Privacy concerns about signing the Petition

Can I sneak this reply in here in response to a posting in ‘‘2 minutes’’

wurzel99uk:

TheBear:
The reason there may be only 65 sigs could be the fact that you have to enter your address!! I was about to sign til I saw this. Sorry, but I cannot see the reasoning behind the need for this.
If someone can change my mind then I would willingly sign it.

petitions.pm.gov.uk/steps

Step 4: Petition live
Once your petition is live, you will be able to publicise the URL you chose when you created your petition, and anyone will be able to come to the website and sign it.
They will be asked to give their name and address and an email address that we can verify. The system is designed to identify duplicate names and addresses, and will not allow someone to sign a petition more than once. Anyone signing a petition will be sent an email asking them to click a link to confirm that they have signed the petition. Once they have done this, their name will be added to the petition.
Your petition will show the total number of signatures received. It will also display the names of signatories, unless they have opted not to be shown

The address doesn’t need to be too specific :wink:
The postcode is fairly vague too

Please please please don’t be put off by this bit of Beaurocracy,be…um… Creative :laughing:

Just to add.

Big Brother is already watching you and knows where you live anyway. Tesco and Sainsburys know what you eat, the NHS know all your kids by name and your passport is scanned every time you use it.

If you carry a mobile phone you are already been tracked, so signing a petition and giving information to verify your address is not going to cause you a problem

unless your BIN LADEN of course… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

People worried about having their name and address next to something they support?

Surely that’s a bit like saying: “Hi, I have an opinion, I’ll tell you what it is, but I won’t tell you who I am”

Sounds a bit like throwing a stone then hiding behind a wall.

If you’ve got an opinion stand up and be proud about it, no need to hide!
Its only the internet that’s brought all this “ooooh I’m scared” stuff about. not like them old days eh?

Alex :sunglasses:

A bit paranoid if you ask me.

Did you know that the government was absolutely amazed that it got the smoking bill through. They never expected it without massive alterations, but now they have realised how chicken people are they fully intend to make the most of it.

For your own sake, you need to stand your ground on anything you feel strongly about.

DAFMAD wrote:
Don’t forget the link ? Put it up at any chance you get.

petitions.pm.gov.uk/UKtruckdrivers/

DAFMAD wrote:
Don’t forget the link ? Put it up at any chance you get.

Scarab:
People worried about having their name and address next to something they support?

Surely that’s a bit like saying: “Hi, I have an opinion, I’ll tell you what it is, but I won’t tell you who I am”

Oi, do you mind. Throwing a stone from behind a wall is good tactical sense. It means that when they throw a stone back it doesn’t hurt as much. Initially. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry, what was the question again :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Scarab:

If you’ve got an opinion stand up and be proud about it, no need to hide!
Its only the internet that’s brought all this “ooooh I’m scared” stuff about. not like them old days eh?

Alex :sunglasses:

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

wurzel99uk:
DAFMAD wrote:
Don’t forget the link ? Put it up at any chance you get. _________________

239 signed as of tonight

as we live in a police state if i can irritate the powers that be in any way im happy evrey time i log on they know who i am so whats the problem theres no such thing as invisible theys. days unless you are a terrorist . :laughing: me ive not got a problem with petions .just the reason why we have to sign petions
nothing good would happen in this country if it wasnt for the ordanary people that pointed things out to us that the goverment would never mention

I’ve been away and catching up on it all I’ve just signed, surely if you were one of the poor sod’s you would like to think your fellowdrivers would support you :open_mouth:

wurzel99uk:

wurzel99uk:
DAFMAD wrote:
Don’t forget the link ? Put it up at any chance you get. _________________

239 signed as of tonight

242 signed,still ticking over…any else get a reply from their MP ? :confused: