Question About class 2 Tanker job

busteredwards:

MAVERICK73:
Well if that is the case,
I must be living the Dream.

Without a doubt. You’re not alone on here though, every time someone claims unbelievable sums paid for certain jobs always results in the company name being top secret. The problem you have on a forum like this, is that there will be drivers who know the ins & outs of the type of work involved, & the salary range.

Not sure you’re living the dream though, if it’s your mates that work there, lol. wakey wakey fella :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

+1

I’m on gas tankers not with flogas or calor and my yearly salary is 34k pa max 48hrs for a wtd period no poa and breaks paid for. Mon to Fri only do early starts to suit me but not before 4am :wink: no Sats unless emergency call out ( allowance paid).
So you cant work for either of these 2 companies cos if a job comes up where I work then their drivers apply for it! :question:
I do get a bonus but I don’t class it as part of my yearly wage, bonus is as its name suggests.

To go back to the op… to get on at a good company be it fuel or any gases is pretty much a case of waiting for dead man shoe’s and being in the right place at the right time.

TiredAndEmotional:

ValleysTrucker:
What ADR course/courses must you do to drive tankers? How much to do■■?

Another one bites… :unamused:

No bite here fella simply just asking question of what adr course you do for tanker work■■? :question:

Ok, thank you very much for answers , what about class 1 tanker driver job ? does anyone know anything about that how many drops , hours and salary ?

Luka500:
Ok, thank you very much for answers , what about class 1 tanker driver job ? does anyone know anything about that how many drops , hours and salary ?

The whole hours, salary thing will depend on who you’re working for. Some jobs will be straight day shift stuff, others will do various shifts. Usually one drop per load, but not always. Stobarts are paying class one fuel tanker drivers just over a tenner per hour here in Grangemouth!!

Best one I’ve seen so far…

indeed.co.uk/viewjob?jk=691 … mendedjobs

It’s an hour at least, traveling for me though to get there…

Goldfinger:

I wouldn’t worry too much that you might be missing out on something it’s an agency advert so highly unlikely the job is real!

Any other opinions ?

Luka500:
Any other opinions ?

Yes, just this- the tanker game isn’t as good as it was several years ago when the big hitters (BP, Shell etc) had all their own drivers & wages were seriously good. It’s pretty much all gone to contractors these days & that means cost cutting to get contracts & as such, wages ain’t anything like they were. I can earn more driving fridges for Asda than some tanker drivers are earning locally.