q

I got a decent job away all week though just been Denmark and then down to Brittany France only been office twice in 18 months everything done by email phone and post so suits me

School boy error…

Never boast about your job, now when pay deals come up and your gaffers look at this they’ve got you against a barrel.

I’ll give you an example here btw. My last job we where on 33k somebody mentioned this fact to one of the drivers in our sister depot and he got hold of our full terms and conditions. Photocopied it and stuck it in every single drivers folder at his depot. They where only on 28k for the exact same job.

Guess who never got a payrise for the next 3 years and guess who did…we got held back.

Never show your cards to anyone other than people who are on the same number as you.

LisasGuy:
I think I have found a cracking job driving a bulk barrel tanker for Flowgas & am well pleased. All I have to do is drive an empty tanker from crick to the isle of grain load with LNG & drive back again, then another driver takes it to Sheffield tips it & brings it back, that’s it!!! Oh yeah Flowgas are renting land from Gasrec to bass the truck on, no managers or other Flowgas staff, 45 hours a week guaranteed no matter how quick I do it & x1.5 if I go over 9 hours, £40k a year, 33 days holiday, pension, life assurance & full sick from day 1. I start Monday, so how good is your job?

Sounds great mate didn’t realise flo pay so much talking to there drivers there basic is only 25k that’s some overtime you got to get to reach 40k I’ve been on LNG for 12 years good job,grain is a good place to load good guys down there you may get lucky and get a run over the water to zeebrugee to load

Don’t really enjoy the job, working for a Jap firm on contract to another Jap firm and I’ve been declined two weeks holiday because it doesn’t fall into the two weeks the factory is shut for… :smiling_imp:
Going to be on the plane at Gatwick anyway… :wink:

Got a fantastic one - 30K, 28 days holiday, sick pay after 1 year, 1.25x overtime and it starts a week Monday, working for Flowgas from Crick, collecting and then delivering to Sheffield in a one-er.

{ring ring}

Oh that’ll be your boss telling you your job and the other guys has been merged as they’ve found someone to do it cheaper. :smiling_imp:

Does sound like you’ve landed a very good job there, but would go with the suggestions of not mentioning the company as there’s always someone else who’ll undercut you. Hope it goes well and all their promises are fulfilled.

“How good is your job?”

Mines great thanks!

Glad you have found something you think is good. At the end of the day as long as you are happy, that’s all that counts. I never post specifics for two reasons:

1. Not everyone is paid the same necessarily, so I don’t want to upset anyone at my place unduly, to assume they are on the same T&C’s as me would be naïve I reckon.

2. On here it doesn’t matter how good your T&C’s are, someone always has a bigger ■■■■ :wink:

Why do drivers have tell the world what they earn, who cares, who is interested, post a copy of your pay slip, or you are talking betty bollacks about 40 and 30 thousand a year.
Muppets ?

Mine’s a job I have chosen to go back to, after being paid buttons for driving bigger things. That’s the downside of living in Devon for ya! :wink:

Is the question about good jobs or good wages? Good wages, yeah 40k is good. And whats a good job?? Interest? Variety? Cant wait to finish and get back home, or spend an half hour with work mates? Well, different things for us all I s`pose.
You pays (or receive) your money and takes your choice.

Juddian:
Only my opinion, but i wouldn’t have named the company for reasons that should be obvious…

+1

Bless the OP, coming on here like a dog with two dicks, blissfully unaware of the damage he’s done. :laughing:

LisasGuy:
I think I have found a cracking job driving a bulk barrel tanker for Flowgas & am well pleased. All I have to do is drive an empty tanker from crick to the isle of grain load with LNG & drive back again, then another driver takes it to Sheffield tips it & brings it back, that’s it!!! Oh yeah Flowgas are renting land from Gasrec to bass the truck on, no managers or other Flowgas staff, 45 hours a week guaranteed no matter how quick I do it & x1.5 if I go over 9 hours, £40k a year, 33 days holiday, pension, life assurance & full sick from day 1. I start Monday, so how good is your job?

