Professional drivers and speed limits

dieseldog999:
i would imagine that the vast majority of drivers who eventually get past you would think of doing so to you to varying degrees.

for you to understand what its like being stuck behind some dogmatic plobber,then wouldnt you like to murder the brain dead inbred farmer palmer tractor driver who chugs on regardless of the ever lengthening tailback behind him mile after mile when the ignorant ■■■■■■ keeps chugging on instead of pulling in when convenient?
has that never happened to you,or do you normally just drive slow enough for it not to matter?

wanting the pleb in front holding you up to come to immediate grief or have a heart attack so you can watch him die and get out of the road has nothing to do with professionalism,its to do with normal human nature,which is why everyone driving speeds to varying degrees.(excluding yourself,jts and followers)

But theres a difference between Mr Jones and his family chugging along the a17, towing his caravan at 35mph and Mx lorry driver being speed limit aware doing 50mph in their artic.

I’ve never understood why impatient tailgating bullies don’t use their own private roads instead of slumming it on the public highway with law abiding riff raff.
I usually set the cruise control to 43mph on the A75 and pull over at every 3rd or 4th layby.
After reading some of the comments on here, I’m feeling inclined to set it at 40mph, especially westbound, with a lot fewer stops to let these àrseholes get past.
I won’t, of course, because long tailbacks are not good, especially when you can be sure there’s a high proportion of sociopaths in the tailback heading for Cairnryan.

dieseldog999:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

i would imagine that the vast majority of drivers who eventually get past you would think of doing so to you to varying degrees.

for you to understand what its like being stuck behind some dogmatic plobber,then wouldnt you like to murder the brain dead inbred farmer palmer tractor driver who chugs on regardless of the ever lengthening tailback behind him mile after mile when the ignorant ■■■■■■ keeps chugging on instead of pulling in when convenient?
has that never happened to you,or do you normally just drive slow enough for it not to matter?

wanting the pleb in front holding you up to come to immediate grief or have a heart attack so you can watch him die and get out of the road has nothing to do with professionalism,its to do with normal human nature,which is why everyone driving speeds to varying degrees.(excluding yourself,jts and followers)

This is a wind up aye? Or are you genuinely that big an ârsehole?

And that sums it up really. Professional driver saying a speed limit is just a number on a stick and who cares. No wonder everyone hates us when we are just bullies in big vehicles who don’t care about the rules of the road ourselves with no sense of pride. Little weak men in large vehicles but when we aren’t in them we are just the same as everyone else.

dexxy57:

dieseldog999:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is a wind up aye? Or are you genuinely that big an ârsehole?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
one of my lifelong unfulfilled ambitions is waiting in a queue of tailback traffic because some inbred ■■■■■■ farmer in a tractor has doggedly plodded along at 15 mph completely unconcerned to the massive tailback behind then watching as he just suddenly veers off the road into a field out of the way clutching his chest.
i was never issued with the gift of empathy and would have no concerns over it.
ive the same indifference to cyclists and horse riders as they should have no place on a modern road. (obviously i wouldnt like to see anything untoward happen to the poor horses as im very fond of animals).
and
as for rowleys calculations of saving 2 and a half mins driving legally over a 5 mile stretch of road,then work out the time saved coming off a boat and heading for the next one 400 miles away. to repeat a similar journey.
the maths stand on their own merit in that case.

if “normal” drivers didnt speed,then there wwould be no need for the massive growth over the last 15 years of every kind of speed camera imaginable.
normal drivers speed whereas the minority dont for various reasons ranging from being pig ignorant,sitting on 9 points or working for tossco where your monitored to death as even the houry paid workers can show a bit of decency and find a layby to get out of the way asap…

Have you thought for a minute that the drivers you think are speeding are actually in the limit.I remember a few weeks ago someone posted a National Express coach he thought was speeding he even showed his speedo at 50 but the coach weny past even after cameras that did not flash.Response was if he was speeding the camera would have gone off

If nothing else, I’ll be sticking to the limit to keep the cash in my pocket and not giving it away to which ever government department wants it.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

WheelsofCardiff:
Have you thought for a minute that the drivers you think are speeding are actually in the limit.I remember a few weeks ago someone posted a National Express coach he thought was speeding he even showed his speedo at 50 but the coach weny past even after cameras that did not flash.Response was if he was speeding the camera would have gone off

And what was the posted speed limit on the road where the coach was allegedly speeding?

It doesn’t matter though. If my vehicle instruments says I’m doing 30mph but in reality I’m doing 27mph, and the vehicle behind has a more accurate speedometer and his speed is showing 27mph and he’s getting wound up thinking I’m purposely driving at 3mph under the limit. Well unfortunately that’s all part of driving and you can only go off what your own instruments are telling you. Get wound up by it then you shouldn’t choose driving as a job. End of.

