PSV/PCV licences among HGV drivers

As the poll suggests.

I have a PCV licence but don’t currently use it - would hope to never use it again, but if the ■■■■ hits the fan…

I have my PCV licence but don’t actively use it these days…still miss the coach driving if I’m honest. Sometimes think I would like to ‘keep my hand in’ - especially with some of the superb, modern coaches on the roads…but then I think of all the hassles & the poor wages. As Wayne says - you never know when it might be needed to fall back on.

You should get a bus license as a matter of course once you pass c+e, anything just to get more money out you.

I have it and use it on the odd weekend for a local bus firm. I don’t plan on going full time again with it but it’s nice to have to fall back on.

I don’t agree it should be an automatic entitlement when passing your C or C+E. There’s separate tests because there’s different things that relate to the carrying of passengers.

waynedl:
As the poll suggests.

I have a PCV licence but don’t currently use it - would hope to never use it again, but if the [zb] hits the fan…

+1 Hope I never have to do service work ever again :slight_smile:

No, but have in the past considered doing it.

The only thing I can’t drive legally is a bus or coach with passengers and long may that continue. I truly do not have the personality traits to be a coach or bus driver

Whilst the idea of carrying a cargo that loads and tips itself is appealing it aint appealing enough for me to have ever done anything about it.

So I’m out!

No PCV for me. Never been interested … it was trucks that floated my boat when I was still in my pushchair, and it still is.

Got my PSV/PCV courtesy of the Territorial Army. No desire to ever use it by choice, but handy to have in case one day it’s that or nothing.

I had the class 1 psv in the old days :laughing:
I drove the horrible things for 17 years and then worked in the office for another six years.
You have to have the attitude for that job, mine changed, I hated the hours 5 over 7 lates, earlies and split shifts all within two weeks.
The times for the route when I was driving where pathetic but you where pressured to achieve them.
I stopped liking the passengers too :laughing:

I have to be really honest I did enjoy is from 86 to about 95 then it went silly.

I doubt I will ever use mine again.

As previous poster, I had driven buses and coaches on and off since 1977, now the attitude of some of the travelling public is just awful.

Rat67:

waynedl:
As the poll suggests.

I have a PCV licence but don’t currently use it - would hope to never use it again, but if the [zb] hits the fan…

+2 Coulnt of put it better :laughing:

I’m currently using my PSV have gained my class 2 and wish to change. I would definitely prefer to load and off load my cargo and not have to deal with the travelling public.

Just done 16 years on coaches. Touring most of Europe, it was good…really good till about 7 years ago then started going down hill and the money incentives just aren’t there now, then got paid off in October. Had my class one nearly 2 years now but only used it a few times, been trying for hgv work since being paid off and got a full time class 1 job today. :slight_smile:

The difference between a bus and a bin wagon is the [zb] walks onto a bus :wink:

I’ve a proper bus licence - a 3-pedal all types. I enjoyed crew driving, hated one-manning, didn’t mind touring . . . but detested the passengers. Get rid of them and the job’s half decent. :unamused:

I would never go back to it - not even if I was destitute!

Stan

ryan worsley:

Rat67:

waynedl:
As the poll suggests.

+2 Coulnt of put it better :laughing:

Count me in on that aswell, I did 3 years service work and I’m surprised I lasted that long!

I do some coach work and a bit of small lorry work
going to do my C+E next up
I am controller a company

Oh go on then, my first depot about 1987 :blush: