Public opinion Re The Daily Mail

44 Tonne Ton:

switchlogic:

44 Tonne Ton:

switchlogic:

44 Tonne Ton:

switchlogic:
The Daily Mail is a disgusting publication. I despise it completely. I have a very low opinion of both it and the people who read it.

Open minded and completely without prejudice then! No stereotypes here… :laughing:

Yes I am open minded. Certainly a hell of a lot more open minded than any Daily Mail reader. I’ve read enough Daily Mail articles to know its a disgrace to journalism in this country. Sometimes stereotypes are true. It’s one of he most revolting mainstream newspapers in the world. In my opinion as much as I really dislike News International and always have they are saints compared to that horrible rag.

Can’t you see the contradiction in your first sentence? I can understand you having your likes and dislikes but claiming to be superior to something like a million readers seems a tad high and mighty!

In the words of a well known tennis player, You cannot be serious!

As for anything being a disgrace to journalism I’d have to say a great many journos are a disgrace to the human race…but not all of 'em!

Ah right unlike the Daily Mail and it’s readers who never feel superior and are always humble. Give me a break. It and it’s readers are small minded closed minded sheep who take pleasure in attacking everybody they don’t like, from truck drivers to gay people. Yeah I do feel superior, because I don’t hate everybody that doesn’t conform to their narrow view like they do. I don’t even hate Daily Mail readers, I just pity them.

Wot? Like you’re doing now? Wot’s yer opinion of Guardian readers?

More to the point, as a Daily Mail reader, what’s your opinion of Guardian readers?

Dear Luke, I read the Daily Mail, Guardian and Telegraph when time permits. Which pigeonhole would you like to put me in?

44 Tonne Ton:
Dear Luke, I read the Daily Mail, Guardian and Telegraph when time permits.

Ok if you insist. A Guardian and Daily Mail reader then? I’ll put you in the almost non existent pigeonhole, Dear Mr Ton. :wink:

44 Tonne Ton:

switchlogic:
The Daily Mail is a disgusting publication. I despise it completely. I have a very low opinion of both it and the people who read it.

Open minded and completely without prejudice then! No stereotypes here… :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: Not many Benny :sunglasses:

I buy the Mail on Saturday as it has a cracking weekly TV guide , sorry for being such a low brow racist

homophobic ■■■■, still love the vids though Switchlogic :wink:

Actually there are only two cars infront of the lorries and they are in the sides - so it looks like the lorries slowed down to a safe speed and the cars just drove into them -
but unitl a full investigation is done no one will know - lets hope they do it and release the findings to the public and not bury them
regards
Steve

switchlogic:

44 Tonne Ton:
Dear Luke, I read the Daily Mail, Guardian and Telegraph when time permits.

Ok if you insist. A Guardian and Daily Mail reader then? I’ll put you in the almost non existent pigeonhole, Dear Mr Ton. :wink:

Is there a smidgeon of doubt there? :grimacing:

When that airliner crashed onto the M1 near Castle Donnington years ago I fully expected the Mail headline to be “Truck hits aircraft on M1 Motorway”. Apologise if that is in bad taste, but things havent improved in the public eye regarding HGV’s since those days. :cry:

Pete.

I have the same opinion of the Daily Mail as I do about Jeremy Vine and some of the posters on here - they are all antagonistic, with inflammatory viewpoints and write, speak or print completely unnecessary drivel at times…

BUT…

…like me, and everyone else on here, they are all entitled to their own opinions and have the right to air them.

It doesn’t mean I have to agree with them though… :wink:

44 Tonne Ton:
Dear Luke, I read the Daily Mail, Guardian and Telegraph when time permits. Which pigeonhole would you like to put me in?

Me too, you can add the mirror, the sport, the star, the times as well to that, i like to get a balanced view. And i’m serious, it doesn’t do to follow anyone in particular (not saying anyone does BTW!).
The Mail is an ok paper, it just tends to attract a certain type of person to a cult following, if you would believe some other media.
Anyway, the comments…i’d expect them from all walks of life. I havn’t read them all but i’d doubt there is one serious comment regarding a freak accident, in freak circumstances and thats what we’re talking about really. These events are thankfully rare. But everyones an expert on how to avoid these rare freak accidents.

44 Tonne Ton:

switchlogic:

44 Tonne Ton:

switchlogic:

Yes I am open minded. Certainly a hell of a lot more open minded than any Daily Mail reader. I’ve read enough Daily Mail articles to know its a disgrace to journalism in this country. Sometimes stereotypes are true. It’s one of he most revolting mainstream newspapers in the world. In my opinion as much as I really dislike News International and always have they are saints compared to that horrible rag.

Can’t you see the contradiction in your first sentence? I can understand you having your likes and dislikes but claiming to be superior to something like a million readers seems a tad high and mighty!

Does the fact that they have a million readers make them the oracle? no it doesn’t, in the same way as owning a Ford Focus doesn’t make you Princes Michael of Kent.

I read the Telegraph on line and avoid the red tops for the same reason. I imagine 80% of kids drink Panda Pops, but given a choice they would prefer Coke

nothing to do with daily mail or guardian but when i saw my mother today,first thing she said was those lorries are too big to be on the road.
just goes to show what the average “layman” thinks of our chosen profesion

Blah Blah Blah the fact of the matter is this, most lorry drivers actually know there stuff, they don’t react in an aggressive manner to the actions of other road users they leave a safe distance between the vehicle in front and they don’t dress like ■■■■■’s

The problem lies with with the ■■■■■■■■ of individuals who tar us all with the same brush.

reminded me of this :slight_smile:

follow @Lord_Sugar on twitter… another daily mail “fan”

I read the mail, and the times.

I love lamp.

SmashedCrabFace:
I love lamp.

I have many leather-bound books.

I love a good bed time sing along :stuck_out_tongue:

Mike-C:

44 Tonne Ton:

Me too, you can add the mirror, the sport, the star, the times as well to that, i like to get a balanced view. And i’m serious, it doesn’t do to follow anyone in particular (not saying anyone does BTW!).
The Mail is an ok paper, it just tends to attract a certain type of person to a cult following, if you would believe some other media.quote.

Well put Mike and 44TonTon. I read all of the online versions of half a dozen publications. It is my choice. I too like to get as balanced a view, as is possible, given the political affiliations of each paper.

Insofar as this statement by Luke Vernon is concerned --"The Daily Mail is a disgusting publication. I despise it completely. I have a very low opinion of both it and the people who read it"quote-- I take that as a post worthy of a truly virulent. Mail reader. Small minded, strident, and bigoted. :smiling_imp:

Denis F:

switchlogic:

agreed, and unfortunately the same people will be ringing Jeremy Whine tomorrow and saying similar things :exclamation:

bang on the money there denis…

I’ve just seen a wagon driver, driving with his elbows… … words fail me.

happysack:

Denis F:

switchlogic:

agreed, and unfortunately the same people will be ringing Jeremy Whine tomorrow and saying similar things :exclamation:

bang on the money there denis…

I’ve just seen a wagon driver, driving with his elbows… … words fail me.

You must drive about with ya eyes shut if you have never seen a driver doing that.