Rowley010:

WheelsofCardiff:

And what was the posted speed limit on the road where the coach was allegedly speeding?

It doesn’t matter though. If my vehicle instruments says I’m doing 30mph but in reality I’m doing 27mph, and the vehicle behind has a more accurate speedometer and his speed is showing 27mph and he’s getting wound up thinking I’m purposely driving at 3mph under the limit. Well unfortunately that’s all part of driving and you can only go off what your own instruments are telling you. Get wound up by it then you shouldn’t choose driving as a job. End of.

Spot on, Just try to ignore the impatient morons. They are not worth getting upset over. Stick to being a professional cos there ain’t many left. They will get their comeuppance one way or another.

dieseldog999:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
one of my lifelong unfulfilled ambitions is waiting in a queue of tailback traffic because some inbred ■■■■■■ farmer in a tractor has doggedly plodded along at 15 mph completely unconcerned to the massive tailback behind then watching as he just suddenly veers off the road into a field out of the way clutching his chest.
ive the same indifference to cyclists and horse riders as they should have no place on a modern road. (obviously i wouldnt like to see anything untoward happen to the poor horses as im very fond of animals).
and
as for rowleys calculations of saving 2 and a half mins driving legally over a 5 mile stretch of road,then work out the time saved coming off a boat and heading for the next one 400 miles away. to repeat a similar journey.

if “normal” drivers didnt speed,then there wwould be no need for the massive growth over the last 15 years of every kind of speed camera imaginable.
normal drivers speed whereas the minority dont for various reasons ranging from being pig ignorant,sitting on 9 points or working for tossco where your monitored to death as even the houry paid workers can show a bit of decency and find a layby to get out of the way asap…

Some farmers may be inbred or retarded, it’s just the law of averages, just as some drivers from Ireland may be inbred or retarded (you know? Law of Averages?)

You were never issued with the gift of empathy? No ■■■■ Sherlock, who’d have known?

Rowley’s calculations? What’s wrong with them? If they’re out by a minute or so, what’s the problem?

Are you, personally, above the law? Have you been granted the right to exceed the speed limit?
Let us all in on your contacts, we’d love to know.

dexxy57:

dieseldog999:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
and

Some farmers may be inbred or retarded, it’s just the law of averages, just as some drivers from Ireland may be inbred or retarded (you know? Law of Averages?)

You were never issued with the gift of empathy? No ■■■■ Sherlock, who’d have known?

Rowley’s calculations? What’s wrong with them? If they’re out by a minute or so, what’s the problem?

Are you, personally, above the law? Have you been granted the right to exceed the speed limit?
Let us all in on your contacts, we’d love to know.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
my dear chap…my observation was…by rowleys calculations over a 5 mile stretch plobbing along or driving normally theres a 2 min 30 sec difference whis is no big deal unless you consider that others may be drivng 400 miles or so at a stretch to catch a boat or make a booking and if it suits them then they may wish to crack on and not be held up by some on the limit to the letter herbert.

its not uncommon to regard farmers and certain others mostly living in rural areas would be prone to inbreeding at least in generations past with the resulting descendants living today.
you only need to wander around the 2 ferry ports or downtown stranraer to be aware of a lot of the locals having the same type of abnormal cleft pallet roof to their mouth with too many teeth squashed in to understand the concept.
another classic example would be the fact that they cancelled production of csi stranraer after the researchers discovered that for the most part there were no dental records and everyone had the same dna… :open_mouth:

dieseldog999:
my dear chap…my observation was…by rowleys calculations over a 5 mile stretch plobbing along or driving normally theres a 2 min 30 sec difference whis is no big deal unless you consider that others may be drivng 400 miles or so at a stretch to catch a boat or make a booking and if it suits them then they may wish to crack on and not be held up by some on the limit to the letter herbert.

its not uncommon to regard farmers and certain others mostly living in rural areas would be prone to inbreeding at least in generations past with the resulting descendants living today.
you only need to wander around the 2 ferry ports or downtown stranraer to be aware of a lot of the locals having the same type of abnormal cleft pallet roof to their mouth with too many teeth squashed in to understand the concept.
another classic example would be the fact that they cancelled production of csi stranraer after the researchers discovered that for the most part there were no dental records and everyone had the same dna… :open_mouth:

Crack on all you want on your own private road. I couldn’t care less. When you’re sharing the same road as me and everybody else, just grow up.

lancpudn:

Sixties boy:
Technology will eventually take this option away from all drivers, if the EU get their way.

