q

I

Good on you for landing that but it’d bore the crap out of me doing the same run every day.

I deliver animal feeds to farms, mostly around south and mid Wales, but across the south and west of England too in the game season. I’m countryside born and bred so a bit of cow ■■■■ doesn’t bother me, nor do farm lanes. Money’s good enough and a resonably good firm to work for; hopefully it’ll see me through to retirement.

I like my job, the flies in the ointment are in departmental politics that filter down to us, and planning that has no concept of geography or what a 44t wagon can carry let alone fit on it.
That said as drivers we have the ultimate decision and it is respected, either about the load and the dubious planning.
We get requested to be at certain places for timed delivery/collections but if we can’t make it a phone call sorts it.
For the most part we are left to sort ourselves out after the office is reinformed about what we can, can’t and will not do.
If the departments talked and cooperated with each other this would be the perfect job, … But it grinds.
I like the challenges and variety of places, some outstanding most tight and (trying not to swear) ■■■■ holes, delivering forklift trucks and random related stuff, own account so we are not there to make a profit, thank god :smiley:

Well done :grimacing:

Mines a good job, but spoilt by the muppets in charge, and a draconian disciplinary policy.

papermonkey:
Mines a good job, but spoilt by the muppets in charge, and a draconian disciplinary policy.

Dejavue every office should have them

Love my job. The planners are spot on (usually) and send me in different directions. Up to Scotland, down to Devon, maybe throw in a South East/London :confused: but you’ve gotta do your fair share of the crap. I personally love the farm work/garden centres. Drive in, teleporter driver sat waiting (as I’ve rung ahead), open curtains, tip, sign paperwork and outta there, no hanging about. Means I’m in control of things and can usually plan my day and where I’m gonna park up to suit me and get parked up in the best space around 16:00 in an empty truck stop.

Hate my job. Bloke in office is a tool. Get paid peanuts.

happysack:

If you’ve got a gripe take it to your boss and see if you can reach a deal, most bosses are ok if you’re straight with them. Its unbelieveable how many drivers moan to other drivers day in day out without actually doing something about it.

Tris:

happysack:

If you’ve got a gripe take it to your boss and see if you can reach a deal, most bosses are ok if you’re straight with them. Its unbelieveable how many drivers moan to other drivers day in day out without actually doing something about it.

Sorry. My laconic sense of humour didn’t reach you.

I’m on fuel but not for one of the big players its not the best money but we are left to get on with it i wouldent get a call all week without good reason so im happy enough ,there’s a lot to be said for not having some idiot on the phone every 5 min maintenance is spot on and i earn above average

happysack:

Tris:

happysack:

Dour Scotchman and sense of humour aren’t really compatible mate. :wink:

Tris:

happysack:

Tris:

happysack:

Dour Scotchman and sense of humour aren’t really compatible mate. :wink:

Worse I’m ■■■■■■■■■

Well done for landing that excellent number.

Only my opinion, but i wouldn’t have named the company for reasons that should be obvious, if they get oversubscribed by those who, shall we say, couldn’t have found their own way there, that good job might not be such a good job in the future.

I love what I do but not for who it’s for at the moment.

Drive a 3 car transporter (truck and trailer) for a finance broker and deliver the cars customers want and collect the next ones that we have bought for delivery to the next customer.

No times scales and not much pressure and being head driver with the only sleeper cab in the 4 vehicle fleet isn’t bad but 21k a year plus a 300 a month bonus for nights out (instead of me claiming each night I do) isn’t really worth the job. I drive everywhere to but it tends to be a lot of long distance driving for 1 car. But the yard is half a mile from my house so walking to work and back is a plus I suppose.

But then the transport side of it makes no money at all just costs and saves at the same time, bloody sales men make the money and keeps me a job but that relies on them doing there job first. Why Iv not had the pay rise Iv wanted since January.

Is it a new contract? If not why did the last driver leave?

mac12:

After spending a year driving from York to Smethwick and back again I can tell you it was probably because he was bored out of his skull and losing the will to live.

Lisasguy tell us if you’re still enjoying it in 6 months time.

mac12:

"

New contract, starts Monday

Can’t beat Saturday morning boasting…if your happy congratulations mate, But as said above give it 6 months :wink:

I wouldn’t say I hate what I do but it is the most boring job I think anyone could do working on a production line.

I miss driving massively but don’t think I could give up my 36 hour week and better pay.

who knows, maybe in a few years I’ll go back to driving