Professional drivers and speed limits

WhiteTruckMan:

Rowley010:

cgscott:
Quicker you go the quicker you finish. Simple logic.

Just you keep plodding along and mind your own business. Thankyou.

Don’t worry I will keep plodding on minding my own business keeping all the professional drivers behind me at the speed limit winding them all up as I do. Really they shouldn’t be professional drivers if they get wound up at actually driving at a speed limit should they, in the wrong job if you ask me.

+1

I do this job for the money, not the thrill of driving something big, or the sparkling company in RDC holding pens, although I do respect those who simply want to get away from the missis from time to time!

As I’m hourly paid, putting my foot down is counter productive to me.

You should work in france. Thiwr cheese is heavenly. Flat to the matt as stated before. Regatdless of company polotics or microchips.

Rowley010:

tachograph:

jakethesnake:
What is ridiculous is that most drivers are not capable of deciding whether it’s safe or not. Their main interest is getting from A to B as quickly as possible without any thought of others safety.
Let me give you a little (true) scenario. Driver driving at 35 in a 30 limit late at night with no other traffic about. Probably thinking they are quite safe. Suddenly a kid runs out from in between parked vehicles and said driver hits them causing serious injury. Most speed limits are there for a very good reason and there would be utter mayhem if drivers decided when it was safe to speed or not.

On the other hand I know of one way streets with 2 lanes and a 20 mph speed limit that nearly everyone ignores, and when I say nearly everyone I mean the police ambulance and fire services, buses, literally nearly everyone, you know why people ignore those speed limits, because it’s perfectly safe to do 30 mph and everyone knows it.

Sorry but the idea that you cannot be a professional driver unless you stick rigidly to the speed limits is nonsense, it should never be purely about textbook driving it should be about driving safely.

But then is it right to try and bully someone into going faster if they choose to keep to the limit? Not under it, just stick to it? Is it worth getting wound up if someone doesn’t choose to speed? This is the point I’m trying to make really.

No of course it’s not right to try to bully someone who’s sticking to the speed limit and I would never condone that behaviour, I dislike drivers of large vehicles who try to bully other drivers of large vehicles nearly as much as I despise drivers of large vehicles who use their size to bully car drivers.

That’s a different scenario and one I would hope most of us would agree about.

Well clearly tachograph drivers on here don’t agree.

I mean look at diesel dog for a start. He’s saying you should pull in for someone who wants to speed. Well that’s just giving in to a bullies behaviour isn’t it. Do what a bully wants and they will keep on being a bully. Don’t give in to them and they might stop. Can’t stand bullies in all walks of life. Bullies really boil my ■■■■ especially when it’s a “professional” driver using the size of their vehicle to be a bully.

cgscott:

WhiteTruckMan:

Rowley010:

cgscott:
Quicker you go the quicker you finish. Simple logic.

Just you keep plodding along and mind your own business. Thankyou.

Don’t worry I will keep plodding on minding my own business keeping all the professional drivers behind me at the speed limit winding them all up as I do. Really they shouldn’t be professional drivers if they get wound up at actually driving at a speed limit should they, in the wrong job if you ask me.

+1

I do this job for the money, not the thrill of driving something big, or the sparkling company in RDC holding pens, although I do respect those who simply want to get away from the missis from time to time!

As I’m hourly paid, putting my foot down is counter productive to me.

You should work in france. Thiwr cheese is heavenly. Flat to the matt as stated before. Regatdless of company polotics or microchips.

WTF are you on about?

Rowley010:

yourhavingalarf:
Rowley…

You drive your lorry and let everyone else drive theirs.

I will. And I’ll do what I normally do. Don’t go faster than the limit and watch all the professionals rush up behind me and sit an inch from my back.

