Question For The EuroDrivers COming Back To The UK

When your coming back from Europe through Calais,it actually as bad as its made out? Im a very sceptical person regards what I read in the media and always take it with a pinch of salt. It looks bad from the pictures but they can be manipulated for sensationalism. Just thought id ask coz if its as bad as the media is making out,im wondering why hauliers still do it. But since thousands are still doing it,can it really be as bad as reported?

I heard from someone that the drivers are being told to run over the migrants so I would have thought they are having great fun playing real life carmageddon.

9 times out of 10 it’s fine and you sail through with no problems, if they are running about just keep everything locked and keep your wits about you.

Most of the stowaways found in motors have got in where the drivers have parked for the night in a dodgy area too close to the ports rather than while queuing for the boat or train.

Oh, and as yet I haven’t been instructed by the French police that committing murder is pardonable providing it’s an illegal you run over :unamused: :grimacing:

mrginge:
I heard from someone that the drivers are being told to run over the migrants so I would have thought they are having great fun playing real life carmageddon.

AJF3011:
as yet I haven’t been instructed by the French police that committing murder is pardonable providing it’s an illegal you run over

That must have been RDC rubbish. Theres no way you read that on a forum for professional drivers… :laughing:

There is no doubt about it, it is a biggish story, for several reasons.
Immigrants, EU, French strikes, security breaches, huge truck queues, ad infinitum.

It is causing my firm huge probs with our daily UK runs for our customers, and of course it is a major ■■ about for the drivers.

I guess they continue to use that route because the alternatives are not quick enough.

How bad is it? Yes the pics are real but the immigrants are not lobbing bricks about or anything, but the drivers are sitting ducks should they want to start.

There is some hype tho to be fair but in the age of 24 hour news it is to be expected that anything will be milked by the media who have to try and fill those 24 hours.

The-Snowman:

mrginge:

AJF3011:
as yet I haven’t been instructed by the French police that committing murder is pardonable providing it’s an illegal you run over

That must have been RDC rubbish. Theres no way you read that on a forum for professional drivers… :laughing:

The difficulty on the judgement call - is that person you’d be running over might actually be a legal migrant who’s on their first day, and has not been issued with ppm/hi viz as yet… He wants to check your CMR and other paperwork - hence why he’s approaching your cab in civvies… :open_mouth:

…Don’t laugh! - This doubt will be more than enough to put the waverers off putting their foot down when cometh the hour, cometh the approach if you like… :exclamation:

I said “waverers” not “waberers” btw.

again drivers are not being told to run migrantes down, if you know what you are doing there will be no probs i love delivering to rdc its like a wi meeting for bull&&*ters glad i only have to go in once in a blue moon there was a post about this last week a lad wanted to do euro work but been sccared to death by some plonk thats neva done the job

The reason its actually making the news is because the qs are affecting the tourists going on there jollys the thing is when the holidays are over the problems will still be there but the press wont be
At the moment calais port feels pretty safe yes you get the odd one but the fence has helped and most of the immigrants have gone up the to the train it can be bad there but you got to have eyes in the back of your head keep doors locked if you think they have got in tell security they will have a look and you should be ok keep watching the rear until you board the train you can relax a bit then and if any immigrants can run as quick as that train they should be let in the country and join our olympic team anyway

Just back Sat eve & do a lot of Euro, yes it can be bad, the amount of migrants around is really large, I’ve been lucky- :touches wood: & not been caught in op stack frog side, that to me is a nightmare as you are trapped there & they are all over the place, just see the many vids on you tube, but for me generally its fine, I don’t stop anywhere near & I check v carefully once in & before UK customs, I’ve never had one in, but I’m in the minority, most of my pals have, one pal had 9 in, he spotted em but just let the frog customs haul 'em out, my mate even had one hop in his little single car transporter whilst filling up at the fuel station at Calais, not a truck stop just a regular car one, he just noticed the suspension dip a tad as he was fueling! he wasnt even coming back to Uk but fueling for the ourward leg, was tempted to take em to Italy with him, just a tad worried ref the £10million quid motor the guy could ruin!

Stack is in place AGAIN

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-33685469

Border control should be doing more to deal with these parasites.

The UK should just close the Kent Ports until the French sort their problem out with the immigrants.

Don’t talk out of your arse.

bigvern1:

lol

bigvern1:

love the strait talk,

It’s true you can’t shut the uk off to europe, it’s a stupid idea and as for stack, it’s our government’s fault, the competition and markets authority made my ferry link sell up, which ended up with the french being out of a job, If I was in the same boat (Excuse the pun) as them, I would kick up a stink just like them, at least they stick together, also like to add Sorry for you who is stuck in it, but it’s not like you haven’t been told it’s on.

I’m also affected by it daily, but I just plan for it.

Hopefully the elected crooks in parliament will keep their big noses out in future.

bigvern1:

So the immigrants are our problem to deal with then.

hedg70:

bigvern1:

love the strait talk,

It’s true you can’t shut the uk off to europe, it’s a stupid idea and as for stack, it’s our government’s fault, the competition and markets authority made my ferry link sell up, which ended up with the french being out of a job, If I was in the same boat (Excuse the pun) as them, I would kick up a stink just like them, at least they stick together, also like to add Sorry for you who is stuck in it, but it’s not like you haven’t been told it’s on.

I’m also affected by it daily, but I just plan for it.

Hopefully the elected crooks in parliament will keep their big noses out in future.

Who mentioned shutting off Europe?
And is Parliament throwing another £7 million to the French to boost security the answer?

Shutting the port is a stupid idea. Tons of food comes into this country from Europe, fancy doing without? Thought so. :unamused:

mrginge:

I worked for a firm in the early 90’s running to romainia and was told if we being forced to stop just run them down . It’s an awful lot easier said than done !

bigvern1:
Shutting the port is a stupid idea. Tons of food comes into this country from Europe, fancy doing without? Thought so. :unamused:

How does shutting 1 port until the French sort the problem stop the rest of Europe coming, Calais isn’t the only exit point.