My current car already displays the current speed limit by sign post recognition, including temporary limits, won’t take much to connect it to the limiter.

Looks like the new mandatory rules are coming soon! “All new vans and trucks will have to be equipped with certain advanced driver safety systems by 2022 under new European-wide rules approved last month”.

commercialfleet.org/news/la … -from-2020

“Intelligent speed assistance uses traffic sign recognition and/or GPS location data to determine local speed limits. It then caps engine power to prevent the car accelerating above that limit.”

Should be good on the A9 then when 80% of truck drivers speed. Obviously confusing a 6 with a 0 (56 v 50).

It’s not hard. Just stick to sat nav 50.

Sand Fisher:

lancpudn:

Sixties boy:
Technology will eventually take this option away from all drivers, if the EU get their way.

My current car already displays the current speed limit by sign post recognition, including temporary limits, won’t take much to connect it to the limiter.

Looks like the new mandatory rules are coming soon! “All new vans and trucks will have to be equipped with certain advanced driver safety systems by 2022 under new European-wide rules approved last month”.

commercialfleet.org/news/la … -from-2020

“Intelligent speed assistance uses traffic sign recognition and/or GPS location data to determine local speed limits. It then caps engine power to prevent the car accelerating above that limit.”

Should be good on the A9 then when 80% of truck drivers speed. Obviously confusing a 6 with a 0 (56 v 50).

It’s not hard. Just stick to sat nav 50.

No point speeding in Scotland because north of Perth the Scottish police really don’t have anything better to do than deal with traffic offences and accidents. And you don’t get offered a speeding course in the Scotland so it’s points and fine straight away. Even if I got a log wagon wanting to get passed me as long I’m doing up to the speed limit he will have to wait. My licence not his.

Always remember that rules are made for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men .

rigsby:
Always remember that rules are made for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men .

Oh really so ignoring a speed limit then getting a NIP through the post for it makes you a wiseman does it? I’m not so sure about that

Rowley010:

rigsby:

Oh really so ignoring a speed limit then getting a NIP through the post for it makes you a wiseman does it? I’m not so sure about that

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Rowley010:

rigsby:

No, a wise man keeps his wits about him and drives accordingly , it’s what is properly called a professional driver , not a brainwashed drone bumbling along unable to think for himself . No better than a glorified car driver safe in your own little bubble .

Rowley010:
No point speeding in Scotland because north of Perth the Scottish police really don’t have anything better to do.
. Even if I got a log wagon wanting to get passed me as long I’m doing up to the speed limit he will have to wait. My licence not his.

Or you could just nip in to the next lay by, or even pull in slightly on a wide safe bit to let him pass. :bulb:
(Always assuming he ain’t trying to intimidate or bully you, in which case you’re right…■■■■ him :imp: )
Why does it bother you ffs if HE is in a bit of a hurry?

We all know some of those roads in Scotland do not justify 40mph, …and whether it’s illegal or not it ain’t really your concern or problem is it?

I’ve never been one for being a ‘‘self satisfied/safe in the knowledge I’m right’’ sort of a ■■■■ on the road, life’s to bloody short to bother your arse about stuff that don’t concern you.

Are you one of those self appointed ‘‘traffic Marshall’s’’ who block the outside lane 800 yds before approaching the merge in turn signs by any chance?

robroy:

Rowley010:
No point speeding in Scotland because north of Perth the Scottish police really don’t have anything better to do.
. Even if I got a log wagon wanting to get passed me as long I’m doing up to the speed limit he will have to wait. My licence not his.

Or you could just nip in to the next lay by, or even pull in slightly on a wide safe bit to let him pass. :bulb:
(Always assuming he ain’t trying to intimidate or bully you, in which case you’re right…[zb] him :imp: )
Why does it bother you ffs if HE is in a bit of a hurry?

We all know some of those roads in Scotland do not justify 40mph, …and whether it’s illegal or not it ain’t really your concern or problem is it?

I’ve never been one for being a ‘‘self satisfied/safe in the knowledge I’m right’’ sort of a [zb] on the road, life’s to bloody short to bother your arse about stuff that don’t concern you.

Are you one of those self appointed ‘‘traffic Marshall’s’’ who block the outside lane 800 yds before approaching the merge in turn signs by any chance?

Nope I don’t do that. Really ■■■■■■ me off when drivers do.

All I’m saying what I do is I won’t be bullied into pulling in as long as I’m driving up to the speed limit or as fast as is safe within that limit. If I’m purposely driving slower to waste time then I’d pull in, but NEVER be bullied in. I will NEVER give in to bullies in trucks. Bullies in trucks are just weak little men who only ever feel important in life when they are sat higher up than everyone else and driving something bigger than everyone else.