Question About class 2 Tanker job

Hi , got question, does anyone know about class 2 rigid tanker job anything ? I mean How its looks like and what kind of places they deliver fuel , and what is the size of lorry for tanker ? I thing it smaller than 18 t big pallets rigid trucks because I see them a lot on the road and they are not that big. And how many drops per day they do is that local job or very long distance and how many hours per day ? Did any one work at rigid class 2 tanker anywhere ? wait for answer thank you .

Very varied job, delivering to domestic premises, farms, building sites, taxi bus and haulage companies, garage forecourts etc. (anyone who uses fuel). one day you might have up to 3 full loads with 1 drop per load, next day you might have domestic deliveries, one load with up to 25 drops. usually job and knock, summer time you might only get perhaps 30 hours in per week (paid for 40) but winter you probably looking 55 to 60 hrs. Wages around 30 k per year.

You talking gas or oil? Am on the gas but diesel/oil fuels will cover the same areas.

Luka500:
…what kind of places they deliver fuel…

As said, garage forecourts/hotels/caravan sites/farms/YHAs/MoD sites/houses in the middle of absolutely nowhere.

Luka500:
…and what is the size of lorry for tanker?..

About a half on an inch narrower than somebody’s 300 year old gateposts. :open_mouth: We have 12t to 44t.

Luka500:
…And how many drops per day they do is that local job or very long distance…

Between 1 and 15 drops a day over a 120 mile radius. If over Stranraer way, up to 3.5 hours to first drop, then 3.5 hours back after the last.

Luka500:
…and how many hours per day?..

Up to 15, especially in winter! :wink:

Luka500:
…Did any one work at rigid class 2 tanker anywhere?..

Still do, anywhere off the beaten track. And I mean absolutely ANYWHERE!

On target for £30k this year, but most of it’s earned over the winter. Come April (end of the financial year/tonnage targets) it’ll be a lot quieter, 7 weeks leave and ■■■■-out time til October-ish.
Having a Planner who knows what the ■■■■ he’s doing helps however, if we didn’t cover the Lake District and the stunning places we get to (I’ve got my eyes on one or two places for when the 6 numbers come up), I’d happily go back to lugging internet crap up and down the motorway tomorrow.

Double post. :unamused:

Pulling hose reel thru gardens full of dog dirt, or farmyards full of cows muck, filling barrels & machines on sites, can be a dirty job, expect £10-12 p/h & anything up to 30 drops if firm does a kero top up service.

As for pulling hose through gardens full of dog dirt, just politely refuse, and say you will come back when the garden is cleaned up.

It’s a great job it you get with the right firm.
I know several drivers who do no more that 7 to 10 drops localish and Monday to Friday days and earn between 40 and 50 k All legal.

MAVERICK73:
It’s a great job it you get with the right firm.
I know several drivers who do no more that 7 to 10 drops localish and Monday to Friday days and earn between 40 and 50 k All legal.

40-50k■■? I seriously think you’re having your leg pulled!

I know it for a fact.

MAVERICK73:
I know it for a fact.

So who do you work for or your friends work for?

I’m on rigid gas tankers and nowhere near 40 to 50k.

MAVERICK73:
I know it for a fact.

I did that job for a number of years & we were always the poor relation compared to the mainline artic drivers. Who do these mates drive for then?

Ridgid fuel tanker. 40 50 k achieved no nights the odd sat morning for 1 job and no nights. Plus your normal 4 and a half weeks holiday.

MAVERICK73:
Ridgid fuel tanker. 40 50 k achieved no nights the odd sat morning for 1 job and no nights. Plus your normal 4 and a half weeks holiday.

Yes yes yes…I know the basics of the job VERY well fella, what we’re asking, is the name of this firm which pays these fantastic sums for class 2 drivers. I drove tankers for 18 years & have several mates in the game still & none of them are on that kind of money for monday-friday dayshift on a class 2 tanker.

I await your reply

What ADR course/courses must you do to drive tankers? How much to do■■?

Unfortunately that piece of information is definitely not to be advertised.

MAVERICK73:
Unfortunately that piece of information is definitely not to be advertised.

I didn’t think it would be, just confirms the fact that either you or your buddies are dreamers! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ValleysTrucker:

Core module plus class 3 in tanks module, assuming you’re talking about fuel oils/petrol (gas is a different module)

Well if that is the case,
I must be living the Dream.

ValleysTrucker:

Another one bites… :unamused:

MAVERICK73:
Well if that is the case,
I must be living the Dream.

Without a doubt. You’re not alone on here though, every time someone claims unbelievable sums paid for certain jobs always results in the company name being top secret. The problem you have on a forum like this, is that there will be drivers who know the ins & outs of the type of work involved, & the salary range.

Not sure you’re living the dream though, if it’s your mates that work there, lol. wakey wakey fella :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: