Professional driver.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq-_y5FUhfM

HGV drivers get a bad name, then this guy comes along. What a star.

Amazing. Trucker was calm, nice lady witness stopped, biker was helpful. No drama, just the way it should be when no one is hurt.

Fair play to all involved, the lorry driver was a credit to the road haulage industry and the lady driver was decent enough to immediately admit fault.

Accidents shouldn’t happen but when they do that’s the way they should be dealt with :slight_smile:

albion:
Amazing. Trucker was calm, nice lady witness stopped, biker was helpful. No drama, just the way it should be when no one is hurt.

No doubt the reason for the dramatics after a collision is insurance companies insistence that no one admits blame. Instead of that they make a total pigs ear of settling the claim where an acceptance of fault at the scene would reduce most of the hassle.

I was involved in a damage only collision which was £3400 of damage and took 2 years 5 months to settle.

albion:

+1

tachograph:
Fair play to all involved, the lorry driver was a credit to the road haulage industry and the lady driver was decent enough to immediately admit fault.

Accidents shouldn’t happen but when they do that’s the way they should be dealt with :slight_smile:

She will change her tune after when insurance is involved.

mrginge:

tachograph:

You’ve hit the nail on the head there.

mrginge:

tachograph:

Sadly, that’s usually the way. Had a car with a bunch of lads in it take a bend too fast coming towards me and he hit my offside front. Luckily no one was hurt and first thing he did was say sorry and it was his fault. By time the insurance companies got involved, he suddenly decided I was at fault. Dragged on for months and ended up in court as he didn’t even have a licence.

My eldest lad was driving in his car when an old woman pulled out in front of him, his car was badly damaged.
Police were involved and it was clearly her fault.

Later on her son knocked on my boy’s door thanking him for not kicking off at his mother, and for showing concern for her at the scene of the accident.
Made me proud of him.

Insurance companies have found a use for village idiots, they employ them in their claims departments.

If Carlsberg did RTA’s…

It’s okay and all, but imo the truckers first priority should have been to make sure the person in the car was okay not to ask the biker if he had it on camera.

Could have smashed the door window, glass in eyes you just don’t know.

The lorry driver is an idiot

Driving while wearing a hiviz is unacceptable :laughing:

Bloody hell, four drivers all rational and cheery at once. Where was that filmed? I want to move there!

andy_s:

mrginge:

tachograph:

Sadly, that’s usually the way. Had a car with a bunch of lads in it take a bend too fast coming towards me and he hit my offside front. Luckily no one was hurt and first thing he did was say sorry and it was his fault. By time the insurance companies got involved, he suddenly decided I was at fault. Dragged on for months and ended up in court as he didn’t even have a licence.

Our motors have dashcams, but it’s always been my intention in the event of an accident to turn on the voice recorder on my phone when I get out.

When people get home and realise that x years no claims discount is about to go down the swanny, they start thinking selfishly. Especially young drivers with the premiums they face.

tommymanc:
It’s okay and all, but imo the truckers first priority should have been to make sure the person in the car was okay not to ask the biker if he had it on camera.

I don’t think asking the biker if he was recording slowed him down getting to see the woman in the car, and it was more a comment as he saw the biker walk towards him with a camera mounted on his helmet. He also didn’t know he was going to face a shocked little old lady, could have been somebody wanting to make a big deal of the situation.

Personally I thought everybody dealt with it brilliantly, especially the truck driver, I might have to remember that although I don’t the the Polish agricultural engineers whose van rolled into my car a few weeks back would have really appreciated me giving them a hug. :laughing:

tommymanc:

What a drama queen :unamused:

First priority is self preservation! The 3 seconds of information gathering regarding camera footage was immaterial. He went straight to the offending vehicle to check. What more do you want :open_mouth: lorry drivers carrying stretchers and neck braces??

had a similar situation myself on the M25 just after J21 clockwise about 5 yrs ago, the accident was my fault as I sideswiped a car on my inside as I pulled over from the second lane,i stopped on the hard shoulder as did the car driver,an old boy about 75 got out and started saying out loud that it was my fault,i replied I am not disputing that and want to know one thing,he said what was that,i replied are you and your wife ok he said he was a bit shook up and I said i’m not surprised seeing a bloody great thing like my wagon coming towards your car,i calmed him and his wife down and said follow me to the services and I will buy you both a tea,he said thanks but he was coming off at J22 as he was meeting his son, we swapped details and both of us went on our merry way,i never felt so guilty though, for about two days after,did feel sorry for them though

Why is everyone praising the lorry driver?

Slowing down a bit,using correct lane discipline and better observation would have prevented the accident in the first place.
A star my ■■■.Just the average ■■■■ in a hurry.

He didn’t look in a hurry to me, he just made a mistake where no one was hurt - fortunately. He made an error and there was a collision, it was sorted in a professional way.

If anyone on this forum HAS NEVER made a mistake please post publicly and I will buy them beer for the rest of their lives. If they are teetotal I will buy their breakfast instead. For the pedants that may respond I will buy the teetotal, don’t eat breakfast, vegan/vegetarian folk anything they want to an equal value (not exceeding £4m) for the duration of my life.