Question About A 10 Hour Drive On A Sunday Night

My week usually starts on a Sunday evening about 2000 hours and this shift finishes about 0900 on Monday morning.Now I understand that any driving I do before 0000 is added to driving time in week 1 and after 0001 to week 2…but if I do a 10 hour drive on this shift is it taken as one of my two allowed in week 1 or week 2 :confused: :confused: :confused: …ive looked through the VOSA drivers hours booklet but cant find any reference to it .

Blissy:
My week usually starts on a Sunday evening about 2000 hours and this shift finishes about 0900 on Monday morning.Now I understand that any driving I do before 0000 is added to driving time in week 1 and after 0001 to week 2…but if I do a 10 hour drive on this shift is it taken as one of my two allowed in week 1 or week 2 :confused: :confused: :confused: …ive looked through the VOSA drivers hours booklet but cant find any reference to it .

At risk of doing a Rog and guessing. I would suggest this may be the piece of legislation that covers it, provided that I can reverse the last sentence.

(k) ‘daily driving time’ means the total accumulated driving
time between the end of one daily rest period and the
beginning of the following daily rest period or between a
daily rest period and a weekly rest period;

Reversed, it would say “between a weekly rest period and a daily rest period”

So as you can do six driving periods between two weekly rest periods I would suggest the 10 hours comes in “week two” as you cannot drive 10 or even 4.01 hours from your Sunday start of 20:00 in “week one”

I wait to be suitably reprimanded for guessing :stuck_out_tongue:

I think I remember the answer to this question :smiley:

The extended (10 hour) driving day is in the week where the driver went to 9.01 of driving time

If 9.01 was reached before midnight Sunday then it is in the week before and if the 9.01 is reached after midnight then it is in the week after

Awaits to see if I remember correctly…

Blissy:

In your case you will have used up one of your extended or 10 hour driving days for week 2.

ROG:
I think I remember the answer to this question :smiley:

The extended (10 hour) driving day is in the week where the driver went to 9.01 of driving time

If 9.01 was reached before midnight Sunday then it is in the week before and if the 9.01 is reached after midnight then it is in the week after

Awaits to see if I remember correctly…

You did indeed remember correctly grasshopper, exactly as I have put it several times on here before and how I would have answered it this time. :wink:

How come you can’t remember like that more often? :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:
How come you can’t remember like that more often?

Probably because it’s simple to my way of thinking :laughing:

ROG:

Coffeeholic:
How come you can’t remember like that more often?

Probably because it’s simple to my way of thinking :laughing:

So what you are saying is that when it comes to thinking you are simple? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

C’mon, you walked into that one. :wink:

Coffeeholic:
So what you are saying is that when it comes to thinking you are simple? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

YES :smiley:

Something you pointed out, quite rightly, in another post is that I have a lack of comprehension for the overall legalese of the regulations and this is true for most legally written stuff but I do have a fairly good grasp for sections of the regs and how they apply to most simple everyday driving situations - my mind works in mysterious ways :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

As you have seen from many posts, I tend to require a full breakdown of what happened whereas others like your self can do it from the question that was written and the info that it contained.
Each to their own :smiley:

Cheers for the replies guys I will work it like that from now on .

Blissy:

all you have done is use 6 hours up on day 1 if you drive 4 hours on the monday then you have used a 10 in a 24 hour period ie 00-00 till 00-00 easy way to remember is what you drive after midnight knock off that days driving allowance

ROG:
I do have a fairly good grasp for sections of the regs and how they apply to most simple everyday driving situations

Then why do you need the regulations explained to you in such detail and why if you have such a good grasp of the regulations do you so often have to rely on your memory of what others have said.

Even in this thread you’ve stated that “I think I remember the answer” to the question

Sorry, but given how many threads are dragged out over several pages because of you needing everything explained and sometimes the bullcrap you write I just don’t get it :confused:

Look at the other long thread currently going on in this forum, complicated mainly by the crap you’ve written about an alleged conversation with a union rep :unamused:

tachograph:
Then why do you need the regulations explained to you in such detail and why if you have such a good grasp of the regulations do you so often have to rely on your memory of what others have said.

That’s how I learn and then pass on the info learnt (or is that learned?)

The first answer given might be THE defintive answer but then, if I don’t think it seems logical or reasonable to me, I will put another point of view and ask why that is not the case

It’s not always the case of not accepting the definitive but wanting to know why it has been demed so

It’s a bit like when the kiddy asks why and the parent replies because - this kid wants to know what is behind the because

ROG:

tachograph:

That’s how I learn and then pass on the info learnt (or is that learned?)

So you have a good grasp of the regulations but you prefer to rely on your memory of what others have said :confused:

Fair enough I suppose :unamused:

tachograph:
So you have a good grasp of the regulations but you prefer to rely on your memory of what others have said

Grasp of the simple basic drivers rules would be more accurate
Relying on what has been said by others especially where the regs do not spell it out in blcak and white.
This extending of the 9 hour driving rule for example as asked in this thread.
The regs do give the answer but not in a way that I easily recognise.
Had it been written - any extension of the 9 hour driving is deemed to be in the week in which the extension over 9 hours occured - then I would have got that from the regs themselves

ROG:
The first answer given might be THE defintive answer but then, if I don’t think it seems logical or reasonable to me, I will put another point of view and ask why that is not the case

It’s not always the case of not accepting the definitive but wanting to know why it has been demed so

It’s a bit like when the kiddy asks why and the parent replies because - this kid wants to know what is behind the because

You might think it’s BS but that serves to quantify what I’ve been saying - each individual has their own way of thinking about things which, in turn, gives them their perspective on it

ROG:
Had it been written - any extension of the 9 hour driving is deemed to be in the week in which the extension over 9 hours occured - then I would have got that from the regs themselves

But that is almost how it’s written.

The ROG:
any extension of the 9 hour driving is deemed to be in the week in which the extension over 9 hours occured

The REGS:
the daily driving time may be extended to at most 10 hours not more than twice during the week.

Those two things say exactly the same thing!!

Coffeeholic:

They MEAN the same but are not written the same which was the point I was making in regard to the way I comprehend things :slight_smile:

ROG:

Coffeeholic:

They MEAN the same but are not written the same which was the point I was making in regard to the way I comprehend things :slight_smile:

I have always assumed English was your first language, i am obviously mistaken and apologise for my assumption. :wink:

ROG:

Coffeeholic:

First you say you’re remembering what other people say, then you say you have “a fairly good grasp for sections of the regs” and now you say you can’t understand them unless they’re interpreted for you.

I’m confused :confused: