Pulled with traffics last night

So the law is now in place for police to stop anyone.

2a.m pulled over.

I have a letter to state i am an essential worker as i am in the food supply trade.

Couple minutes chat. Take care on your way.

Il punch your reg into computer for future reference ge said. I told him to expect to see me every night as im 7 days.

Hopefully they will start doing the same with all non essential travellers to get them to stop goig out everyday for a pint of milk and a half loaf.

Do a weekly shop once a week and ise your local shopf for essentials guys. Us lorrys drivers sacragice a big chunk of our lives to cabin fever. Welcome to the dark side.

You can’t buy the sun once a week , it’s printed
Every day

You can’t buy the sun once a week , it’s printed
Every day

At least they have actually started to do something. twice now I have seen people out and about in large groups (one lot was playing with a pair of dogs the other was people having a picnic) with a cop car not 2 foot from them with the cops sat in it.

Yesterday in London…

As I came out of Sainsbury’s RDC, the local car wash was in full swing complete with about 8 of the usual suspects who’s first language isn’t English and a long queue of cars waiting.

Today is the first time I’ve seen a significant change in people queuing outside the supermarkets, barriers where erected so foot traffic flowed in/out separately and people stood 6ft apart, with one person in & one out, there was staff there to ensure compliance. At my local Tesco they even coned off alternate parking spaces especially in the area close to the store entrance

cgscott:
So the law is now in place for police to stop anyone.

2a.m pulled over.

I have a letter to state i am an essential worker as i am in the food supply trade.

Couple minutes chat. Take care on your way.

Il punch your reg into computer for future reference ge said. I told him to expect to see me every night as im 7 days.

Hopefully they will start doing the same with all non essential travellers to get them to stop goig out everyday for a pint of milk and a half loaf.

Do a weekly shop once a week and ise your local shopf for essentials guys. Us lorrys drivers sacragice a big chunk of our lives to cabin fever. Welcome to the dark side.

Went out this morning to the local bakers for my regular Saturday bread order which is always kept for me with no problem for over 20 years.Nothing.Now I’ve got to go out again to find some to make a bacon sandwich which will be my only meal today and a bit of toast tomorrow.Also shopping for older friends and family who’s needs don’t all line up for one shopping trip even if the shops had the stuff when you get there.The rules actually say we can go out for provisions every day.While even if I had the cash and the shops had the stuff to bulk buy then you’d call it panic buying. :unamused:

yourhavingalarf:
Yesterday in London…

As I came out of Sainsbury’s RDC, the local car wash was in full swing complete with about 8 of the usual suspects who’s first language isn’t English and a long queue of cars waiting.

And they can’t work out why the highest concentration of the virus is in London, multiple room occupancy, has nothing to do with

Letter in today’s Daily Telegraph from the owner of an animal feeds business in Beulieu, Hants. stating that two lorry drivers had been stopped delivering to his premises.

My reply;

"In these times there is no guarantee that what’s on the side of the lorry refers to what it’s carrying. If, as I suspect, the lorries concerned were pulling trailers which were not signwritten, it is not unreasonable for the police to enforce a brief check on the driver, more I suspect to ensure that he and his load are legit than for any other reason.

I work in the same business as a driver. Haven’t come across this myself but there may be other reasons peculiar to the locality; it’s not far from Southampton docks for a start, has there been a spate of thefts of or from trailers?

One other thing; there is currently a derogation from standard drivers hours for the likes of supermarket deliveries. This does not, as yet, apply to our sector; it is perfectly possible that part of the check may have been to establish whether or not the drivers or their employers were trying to “pull a fast one” and use that derogation when they’re not entitled to.

I can understand the complaint but so long as the drivers weren’t overly delayed, it’s hardly worth writing to the newspapers about it."

Haven’t heard from any colleagues at my own mill as to whether they’d been stopped; I’m currently a 14 day self-isolation since Monday so can’t speak for myself. Police have however turned about 200 vehicles back in Carmarthenshire on Friday, mostly camper vans and caravanners heading for the coast.

Anyone else actually been pulled over in the lorry for a spot check?

cooper1203:
At least they have actually started to do something. twice now I have seen people out and about in large groups (one lot was playing with a pair of dogs the other was people having a picnic) with a cop car not 2 foot from them with the cops sat in it.

