Pulling the pin when parked

Was told earlier on that at a truck stop last night some random bloke was pulling the pins. At least 3 ended up on the floor. God knows why someone would do that…but make sure you check them folks on your morning walk round. Don’t want it happening to you!

Were they stobart trailers because that would not surprise me, drivers in the republic of ireland working for stobart had to check every time the trailer was out of there sight, i think thats why he could not wait to get out of ireland

Shouldnt have to do it but ive swopped the dog clip on the chain for a lock, have always done this on all my trucks ever since i became an O/D years ago.

Honestly lowest of the low. Folk on here have actually admitted to doing it! Grab the cab tilting pole and beat the ■■■■ out of anyone you see doing it. Few cracks to the face they’ll never forget.

merc0447:
Honestly lowest of the low. Folk on here have actually admitted to doing it! Grab the cab tilting pole and beat the [zb] out of anyone you see doing it. Few cracks to the face they’ll never forget.

Worse than admitting it, they justified it! Having been a victim of it, it’s a ■■■■■ trick.

Had it done to me once, should have their licence taken away.

The sooner the human race is wiped out, the better. I much prefer animals to people.

I’m always checking mine when it’s left unattended it takes all of about 1 second to do just before you jump back in the cab .

bald bloke:
I’m always checking mine when it’s left unattended it takes all of about 1 second to do just before you jump back in the cab .

Yep, always check it when I’ve been away from the lorry.

Like you say, 2 seconds is all it takes. First thing I check on my morning walk round too.

A.

Had my pin pulled in the yard a few weekends ago

happysack:

Your own yard? One of your fellow drivers then?

AndrewG:

happysack:

Your own yard? One of your fellow drivers then?

Jealousy. It’s a cruel infliction.

Had this happen to me when i worked for Stobarts in the early '90’s.

I actually caught the guy in the act of pulling the pin on my truck.

I can’t put on here what i did to him…

eagerbeaver:
The sooner the human race is wiped out, the better. I much prefer animals to people.

+1.AMEN TO THAT… :slight_smile:

I think the guy at the bottom of millers bridge/ rimrose Road bootle today, will blame someone for that… The trailer slipped right off the fifth wheel and over the footpath crushing the railings, bleedin lucky no one was walking past. :unamused:

eagerbeaver:

■■■■ right too beaver,only charity’s I donate to are animal ones oh and air ambulance (you never know).

A classic example of ■■■■ dregs becoming drivers nowadays.
I often check mine now since I was made aware of these arse wipes, something I never did except for first thing AM before setting off.
How ■■■■ sad is that.

Wasn’t there one on here who admitted to it, got dog’s abuse and then done the usual back pedalling or did I just make that up?
Anybody?

I don’t have the license to worry about a dog clip. But if MY truck leaves my sight, then I walk round it before I get in the cab, it takes seconds, and it puts MY mind at rest that MY truck is good to go, and nothing is hanging off, or been half inched.

Should I have to do it? No of course not… But I’m also a realist. If you drop a trailer unless there has been a mechanical failure of some sorts, then there is only one person liable. And it’s not the ■■■■■■ that pulled the pin.

eagerbeaver:

Sounds like you have a bit of EX bus driver anger in you…■■?

Never been a bus driver, just simply fed up with the deterioration of society.

And the only time I get angry is when I drop toast and it lands butter side down.