You just keep to the inside lane on the M6 roadworks and keep out the way :wink:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
minutes saved mean vast differences to your day or week depending on what type of work your doing.
1 minute can mean a missed boat,leading to no uninterrupted sleep,or getting home in time for your day off.
if these road warrior plobbers were so concerned about everyone elses safety then they would realise that speed limits are obsolete and outdated targets to be wildly ignored as much as possible if you are capable of battering on safely.( in your own opinion)
the only aspect of that practice of being unsafe is when some road commander plobber sits exactly on the limit causing tailbacks and frustration leading to reckless overtaking caused only by the herbert in fronts driving without consideration to other road users.
instead of being snug in the security of their cab assuming someone wont overtake,stop,drag them out,beat them to a pulp after throwing their keys over a hedge,they might consider the option of pulling in and letting the held up queue of normal drivers pass.
these plobbers are usually the ones that sit at 40 on a single roads,then nail it on the dual sections.
if you are incapable of safely driving at increased speeds regarding road conditions,then best you keep out of the way of others who can and let them get on with their day.
this aspect of action could also be read as " ■■■■ off out of the way and mind your own business."

it wont be hard to work out who reckons who is to blame in this 1st clip.
the other one is just flung in for good measure as i love it and it is absolute class and a fine example of the craic on the 75. :unamused:

youtube.com/watch?v=cU1CweyXf9c

facebook.com/matt.halliday1 … 217376887/
[/quote]
Your attitude in that case stinks and doesn’t deserve any more of a reply than that. Speed limits are obsolete right ok then :unamused:

“beat me to a pulp” as you put it just for keeping to a speed limit? Now who’s professional?
[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i would imagine that the vast majority of drivers who eventually get past you would think of doing so to you to varying degrees.

for you to understand what its like being stuck behind some dogmatic plobber,then wouldnt you like to murder the brain dead inbred farmer palmer tractor driver who chugs on regardless of the ever lengthening tailback behind him mile after mile when the ignorant ■■■■■■ keeps chugging on instead of pulling in when convenient?
has that never happened to you,or do you normally just drive slow enough for it not to matter?

wanting the pleb in front holding you up to come to immediate grief or have a heart attack so you can watch him die and get out of the road has nothing to do with professionalism,its to do with normal human nature,which is why everyone driving speeds to varying degrees.(excluding yourself,jts and followers)

dieseldog999:
+1
minutes saved mean vast differences to your day or week depending on what type of work your doing.
1 minute can mean a missed boat,leading to no uninterrupted sleep,or getting home in time for your day off.
if these road warrior plobbers were so concerned about everyone elses safety then they would realise that speed limits are obsolete and outdated targets to be wildly ignored as much as possible if you are capable of battering on safely.( in your own opinion)
the only aspect of that practice of being unsafe is when some road commander plobber sits exactly on the limit causing tailbacks and frustration leading to reckless overtaking caused only by the herbert in fronts driving without consideration to other road users.
instead of being snug in the security of their cab assuming someone wont overtake,stop,drag them out,beat them to a pulp after throwing their keys over a hedge,they might consider the option of pulling in and letting the held up queue of normal drivers pass.
these plobbers are usually the ones that sit at 40 on a single roads,then nail it on the dual sections.
if you are incapable of safely driving at increased speeds regarding road conditions,then best you keep out of the way of others who can and let them get on with their day.
this aspect of action could also be read as " ■■■■ off out of the way and mind your own business."

the other one is just flung in for good measure as i love it and it is absolute class and a fine example of the craic on the 75. :unamused:

Your attitude in that case stinks and doesn’t deserve any more of a reply than that. Speed limits are obsolete right ok then :unamused:

“beat me to a pulp” as you put it just for keeping to a speed limit? Now who’s professional?
[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i would imagine that the vast majority of drivers who eventually get past you would think of doing so to you to varying degrees.

for you to understand what its like being stuck behind some dogmatic plobber,then wouldnt you like to murder the brain dead inbred farmer palmer tractor driver who chugs on regardless of the ever lengthening tailback behind him mile after mile when the ignorant ■■■■■■ keeps chugging on instead of pulling in when convenient?
has that never happened to you,or do you normally just drive slow enough for it not to matter?

wanting the pleb in front holding you up to come to immediate grief or have a heart attack so you can watch him die and get out of the road has nothing to do with professionalism,its to do with normal human nature,which is why everyone driving speeds to varying degrees.(excluding yourself,jts and followers)
[/quote]
I hope you end up behind me on a single carriageway one day

Rowley010:

dieseldog999:
+1

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

[/quote]
I hope you end up behind me on a single carriageway one day
[/quote]
^^
i hope i dont,or if i do,then i hope you dont have a dash cam,though id imagine you would have?? theres plenty like you all over the uk though.
just out of curiosity…who is the cause of the overtaking in the pics seeing as its a normal bid country road with numerous drivers?

