Professional drivers and speed limits

Rowley010:

robroy:

Rowley010:
No point speeding in Scotland because north of Perth the Scottish police really don’t have anything better to do.
. Even if I got a log wagon wanting to get passed me as long I’m doing up to the speed limit he will have to wait. My licence not his.

Or you could just nip in to the next lay by, or even pull in slightly on a wide safe bit to let him pass. :bulb:
(Always assuming he ain’t trying to intimidate or bully you, in which case you’re right…[zb] him :imp: )
Why does it bother you ffs if HE is in a bit of a hurry?

We all know some of those roads in Scotland do not justify 40mph, …and whether it’s illegal or not it ain’t really your concern or problem is it?

I’ve never been one for being a ‘‘self satisfied/safe in the knowledge I’m right’’ sort of a [zb] on the road, life’s to bloody short to bother your arse about stuff that don’t concern you.

Are you one of those self appointed ‘‘traffic Marshall’s’’ who block the outside lane 800 yds before approaching the merge in turn signs by any chance?

Nope I don’t do that. Really ■■■■■■ me off when drivers do.

All I’m saying what I do is I won’t be bullied into pulling in as long as I’m driving up to the speed limit or as fast as is safe within that limit. If I’m purposely driving slower to waste time then I’d pull in, but NEVER be bullied in. I will NEVER give in to bullies in trucks. Bullies in trucks are just weak little men who only ever feel important in life when they are sat higher up than everyone else and driving something bigger than everyone else.

Ok fair enough, looks like we agree after all.
I’m exactly the same, I won’t be bullied or pushed by anybody, or in any life situation.
I ain’t one bit frightened or intimidated in a truck, I’ve driven them too bloody long for that.
If some ■■■■ (usually in a bad taste/ over blinged V8 or something equal :unamused: ) is giving me the ‘Out my ■■■■ way’ treatment 6 inches off my back door, a quick flick on maximum exhaust brake usually cures it I have found.

I’ve never bullied anybody, but I’ve been in the ‘got to catch that boat’ situation, or get last drop off to park somewhere decent, or even just to get home after a long week, so I can empathise, so I just let them pass, and put off my heart attack for another few years.

robroy:

Rowley010:

robroy:

Rowley010:
No point speeding in Scotland because north of Perth the Scottish police really don’t have anything better to do.
. Even if I got a log wagon wanting to get passed me as long I’m doing up to the speed limit he will have to wait. My licence not his.

Or you could just nip in to the next lay by, or even pull in slightly on a wide safe bit to let him pass. :bulb:
(Always assuming he ain’t trying to intimidate or bully you, in which case you’re right…[zb] him :imp: )
Why does it bother you ffs if HE is in a bit of a hurry?

We all know some of those roads in Scotland do not justify 40mph, …and whether it’s illegal or not it ain’t really your concern or problem is it?

I’ve never been one for being a ‘‘self satisfied/safe in the knowledge I’m right’’ sort of a [zb] on the road, life’s to bloody short to bother your arse about stuff that don’t concern you.

Are you one of those self appointed ‘‘traffic Marshall’s’’ who block the outside lane 800 yds before approaching the merge in turn signs by any chance?

Nope I don’t do that. Really ■■■■■■ me off when drivers do.

All I’m saying what I do is I won’t be bullied into pulling in as long as I’m driving up to the speed limit or as fast as is safe within that limit. If I’m purposely driving slower to waste time then I’d pull in, but NEVER be bullied in. I will NEVER give in to bullies in trucks. Bullies in trucks are just weak little men who only ever feel important in life when they are sat higher up than everyone else and driving something bigger than everyone else.

Ok fair enough, looks like we agree after all.
I’m exactly the same, I won’t be bullied or pushed by anybody, or in any life situation.
I ain’t one bit frightened or intimidated in a truck, I’ve driven them too bloody long for that.
If some ■■■■ (usually in a bad taste/ over blinged V8 or something equal :unamused: ) is giving me the ‘Out my [zb] way’ treatment 6 inches off my back door, a quick flick on maximum exhaust brake usually cures it I have found.

I’ve never bullied anybody, but I’ve been in the ‘got to catch that boat’ situation, or get last drop off to park somewhere decent, or even just to get home after a long week, so I can empathise, so I just let them pass, and put off my heart attack for another few years.

Yes it’s normally someone with v8 all over the unit, 50 spot lamps on the front, and the rest of it wrapped in led lights lit up like a bloody Christmas tree

[/quote]
Yes it’s normally someone with v8 all over the unit, 50 spot lamps on the front, and the rest of it wrapped in led lights lit up like a bloody Christmas tree
[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
thats also usually the ones getting great wages for cracking on or just wanting not to have to crawl behind another rolling roadblock.
theres always the option that they are quite happy driving safely and having the ability to be exceeding the speed limit at the same time.
anytime i come across road users like yourself then i just think of monty pythons black night.

