea to close Kent? :unamused:

bigvern1:
Making an arse of myself? Was I the one with the genius idea to close Kent? :unamused:

No, that was the French strikers that have done that, direct action needs taking on both sides of the channel, but you obviously cant see that…

guys I don’t know if this is in right post but I’m going to ask anyway, doing a day trip tomorrow over the water, you hear it every day about ‘operation stack’ is there any hold up’s for car drivers? the tunnel web site is saying ‘there still running 3 trains’ an hour

dreamlands2001:
guys I don’t know if this is in right post but I’m going to ask anyway, doing a day trip tomorrow over the water, you hear it every day about ‘operation stack’ is there any hold up’s for car drivers? the tunnel web site is saying ‘there still running 3 trains’ an hour

The is gold ups for car traffic, not as they have to stack but because they have to use another route to the tunnel terminal and because there maybe reduced trains running.

The main problem you have is that the service atm is unpredictable, if any “incident” happens in Calais ie a breach of the fence and immigrants getting onto the track area the service is immediately suspended, then you have a wait that is “how long is a piece of string”

I don’t have a solution, but have been through Calais an awful lot. So have some experience and perhaps my own theories that are well…Mine!

I am not a Euro driver, mainly because of the horror stories which are coming out. With my luck, ill be the 1 in the 10 every time I go over. I have to say though that it isn’t our problem in the UK and the 7million the government is wasting on doing France’s job sticks in my craw sideways.

The UK didn’t join the Schengen area to maintain controls over our own boarders. This is being proven to be the right decision at the moment. So why is it our problem that the European boarders are about as secure as a wall of ice cream? Why is it our problem that France decided not to secure its own boarders? Why should we pay because France wont even try?

I feel for the drivers, especially the ones who get caught with a trailer full of illegals and get fined for it through no fault of their own.

I do have to point out though that we are all talking about ILLEGAL immigrants here. If Iwayway or whatever his name is got refused a visa to visit because of a trumped up political charge in China, why are we even talking about granting asylum to people who are committing numerous crimes just to get to Calais, let alone over the water?

If an asylum seeker has a legitimate claim to asylum the receiving country is obliged to hear the case fairly. The flip side of the coin is that an asylum seeker is supposed to request asylum in the first country they land in which will not abuse/oppress them. So just by being in France and trying to get here they have broken that law. Then they are skipping through another country to try and get to us. At this point, even if their initial motivation to leave their home country could be seen as a case for asylum, they are economic migrants. They have skipped over a suitable country in favor of one which offers them a bit more of what they want.

In doing that they are automatically invalidating any claim they have to asylum in the first place.

If France wont deal with these criminals, we should be able to negotiate access to round them all up and deport them. That is what the 7 million should be spent on. Or in convincing France to prosecute and imprison these criminals who are:

:: Illegally entering the Republic of France.
:: Breaking (or Braking - I cant spell today) and entering commercial vehicles.
:: Criminal damage.

That list is not exclusive but there are more than enough reasons for the French to arrest, prosecute, imprison and then bugger off these parasites.