You’ll know it’s me because if the speed limit is 30 I’ll be doing 30 even it’s safe at the time to do more. If it’s 40 I’ll be doing 40 even if it’s safe at the time to do more. If it’s national speed limit I’ll be doing 50, unless your behind be in Scotland in which case I’ll be doing 40. And as I’m doing nothing wrong and driving up to the speed limit I won’t be pulling in to let you past however close to my back you drive to try and bully me out of the way. I don’t give in to bullies. So deal with it.

Rowley010:
You’ll know it’s me because if the speed limit is 30 I’ll be doing 30 even it’s safe at the time to do more. If it’s 40 I’ll be doing 40 even if it’s safe at the time to do more. If it’s national speed limit I’ll be doing 50, unless your behind be in Scotland in which case I’ll be doing 40. And as I’m doing nothing wrong and driving up to the speed limit I won’t be pulling in to let you past however close to my back you drive to try and bully me out of the way. I don’t give in to bullies. So deal with it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
like myself,most normal drivers have to deal with it on a daily basis,hence its less hassle just to barge on and pass at the earliest opperchancity as you see in the vids… :slight_smile:

Rowley010:

Top man, keep up the good work and let me tell you it’s you that’s normal and one of the few who don’t give us a bad name these days.

Rowley010:

tachograph:

What is it with professional drivers inability to stick to speed limits?

As long as they’re driving safely I don’t see an issue.

Most ridiculous statement of 2019 there.

?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

dont be spouting your normal troll pish now mrjts.
i thought you were retired now anyway?
if he is "one of the few,"then he cant by definition be "normal,"as if he was,then the majority of “normal” drivers wouldnt be queued up jockying for position for miles behind these type of abnormal drivers as the videos previously posted show.
its a miserable day…get back to planning your next icelandic trip and stop being a fanny. :laughing:

I don’t really know what your trying to prove from those videos other than some footage of impatient drivers who do some appalling and illegal overtaking and should have their licences removed for it.

Rowley010:
I don’t really know what your trying to prove from those videos other than some footage of impatient drivers who do some appalling and illegal overtaking and should have their licences removed for it.

Nope , I don’t know either. I just hope he is a wind up merchant for everyones sake. I did not even look at the videos because I kinda knew what they would contain.

dieseldog999:
dont be spouting your normal troll pish now mrjts.
i thought you were retired now anyway?
if he is "one of the few,"then he cant by definition be "normal,"as if he was,then the majority of “normal” drivers wouldnt be queued up jockying for position for miles behind these type of abnormal drivers as the videos previously posted show.
its a miserable day…get back to planning your next icelandic trip and stop being a fanny. :laughing:

I don’t spout pish or has some other twerp the other day said “sprout”. :laughing: I very rarely see the moronic driving in the UK these days. TF. Just to keep you updated we are off to Asia over xmas and new year. Will see what unusual pics I can take for you over there. :laughing:

Yes retired and loving it, thanks for asking. :laughing:

Rowley010:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
in…your …opinion…which is as blinkered as your posts.

dieseldog999:

Rowley010:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I’d be surprised if there’s many that think crossing a solid white line in an artic to overtake a line of trucks is at all appropriate. If you think there is actually anything right about that perhaps it’s you that shouldn’t hold a licence. For any vehicle, not just a truck.

Rowley010:

dieseldog999:

Rowley010:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I’d be surprised if there’s many that think crossing a solid white line in an artic to overtake a line of trucks is at all appropriate. If you think there is actually anything right about that perhaps it’s you that shouldn’t hold a licence. For any vehicle, not just a truck.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
in …your…opinion… :slight_smile:

if someone is doing a rolling roadblock causing tailbacks full of aggrivated drivers due to snail pace of said pole position chugger,then its always quite prudent for most to get them behind you and carry on normally with the rest of the normal drivers.
thats why theres contantly new videos of people overtaking crawlers

Numbers on sticks is all it is…Nothing is real until it has to be proved, one way or the other.
Who cares?
Does any of it really matter?

Life is too short, or will it be because of ignorance?

Extra lights and illuminated surrounds and cameras don`t make numbers on sticks any different, they are still numbers on sticks.