Public Image

I drove down to Devon on Friday and returned on Monday in my car.It seemed to me that a significant number of our professional brothers have no interest in doing much to improve the image of truck drivers with the general public.Yes.I know all about the skill levels of the average private motorist but we are supposed to rise above that.Plenty of guys with less than 20ft.between their truck and the one in front.Reduced use of indicators is common,or just let an outstretched finger hit the stalk as you turn the steering to swap lanes.Do they make trucks without rear view mirrors now?Not impressive chaps.Stop providing truck haters with ammunition.

Gidders:
I drove down to Devon on Friday and returned on Monday in my car.It seemed to me that a significant number of our professional brothers have no interest in doing much to improve the image of truck drivers with the general public.

Most have got past the point of giving a toss after years and decades of driving to a high standard and still getting nothing but abuse from the unskilled we’re forced to share the roads with especially over the last several months when we’ve gone from temporarily being applauded and shown signs of respect from the public in the first lockdown back to once again being told we shouldn’t be on the roads and places like Kent Council officially saying “deliver your stuff then sod off, we don’t want you here”.

.Stop providing truck haters with ammunition.

They don’t need any, their minds have already been made up for them. The only reason we got a 3 month respite from it was because it was popular to be seen to be virtue signalling the most, making sure you were the ones making the most noise when doing the weekly clap for the NHS etc.

No indication is small-fry compared to the antics of some of them. Seen him 4 times now, no idea who he’s pulling for, but there’s a Palletline decker pulled by a Palletline livery Scania new gen on Scottish plates who comes down the M1 and M42 every night. Merges off the end of the M18 in lane 2 then stays in lane 2 on the M1 all the way to J24 and only then will move over to lane 1 for the M42. Truck only does about 87 kmh so pretty much everything non-Maritime goes past it. Seen tons of truckers flashing the dumb [zb]er out of the way but refuses to move. Always drives with the spotlights and high beam on too, everyone going north flashing him. :unamused:

I can’t be the only person who’s seen him. Usually about 2215 off the M18 til about 2300 or so at E Mids. An absolute 'tard. :angry:

Gidders:
I drove down to Devon on Friday and returned on Monday in my car.It seemed to me that a significant number of our professional brothers have no interest in doing much to improve the image of truck drivers with the general public.Yes.I know all about the skill levels of the average private motorist but we are supposed to rise above that.Plenty of guys with less than 20ft.between their truck and the one in front.Reduced use of indicators is common,or just let an outstretched finger hit the stalk as you turn the steering to swap lanes.Do they make trucks without rear view mirrors now?Not impressive chaps.Stop providing truck haters with ammunition.

You are sounding like the famous M6 warrior.Trucks are easy to pick on.I have a problem with people who moan about one sector what about the other drivers of vans and cars are they perfect.

DCPCFML:
No indication is small-fry compared to the antics of some of them. Seen him 4 times now, no idea who he’s pulling for, but there’s a Palletline decker pulled by a Palletline livery Scania new gen on Scottish plates who comes down the M1 and M42 every night. Merges off the end of the M18 in lane 2 then stays in lane 2 on the M1 all the way to J24 and only then will move over to lane 1 for the M42. Truck only does about 87 kmh so pretty much everything non-Maritime goes past it. Seen tons of truckers flashing the dumb [zb]er out of the way but refuses to move. Always drives with the spotlights and high beam on too, everyone going north flashing him. :unamused:

I can’t be the only person who’s seen him. Usually about 2215 off the M18 til about 2300 or so at E Mids. An absolute 'tard. :angry:

What’s a Scottish plate look like then ?

robthedog:

DCPCFML:

84767A1A-2AEF-4431-A0BC-6E74DA8716C3.jpeg

After you’d finished your night trunk ?

You can’t blame drivers , be it cars / lorries for not indicating when half the coppers have stopped doing it , I followed one up harlaxton road the other day & he just pulled up in the middle of the road to go right upto the cop station , no indication at all , so I gave him a ear full of horn , watch a lot of them on a motorway , lane change no indication , off the slip road no indication
It’s ■■■■ poor really , should lead by example

WheelsofCardiff:

Gidders:

You are sounding like the famous M6 warrior.Trucks are easy to pick on.I have a problem with people who moan about one sector what about the other drivers of vans and cars are they perfect.

Moi? Road Warrior? Have I named and shamed or posted dashcam footage?
Having held a Class 1 since 1968 I recall the times when LGV Drivers had higher standards and generally more self respect.It’s obvious the way current standards are to anyone with a pair of eyes.Even some posters on this forum don’t impress.I already stated that private motorists are often less than impressive with their driving skills.My point is that,as professionals,we should rise above it

robthedog:

DCPCFML:

Not-sure-if-serious…

robthedog:

DCPCFML:

a Scottish plate begins with a letter S

but if you were being sarcastic then it’s went right over my head as i only skipped through this thread :laughing:

bing.com/videos/search?q=pu … ORM=VRDGAR

I’m with the OP on this one, over the years I have noticed the practices observed by the OP , especially with the one flick of their indicators and then just barge out, regardless of what is there so forcing drivers to take evasive action or change lane due to not looking properly in the cab mirrors .
Another discussion is lorry drivers not wearing seat belts as it’s too uncomfortable, it rubs too much and so on , and the trick to silence the audible seat belt warning.
I just don’t understand their mentality and logic to want to be propelled through the windscreen, effectively surviving that to be then be run over by a car or lorry as they lay on the road unconscious or bleeding to death by drowning in their own blood from piercing of internal organs from a punctured lung, and other organs.