Awesome job, well done, and I hope it lasts till you retire :smiley:

Considering I live in the USA, I think I have probably the best company drivers jobs that doesn’t involve staying away from home for weeks on end or manual labour.I take liquid sugar from NYC to Ben & Jerry in Vermont but with one other drop at one point midweek. It can vary in the way I run it… This week I have a loaded tanker across the road which I will deliver at 23.00 on Sunday night, I will then go down to NYC with at least a 2 hour sleeper break during the night. At about 2.00 am Tuesday I will hook to a loaded tanker and go back to B&J, then go home for the night, Wednesday I will run down to NYC and probably hook to another load for Winchester Virginia and run to about the Hershey area for the night at a truck stop, deliver Winchester next morning and run up to just north of Philadelphia for another 10 hours off, then hook to a load fir Friday afternoon at B&J. I should be home by about 5.00pm and off for 3 days, my next one after that should be Tuesday morning and it all stats over again. I get a minimum weekly wage plus bonuses etc and extra if I go over. We get a minimum of $75k a year but poor holidays (10 a year) we still get more than most and no other US company comes near. I may have to pull a hose out a Ben & Jerry’s now and then.

Love my job. No stress, no rushing. 50 hours a week. 4 nights out. Home most Fridays around 1pm

I work in a holiday camp, the only thing missing is the redcoats and the knobbly knees contest.

LisasGuy:

I love guys like this, Gods gift to road haulage! And the are setting the mark, being novices!
Bear in mind that from the gas refuelling station at Crick to Isle of Grain is 128 miles so that’s roughly 2h45 each way around the North side of the M25. So that works out at 6 hours minimum driving time, vehicle checks 1 hour, break 1 hour and 2 loading. On a clear day, on the M25. Via Dartford. I can guarantee that the OP will want to trim five minutes off the complete journey week by week so that the hourly rate “increases after three months.”
Obviously the OP has landed on his feet with this job and is the only doing this work and will be fully up to speed after day two.
Excuse my cynical views but I’m as long in the tooth as Robroy so deal with it.
When people speak about earning £■■ k or £■■ grand, its usually a good indication that they are not earning that figure.
Excuse my cynical views but I’m as negative as Robroy.

beanie:

LisasGuy:

I love guys like this, Gods gift to road haulage! And the are setting the mark, being novices!
Bear in mind that from the gas refuelling station at Crick to Isle of Grain is 128 miles so that’s roughly 2h45 each way around the North side of the M25. So that works out at 6 hours minimum driving time, vehicle checks 1 hour, break 1 hour and 2 loading. On a clear day, on the M25. Via Dartford. I can guarantee that the OP will want to trim five minutes off the complete journey week by week so that the hourly rate “increases after three months.”
Obviously the OP has landed on his feet with this job and is the only doing this work and will be fully up to speed after day two.
When people speak about earning £■■ k or £■■ grand, its usually a good indication that they are not earning that figure.

Also from grain you can’t go through the tunnel as LNG is banned so it’s the long way round the 25 and back up the m1 :frowning:

Thank you to Happy Sole for that. I’m a non practicing ADR holder!
So now the days have got longer by going round the M25 the long way and the 9 hour days have turned into 12 hours or even a 15 on a Friday!

beanie:

beanie:

A bit harsh. Robroy hasn’t even commented on this thread yet!

His reputation precedes him. :laughing:

Contraflow:

beanie:

beanie:

A bit harsh. Robroy hasn’t even commented on this thread yet!

His reputation precedes him. :laughing:

No criticism of the views expressed here, more a question of terminology, but is RobRoy a cynic or a realist?? Any points gained in replies will go towards candidates end of term “grumpy ole git” score. Sorry, that is candidates comprehension assessments.

My jobs as boring as he’ll same runs every day but money is good and hours suit