Public opinion Re The Daily Mail

Having read this: dailymail.co.uk/news/article … ident.html

I am appalled at the public opinion expressed on there. It would seem that every HGV on the UK’s roads is to blame for Fridays tragic incident and incidents just like it.

How did we become the scum of the earth?

it’s easy for people with small brains to point at something large.

mucker85:
it’s easy for people with small brains to point at something large.

Hadn’t considered that!

The daily mail readership are well known for the ‘‘comments’’ section. :unamused:

Its not really a surprise is it i think we all knew lorry drivers would get the blame

They are thick as ■■■, for example

theo, Wiltshire, 6/11/2011 8:20 - To reduce accidents on motorways limit HGVs to 50 mph and confine them to the inner lane at all times

:unamused: :laughing:
Where the hell is the logic in that? its just a moron who doesnt want to get held up for 2 minutes by a HGV overtaking another. I want all cars banned from roads as they slow down to rubberneck and hold me up, I want all cars banned from roads because they all decide to go to work at the same time and hold me up etc etc etc. As I have said before I can do runs upto 40mins quicker at night than during the day because there are f-all cars on the road.

Daily Mail, what do you expect nice to see some of them can read and write though :unamused:

Ive seen another comment saying ban hgv’s at the weekend, so i take working the weekend must be a significant more dangerous time for hgv’s then? Statistically the most accidents occur either on a monday morning or a friday afternoon not a the weekend.

They are all thick as ■■■■, don’t concern yourself with them rob. You get the odd person on these different sites throwing in a bit of reason but what is the point? Let them fester in their own hatred.

The Daily Mail is a disgusting publication. I despise it completely. I have a very low opinion of both it and the people who read it.

switchlogic:
The Daily Mail is a disgusting publication. I despise it completely. I have a very low opinion of both it and the people who read it.

agreed, and unfortunately the same people will be ringing Jeremy Whine tomorrow and saying similar things :exclamation:

When you consider that some of the reporting is inaccurate and that there is a lot of here say surrounding this tragedy, does it really surprise you that some idiot will start spouting rubbish about a subject they know nothing about.

The first thing you see in the pictures are the trucks and why is that? Because they are the most visible remains. The fact that in front of them are several cars doesn’t mean anything to the small minded members of joe public.

bubsy06:
theo, Wiltshire, 6/11/2011 8:20 - To reduce accidents on motorways limit HGVs to 50 mph and confine them to the inner lane at all times

As has been previously said, the guy either got stuck behind a lorry once or he was undertaken by one as he sat in the middle lane doing 50 mph. How is reducing the speed limit even more going to help?

Although I now live in the Midlands, I still have family and friends that live and work in Taunton. When I saw the Ginsters trailer on the news, my first thoughts were to ring a friend who drives for them as I know he was in the area Friday night.

My condolences go out to those who have lost someone or been affected by this tradegy in any way.

The debate will go on long after the cause is identified.

switchlogic:

i started buying it on a sunday after the NOTW shut up shop, i only like the sunday papers for the football sections, but will be giving it a miss from now on as i dont think its that good a paper

Denis F:

switchlogic:

agreed, and unfortunately the same people will be ringing Jeremy Whine tomorrow and saying similar things :exclamation:

Bugger. I hadn’t considered that happening,

switchlogic:

Open minded and completely without prejudice then! No stereotypes here… :laughing:

44 Tonne Ton:

switchlogic:

Open minded and completely without prejudice then! No stereotypes here… :laughing:

Yes I am open minded. Certainly a hell of a lot more open minded than any Daily Mail reader. I’ve read enough Daily Mail articles to know its a disgrace to journalism in this country. Sometimes stereotypes are true. It’s one of he most revolting mainstream newspapers in the world. In my opinion as much as I really dislike News International and always have they are saints compared to that horrible rag.

It would be difficult for any person capable of thinking for themselves, to tolerate reading this comic for more than 2 issues.

It would be impossible for that same person, to have any respect, whatsoever, for any person who reads it on a regular basis.

I myself am in full support for a weekend HGV ban, say from midday Friday until 8am Monday :smiley:

switchlogic:

44 Tonne Ton:

switchlogic:

Yes I am open minded. Certainly a hell of a lot more open minded than any Daily Mail reader. I’ve read enough Daily Mail articles to know its a disgrace to journalism in this country. Sometimes stereotypes are true. It’s one of he most revolting mainstream newspapers in the world. In my opinion as much as I really dislike News International and always have they are saints compared to that horrible rag.

Can’t you see the contradiction in your first sentence? I can understand you having your likes and dislikes but claiming to be superior to something like a million readers seems a tad high and mighty!

In the words of a well known tennis player, You cannot be serious!

As for anything being a disgrace to journalism I’d have to say a great many journos are a disgrace to the human race…but not all of 'em!

44 Tonne Ton:

switchlogic:

44 Tonne Ton:

switchlogic:

Can’t you see the contradiction in your first sentence? I can understand you having your likes and dislikes but claiming to be superior to something like a million readers seems a tad high and mighty!

As for anything being a disgrace to journalism I’d have to say a great many journos are a disgrace to the human race…but not all of 'em!

Ah right unlike the Daily Mail and it’s readers who never feel superior and are always humble. Give me a break. It and it’s readers are small minded closed minded sheep who take pleasure in attacking everybody they don’t like, from truck drivers to gay people. Yeah I do feel superior, because I don’t hate everybody that doesn’t conform to their narrow view like they do. I don’t even hate Daily Mail readers, I just pity them.

switchlogic:

44 Tonne Ton:

switchlogic:

44 Tonne Ton:

switchlogic:

Ah right unlike the Daily Mail and it’s readers who never feel superior and are always humble. Give me a break. It and it’s readers are small minded closed minded sheep who take pleasure in attacking everybody they don’t like, from truck drivers to gay people. Yeah I do feel superior, because I don’t hate everybody that doesn’t conform to their narrow view like they do. I don’t even hate Daily Mail readers, I just pity them.

Wot? Like you’re doing now? Wot’s yer opinion of Guardian readers?