If the cab rolls over with no belt it’s obviously going to hurt when the bottle Jack and other heavy metal that is not stored in the side locker.
And don’t even think about of me giving me all that tosh of survival in accidents by not wearing a belt .

And tailgating, no time to react , it’s the police that knocks on the widows door to say he saved two seconds on a delivery.

The general public are ignorant of the transport industry and only go on what the media feed them and believe that lorries use petrol and can go at 80 mph in a Nissan lorry towing a trailer.
And the old chestnut of thundering menacing juggernauts narrowly kills children by mountain kerbs and get the freight on the railways .

If you believe the hype , you would also object to a new truck stop or factory that needs 500 lorries per day as in residents in Westbury are objecting to a new recycling plant even though the plant is on a long established industrial estate and no where near the town as the perfectly feasible A350 is more than suitable for HGV traffic to serve the plant.

Artics ignoring the closure of Cleveland Bridge Bath on the A36 even though there is numerous advanced signed warnings.
So they then ignore the 7.5 ton limit to transit Bath and before the bridge was shut and had a weight limit, they ignored that and crossed the bridge and became famous on an anti lorry Twitter thread by angry locals.

On the M62 yesterday, a driver took about 10 mins trying to pass me, slowed down to allow him past as it was annoying to say the least, he came past me then cut in front of me making me hit my brakes, it got worse, he was swaying all over the lef hand lane crossing the white lines either side of his lane constantly. The way he was driving I can only assume he was either drunk or was cooking his breakfast on the move. Obviously come from Goole or Doncaster as it was pulling a Tesco trailer with an unmarked white cab. Cars overtaking him were having to take another lane by taking aversive action. M62 joining the A63, had to be in the middle lane, He couldnt stay in the lane and was all over the place. Bad indicating would have been nothing for this idiot. This seems to be the norm for a lot of drivers I see now. You can look past cocking reverses up and making the odd error but this was terrible driving in general.

DCPCFML:

I can understand staying in lane 2 on M1 at M18 until you are past the Worksop turn, as countless idiotic car drivers decide its their junction from lane 4 and cut across then slam on. Once Im past that junction I move back into lane 1. But staying in til junction 24? Thats very strange!

Stobart driver who came to a complete stop in lane 1 of the M1 southbound at the M25 slip the other day. Slip was queuing so he drives halfway down it with his indicator on and just stops. What professional driver in their right mind does this.
You expect this from cars but seriously this was unbelievable, nearly a very bad crash, I had already slowed and moved to the right when I saw it queuing as you expect some muppetry, but one wagon locked up and just swerved round him.
When I went past him giving him horns he’s just sitting there nodding his head with a hand in the air like he’s just blocking a side street or something.

Drivers like this should be culled like seals, club them in the night at the services, they won’t feel a thing

idrive:
Stobart driver who came to a complete stop in lane 1 of the M1 southbound at the M25 slip the other day. Slip was queuing so he drives halfway down it with his indicator on and just stops. What professional driver in their right mind does this.
You expect this from cars but seriously this was unbelievable, nearly a very bad crash, I had already slowed and moved to the right when I saw it queuing as you expect some muppetry, but one wagon locked up and just swerved round him.
When I went past him giving him horns he’s just sitting there nodding his head with a hand in the air like he’s just blocking a side street or something.

Maybe he had a breakdown? Last week I drove from Howden to past Mainsgill Farm on the A66 absolutely fine, got to some temporary roadworks second in the queue at the lights and stuck it in neutral whilst I waited for the oncoming traffic and a green light. Put it back into drive and the gearbox decided it didn’t want to find a gear. Had to sit there like a melon for a minute when the light went green whilst I turned the ignition off fully, waited for all the dash lights to go out, turned it back on and got started again. Fortunately those behind me realised what was going on and drove around me but it shows it’s possible for something to happen like you saw without it being the driver being a ■■■■.

idrive:
Drivers like this should be culled like seals, club them in the night at the services, they won’t feel a thing

A tad extreme maybe better to just take their licence,

I’m glad it’s not just me that notices all the horrendous driving in the Uk. It’s not just cars either. Every category of vehicle has good and bad drivers but when a lorry is driven badly it is far more apparent and as professionals should be far more aware of their appalling standards on the roads.

Thankfully I don’t see it anymore but I fear for innocent drivers getting caught up in a bad accident because of incompetent fools.

blue estate:
public image limited songs - Search Videos

Excellent …that post punk guitar riff is pure joy.

As for Devon drivers, well i am one but do 70% of my work in the lanes which is stressful enough at the best of times but now during holiday season a real pain in the arse with caravan/mobile home drivers having no clue about the width or length their vehicle…i think the “R” on the gearstick in their vehicles might stand for “Retarded”