Certainly upping things here in scotland.

I expect to be pulled again no doubt as shift swaps etc but i just hope they inplement anpr recognition to see who is actually out and about more than needed.

My old mans going stir crazy. Worked 6 days a week for years. Never seen a man in such a state. Stay indoors stay safe and ride the wave. Mate told me other night noone should be at work. Told him if vital supply chains stop we would be dead by next weekend. More death rates than we are seeing now

Calm down.

God bless if bombs were landing on us.

I look forward to my other half being pulled on Wednesday driving me to an interview in Avonmouth :laughing: :laughing:
She’s only driving me because our car failed the MoT and our neighbours lent us one of their cars and I’m not insured on it :wink:

DAF95XF:
I look forward to my other half being pulled on Wednesday driving me to an interview in Avonmouth :laughing: :laughing:
She’s only driving me because our car failed the MoT and our neighbours lent us one of their cars and I’m not insured on it :wink:

You will get done for no insurance. As is stands not everthing is exempt from law.

Crime will go up in next few weeks no doubt. Peoplw will die. Then in 6 moths the world will trade as usual with a few different policies.

need to get a grip of the teenagers hanging out round shops in gangs,Iv seen 3 today on my way to supermarket

Gonna need to give my van a run in the next week.
Needs 10 mins of constant motorway speeds once a fortnight…to keep the dpf clean.

Sidevalve:
Letter in today’s Daily Telegraph from the owner of an animal feeds business in Beulieu, Hants. stating that two lorry drivers had been stopped delivering to his premises.

My reply;

"In these times there is no guarantee that what’s on the side of the lorry refers to what it’s carrying. If, as I suspect, the lorries concerned were pulling trailers which were not signwritten, it is not unreasonable for the police to enforce a brief check on the driver, more I suspect to ensure that he and his load are legit than for any other reason.

I work in the same business as a driver. Haven’t come across this myself but there may be other reasons peculiar to the locality; it’s not far from Southampton docks for a start, has there been a spate of thefts of or from trailers?

One other thing; there is currently a derogation from standard drivers hours for the likes of supermarket deliveries. This does not, as yet, apply to our sector; it is perfectly possible that part of the check may have been to establish whether or not the drivers or their employers were trying to “pull a fast one” and use that derogation when they’re not entitled to.

I can understand the complaint but so long as the drivers weren’t overly delayed, it’s hardly worth writing to the newspapers about it."

Haven’t heard from any colleagues at my own mill as to whether they’d been stopped; I’m currently a 14 day self-isolation since Monday so can’t speak for myself. Police have however turned about 200 vehicles back in Carmarthenshire on Friday, mostly camper vans and caravanners heading for the coast.

The relaxation of driving rules applies to the whole industry gov.uk/government/publicati … elaxations

There was a police checkpoint coming out of Thatcham heading towards Reading this afternoon, it was nice to be waved through a checkpoint for once :smiley:

cgscott:

DAF95XF:
You will get done for no insurance. As is stands not everthing is exempt from law.

Crime will go up in next few weeks no doubt. Peoplw will die. Then in 6 moths the world will trade as usual with a few different policies.

That’s why she’s driving and I’m not, she’s insured third party on other cars and I’m not…

Sidevalve:

My reply;

Relaxation of driver hours now covers all sectors of the industry, it was announced 5 days ago, and all sectors are allowed to run regardless of what they are carrying. Drivers' hours relaxation extended - Compliance News - Commercial Motor

Heard of people getting stopped but not seen anyone so far (heard they are occasionally). Did see a heck of a lot of police cars around the edges of Bradford last night and got followed by 2, but I guess a DD isn’t much interest.

We got letters recently after a driver was stopped on a bus going into work but no idea if they’ll be remotely interested.

DAF95XF:
That’s why she’s driving and I’m not, she’s insured third party on other cars and I’m not…

As long as the other car is fully comp that day then she is. I think you’re allowed 2 people in a car as long as they are related.

Personally I’d take her own insurance cert to prove she can drive it as the police are doing checks on such things (think they might be getting bored). Someone in this area got done for no insurance after getting checked for travel reasons…oops.

Was around birkenhead Friday. And was a few police checkpoints set up stopping cars that were full. Had pedal.bikes on the back etc