Question about 'beeping' sound in cab

keith 2:
Ha, this is not a joke,as a fitter a driver came in asking about the bleeping in his cab,went out ,traced fault to his alarm clock I his bag :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: keith

hahahahaha :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

am I going to feature on such wall of shame?

Permanently. You are agency…

I jest naturally :laughing: but in all seriousness, they don’t have telematics for fun-zies. They will be looking at your scores and even though you are “only” an agency driver, they will tell you if you have fallen foul too many times.

F-reds:

I jest naturally :laughing: but in all seriousness, they don’t have telematics for fun-zies. They will be looking at your scores and even though you are “only” an agency driver, they will tell you if you have fallen foul too many times.

oh dear… :blush:

nobodysdriving:

F-reds:

oh dear… :blush:

Don’t worry, they will just put you across their knee & spank your bottom !!

If it is a euro6 motor you have the driver assist on the dash …You will get a % of how well you drive on the bottom of the dash ,and you will get prompts ,ie if you coast more ie take foot of throttle and coast up to junctions it will show screen with ticks and a message saying how good you are … :laughing: As for the beep I wouldn’t know I just fix them and don’t drive them except on roadtests,and most of them are on the motorway ,definitely not London :laughing: :laughing: …maybe im just more professional (joking )

has someone set the alarm clock by any chance.

steviebyday:
has someone set the alarm clock by any chance.

It would be an unusual alarm clock that could detect when the truck was pulling off from a standing start…

I would of thought it was obvious being a Royal Mail truck, the buzzer is to remind you that need to be driving like a knob at all times.

Actually, as it’s a Daf with automatic transmission and the beeping is only ever heard when pulling off from a standing start, it’s probably the bloke in the car behind getting all impatient while the Daf gearbox decides which gear to use, selects it and finally actually starts the thing moving. The times when no sound is heard is simply because there’s no-one behind (or they have actually fallen asleep waiting for the aforementioned gearbox to get its act together).

Roymondo:
Actually, as it’s a Daf with automatic transmission and the beeping is only ever heard when pulling off from a standing start, it’s probably the bloke in the car behind getting all impatient while the Daf gearbox decides which gear to use, selects it and finally actually starts the thing moving. The times when no sound is heard is simply because there’s no-one behind (or they have actually fallen asleep waiting for the aforementioned gearbox to get its act together).

It could be the gearbox using the beep as an alarm to wake the driver up after he’s fell asleep waiting for gear selection :smiley:

I delivered a DAF unit last year and had the pleasure of using the ■■■-Chronic gearbox. Even solo it was horrific. Dread to think what it’s like with a trailer on. Kind of got used to it after a while but nowhere near as smooth as Merc or Volvo.

Sometimes if you have a forward facing camera and the memory card is full of needs formatting it beeps warning you it needs checking?

I drive one every day. If anything, it’s actually worse when running empty or solo. Had an Iveco hired unit while mine was away having a lie-down in a darkened room and it was much nicer to drive. Then again, with over a million kilometres on the clock she’s getting a bit tired now.

smokinbarrels:
Sometimes if you have a forward facing camera and the memory card is full of needs formatting it beeps warning you it needs checking?

But only when moving off from a standing start…?

Roymondo:

If you think the DAF is bad, try one of the IVECO W&D’s we have to put up with sometimes, Seriously, you could post the gearbox a letter requesting your gear preference & I am confident it would be quicker

I honestly feel that these things are dangerous

Roymondo:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i think you may be right, they are ‘pain’!!!

driven a volvo automatic on wednesday (UK Mail) and so much better!

18.50 ph for RM deckers…proper money…nice one rm

Roymondo:

smokinbarrels:

But only when moving off from a standing start…?

I was thinking it could be a dash cam. They beep to let you know its recording an event. Ours are a bit over sensitive though, and beep when you hit the slightest bump in the road etc. Braking and pulling away can sometimes makes it beep too.

Just to add another although the dash cam I can agree with, I regularly drive a MAN and that has an annoying beep but tracked it down to the radio if you have TA on and it cant receive it on the radio channel your listening to it beeps, also if anything comes up on the dash it will beep as well, failing that a good set of ear defenders works :smiley: or sing louder.

mercury:
18.50 ph for RM deckers…proper money…nice one rm

They were advertising in the local paper recently. £18ph on agency, Think it was Pertemps. Personal circumstances prevent me from switching jobs at the moment but when that changes I wouldn’t mind me some of that.

It’s just enough money to put up with driving a DAF :smiley:

I wondered if it was your phone letting you know it had received a text.
Probably sent from the truck asking you to confirm you meant to use the accelerator.