Pulled with traffics last night

I’ve not seen any checkpoints yet. Do trucks just get a cheeky wave through? I’d expect to be stopped and asked what I was doing if in my car to work but luckily I have a letter :unamused: from my employer telling people how vital I am to the Covid-19 response effort.

I’ve seen more cops on top of the motorway bridges though

Mazzer2:
it was nice to be waved through a checkpoint for once

I expect it was nice for you.
Only a temporary situation of course…
:smiley:

shullbit:
The relaxation of driving rules applies to the whole industry gov.uk/government/publicati … elaxations

Thanks. Been in self isolation for a week so not at work, wasn’t aware it had been ramped up.

cgscott:
So the law is now in place for police to stop anyone.

2a.m pulled over.

I have a letter to state i am an essential worker as i am in the food supply trade.

Couple minutes chat. Take care on your way.

Il punch your reg into computer for future reference ge said. I told him to expect to see me every night as im 7 days.

Hopefully they will start doing the same with all non essential travellers to get them to stop goig out everyday for a pint of milk and a half loaf.

Do a weekly shop once a week and ise your local shopf for essentials guys. Us lorrys drivers sacragice a big chunk of our lives to cabin fever. Welcome to the dark side.

Presumably all the burglaries and murder cases have been solved.

Mazzer2:
it was nice to be waved through a checkpoint for once :smiley:

Unprecedented times.

Franglais:

Mazzer2:
it was nice to be waved through a checkpoint for once

I expect it was nice for you.
Only a temporary situation of course…
:smiley:

Am sure normal service will be resumed soon enough but it’ll be nice while it lasts :slight_smile:

DAF95XF:

cgscott:

DAF95XF:
You will get done for no insurance. As is stands not everthing is exempt from law.

Crime will go up in next few weeks no doubt. Peoplw will die. Then in 6 moths the world will trade as usual with a few different policies.

That’s why she’s driving and I’m not, she’s insured third party on other cars and I’m not…

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
wait till you try to make a claim…can of worms in some cases.

the insured is allowed to drive other vehicles not hired ectect.
if the other car has insurance,then when its being driven,its insured twice.
before i progressed onto a trade policy i used that statement on the insurance certificate countless times doing a producer at the plod shop for cars i was never insured to drive in the first place.
fortunately your average desk plod is a bean counting moron and just copies down whats written in front of him.

i had a great conversation with my insurance co years ago asking the following question.
“if i insure a mini with you,can i drive my mates ferrari,wreck it,and expect you to pay out on it…answer.no…why not when it clearly states,any vehicle not belonging to me and not hired to me.
it says clearly that im insured,so would you pay out…answer after much consultation,was no,not a chance,it dont matter that it says you would be,but you would deffo not be.”

dieseldog999:

DAF95XF:

cgscott:

DAF95XF:
You will get done for no insurance. As is stands not everthing is exempt from law.

Crime will go up in next few weeks no doubt. Peoplw will die. Then in 6 moths the world will trade as usual with a few different policies.

That’s why she’s driving and I’m not, she’s insured third party on other cars and I’m not…

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
wait till you try to make a claim…can of worms in some cases.

the insured is allowed to drive other vehicles not hired ectect.
if the other car has insurance,then when its being driven,its insured twice.
before i progressed onto a trade policy i used that statement on the insurance certificate countless times doing a producer at the plod shop for cars i was never insured to drive in the first place.
fortunately your average desk plod is a bean counting moron and just copies down whats written in front of him.

i had a great conversation with my insurance co years ago asking the following question.
“if i insure a mini with you,can i drive my mates ferrari,wreck it,and expect you to pay out on it…answer.no…why not when it clearly states,any vehicle not belonging to me and not hired to me.
it says clearly that im insured,so would you pay out…answer after much consultation,was no,not a chance,it dont matter that it says you would be,but you would deffo not be.”

I think most if not all insurance policies which cover driving other vehicles include the words:

“you are covered for third party claims provided the vehicle has its own valid insurance policy”

This means if you crash your mate’s Ferrari into some other innocent party, they will pay the innocent third part but not for the Ferrari.
If your mate has no insurance for the Ferrari in the first place (but is daft enough to lend it to you) you are driving uninsured and pedantic cops could ‘do’ him for allowing you to do so.

This is how I understand it, I may be wrong.