public trouble

hi lads just a quick question (are we the scum of the earth) :open_mouth: thats what a feller in asda said today as i was pulling out in my lowloader just having delivered a sky lift.as i was pulling out he shot infront of me giving me the finger so i got out and he just said you ■■■■■■■ truckers think you own the road you are the scum of the earth and all should be shot is that what we are seen as :frowning:

i would of got back in ya cab an ran right over his car

zb prick

ooo i had that today and i was in a car. The prick cut me up on a roundabout and nearly took the front of all because i was giving a lorry room on a small round about!!! all that because he was held up tut tut

thanks mark h for that lol it would have shut him up i think its just down to patience, car driver have not got any even his soddin wife gave me the finger dozey ■■■■■.all ina days work i suppose :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Why would you be bothered about what one person said :confused:

The fact is that no-one likes being stuck behind a lorry and that includes me when I’m in the car, you were probably unfortunate to meet someone who’s got a chip on his shoulder that’s all :wink:

carpboy:
hi lads just a quick question (are we the scum of the earth) :open_mouth: thats what a feller in asda said today as i was pulling out in my lowloader just having delivered a sky lift.as i was pulling out he shot infront of me giving me the finger so i got out and he just said you [zb] truckers think you own the road you are the scum of the earth and all should be shot is that what we are seen as :frowning:

How i’d love to take the guy to do his weekly shop into a supermarket full of…

emtpy shelves!

Then walk back outside to his car… which wouldn’t be there any longer because it had never been able to be delivered in the first place.

Maybe he’d suggest going to the pub for a beer to think about it all…only to find the pub had no beer.

Never mind, lets grab a burger and a coffee at McDonalds… oh dear, they haven’t got any :question: :question: :question:

tachograph i am not too botherd about what he said the point is i have not been doing hgv driving for long and i was just wondering is that what we are seen as. :blush: :blush: :blush:

Cause everyone is in a rush these days, everyone else time is more important then anyone elses cause of the way people live their lifes.

So anything slowing people down, like a truck is going to be public enemy number one.

Most people prob do hate trucks, see petitions on that government site wanting trucks banned from the motorways during the day, trucks banned from town centres and everything else.

Worst are the greenies who say we should get all trucks off the road and use rail freight instead, which would be handy cause every supermarket, building site, rdc etc… is connected by a railway line and has a freight yard.

Driveroneuk:
Never mind, lets grab a burger and a coffee at McDonalds… oh dear, they haven’t got any :question: :question: :question:

Oh, so there is a plus side to this scenario then, no crap in McDonalds? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Its because most car driving morons dont know anything about lorrys and think we delibratley stay at 55mph, look at the average speed on the motorway nowadays, seems the slowest is 80mph and 100mph has become the new 70mph, time is everything and we’re in the way.

Got beeped and signed at by some clown on the M25 the other day because i was overtaking a line of his fellow car drivers who were doing under 50mph in the slow lane, fast lane was empty yet he couldnt be bothered to overtake til i pulled in :unamused: I invited the guy to pull onto the hard shoulder to talk about it but as usual he just drove off.

Just shout out to him “aye and yer wife was ■■■ last night”

Its not going to get any better…

I am working for a firm this week who make sure you rigidly stick to 40mph on A roads, the abuse i have had from the car driving fraternity has been an eye opener… Up side is a few offers of hand jobs from them, but none seem willing to pull over and carry out thier offer■■? :confused:

If we took up all the offers of the hand jobs we’re offered,we’d get no work done at all!

carpboy:
hi lads just a quick question (are we the scum of the earth) :open_mouth: thats what a feller in asda said today quote]

well why wasnt he at work, was he a dole wallying scrounger with his chaved up slag of a bird.

mickyblue:
ooo i had that today and i was in a car. The prick cut me up on a roundabout and nearly took the front of all because i was giving a lorry room on a small round about!!! all that because he was held up tut tut

must have been a right prick if he didn’t notice the big blue lights on top of your car and the word POLICE written down the side :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I had to block the road for 30 seconds to reverse into a hotel, just as i cleared the road a muppet in a bmw (what a suprise) decided to call me a ■■■■■■ via hand signals, funny he didn’t do it as the road was blocked as I would of got out of the truck and knocked the ■■■■ out :smiling_imp:

Try driving a dustcart to really know how it feels to be hated by the general public, for the unforgivable ‘crime’ of holding then up whilst you take their crap away. I would almost welcome a three month strike just to see them drown in their festering filth :smiley: - Still the school holidays are coming so I will try to get down the roads extra early and make as much noise as possible, just to make sure the ‘little darlings’ are awake nice and early for their bolshie parents :laughing:

Ragnarok:
Try driving a dustcart to really know how it feels to be hated by the general public, for the unforgivable ‘crime’ of holding then up whilst you take their crap away. I would almost welcome a three month strike just to see them drown in their festering filth :smiley: - Still the school holidays are coming so I will try to get down the roads extra early and make as much noise as possible, just to make sure the ‘little darlings’ are awake nice and early for their bolshie parents :laughing:

About binmen, in my area the routes seem to be that between 0800-0900 and 1500-1700 the main arterial routes need to be done, and the housing estates get done between 0900-1500. Now I know the binmen probably have no say in the route but it has always irritated me that the main roads get clogged up by bin lorries when they are busiest.

tofer:
it has always irritated me that the main roads get clogged up by bin lorries when they are busiest.

er… roads blocked by bin lorries, causing inconvenience to whom? HGV’s :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Tiger.

tofer:

Ragnarok:

About binmen, in my area the routes seem to be that between 0800-0900 and 1500-1700 the main arterial routes need to be done, and the housing estates get done between 0900-1500. Now I know the binmen probably have no say in the route but it has always irritated me that the main roads get clogged up by bin lorries when they are busiest.

In my area we are not allowed to start collection until 7am and we can still be out there at 3:30pm on a long day. We hate getting caught up in ‘kiddie hour’ and the rush hours as much as anybody. We much prefer to work outside of peak times and avoid the ignorant, arrogant and aggressive people who are on their own little missions at those times.

Personally, I would prefer to begin collections at 5am, that way we would inconvenience the general public less. However, they would then complain about being woken up on bin day. Unfortunately, the poor old Bin Men cannot win whatever they do.