NONE SHALL PASS.jpg

dieseldog999:

[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
thats also usually the ones getting great wages for cracking on or just wanting not to have to crawl behind another rolling roadblock.
theres always the option that they are quite happy driving safely and having the ability to be exceeding the speed limit at the same time.
anytime i come across road users like yourself then i just think of monty pythons black night.
[/quote]
Great wages? More often it’s the ones who will sell holidays back to the company in exchange for a light on their unit which isn’t even their unit it belongs to the company

Rowley010:

dieseldog999:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[/quote]
Great wages? More often it’s the ones who will sell holidays back to the company in exchange for a light on their unit which isn’t even their unit it belongs to the company
[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
have you worked for those type of companies first hand,or have you just been told that from someone else in an rdc gulag waiting room??

dieseldog999:

[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[/quote]
I’m still waiting…“it’s a limit not a target”…Very poor show for a driving gods thread.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

jimcab:

dieseldog999:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[/quote]
I’m still waiting…“it’s a limit not a target”…Very poor show for a driving gods thread.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
[/quote]
Your absolutely correct it is a limit and not a target well done for bringing that valid point to the discussion.

Oh and driving god? If you think it requires you to be a driving god to stick to a speed limit then you’ve got issues

In the days before ‘Revenue raising crazy Police’ were the norm, it was an unwritten agreement that as long as it was a relatively safe road, that if you did anything up to 50mph in a 40, you were not liable to get nicked.

When they proposed to increase it to 50, I was not entirely for it tbh,.as I knew that 50 would be widely ignored, and that limiter 56 and beyond would be the norm.
I was right, my local by pass is a disaster waiting to happen, with trucks sat on the limiter, passing junctions with cars trying to get out, on a daily basis.
I warn my Mrs and all my kids about it, but it’s a matter of time before some ■■■■ in a truck (who shouldn’t be) kills some poor ■■■■.

I will be 100% honest, like I said, I’m far from perfect myself, and depending on certain circumstances, (and only if I deem it safe and I ain’t causing anybody any potential problems) I will go over a 50 limit sometimes…as most of us do (apart from the paragons of virtue.)
However bring the d/heads, the habitual neurotic teararses without a second to spare, and the car drivers with Class 1s into the equation :unamused: , and that is where the problems start. :bulb:

dieseldog999:
Don’t worry I will keep plodding on minding my own business keeping all the professional drivers behind me at the speed limit winding them all up as I do. Really they shouldn’t be professional drivers if they get wound up at actually driving at a speed limit should they, in the wrong job if you ask me.

I was with you up to a point until you came over all self righteous, and admitting that one of your motives was to wind up other drivers, that makes you almost as bad as those that are speeding in my book.
I ain’t surprised Jakey agreed with you either tbh…any opportunity. :unamused:

I know your question is rhetorical but there are a number of different reasons.
Late, wanting to get home, succumbing to pressure, or even in a lot of cases simply being a bit thick.
I try and stick to limits on the whole but like everybody else (apart from you and Jake) none of us are perfect.
When it encroaches on my personal safety, or it is just simply mindless blatancy causing a danger to others, ok then I start concerning myself to a degree, otherwise I don’t really care.
If it bothers you sooo much…join the Police. :bulb:
[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
minutes saved mean vast differences to your day or week depending on what type of work your doing.
1 minute can mean a missed boat,leading to no uninterrupted sleep,or getting home in time for your day off.
if these road warrior plobbers were so concerned about everyone elses safety then they would realise that speed limits are obsolete and outdated targets to be wildly ignored as much as possible if you are capable of battering on safely.( in your own opinion)
the only aspect of that practice of being unsafe is when some road commander plobber sits exactly on the limit causing tailbacks and frustration leading to reckless overtaking caused only by the herbert in fronts driving without consideration to other road users.
instead of being snug in the security of their cab assuming someone wont overtake,stop,drag them out,beat them to a pulp after throwing their keys over a hedge,they might consider the option of pulling in and letting the held up queue of normal drivers pass.
these plobbers are usually the ones that sit at 40 on a single roads,then nail it on the dual sections.
if you are incapable of safely driving at increased speeds regarding road conditions,then best you keep out of the way of others who can and let them get on with their day.
this aspect of action could also be read as " ■■■■ off out of the way and mind your own business."

it wont be hard to work out who reckons who is to blame in this 1st clip.
the other one is just flung in for good measure as i love it and it is absolute class and a fine example of the craic on the 75. :unamused:

youtube.com/watch?v=cU1CweyXf9c

facebook.com/matt.halliday1 … 217376887/
[/quote]
“instead of being snug in the security of their cab assuming someone wont overtake,stop,drag them out,beat them to a pulp after throwing their keys over a hedge,they might consider the option of pulling in and letting the held up queue of normal drivers pass.”

If someone would do what you described I wouldn’t call him a normal driver, I would not consider such person as normal generally…

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using Tapatalk

You are only a proffessional driver in court.