Public Image

To be fair I’d rather have the cars not indicate than indicate all over the place :slight_smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

■■■■■■■ off the public is a perk IMO. Especially when they park in the loading area and I block them in. “I’ll only be five mins mate.” :smiley:

Gidders:
Having held a Class 1 since 1968 I recall the times when LGV Drivers had higher standards and generally more self respect.

Ah yes the good old days of the log book where you all ran as bent as a nine bob note. Tachographs and then digital tachographs to enforce driving hours regs, DCPC, VOSA getting police to enforce load security, in cab cameras, all brought in down to the antics of those who bang on about the 70s, 80s and on as being the good old days.

Conor:

Gidders:
Having held a Class 1 since 1968 I recall the times when LGV Drivers had higher standards and generally more self respect.

Ah yes the good old days of the log book where you all ran as bent as a nine bob note. Tachographs and then digital tachographs to enforce driving hours regs, DCPC, VOSA getting police to enforce load security, in cab cameras, all brought in down to the antics of those who bang on about the 70s, 80s and on as being the good old days.

Conor.You are comparing apples with oranges.In the "good old days"as you call them of course there was bent running.Are you saying it doesn’t happen now?It’s just easier to detect.In my opinion,in those days the standard of driving was higher with much poorer equipment and there was more respect for others in general throughout society as well as on the road. .Unlike today accidents between lorries were scarce.Nowadays they are routine,if not daily.The character of us Brits has changed over 40 years so that too many of us are angry and frustrated a lot of the time.We have just been told not to assault or abuse shop workers or hospital medics for heaven’s sake.20+ years ago the then French PM/President Giscard d’Estaing(?)said he wished the French would drive with the serenity shown by the Brits.My experience is that I can have a leisurely drive through France and Spain but not enjoy driving in the madhouse that is the UK.